Women dating younger men

Options

Replies

• Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    You should do whatever feels right for you. Age is not what should be important, what is in your heart is. I say go for it! We only get 1 ride on this thing called life so enjoy it to the fullest. Best of luck to you. Be Happy

Could not have said it better myself!!!! :drinker:
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I can only think of one thing I'd want to do with someone in his 20s, and it's not have a long conversation.

:drinker: :drinker:
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    My situation is reversed I'm 24 years old and my husband is 57 years old. Marrying him was the best decision I ever made. We have so much in common have so much fun together and age is not an issue in the slightest. We don't even think about it.

Before I met my husband I dated older men in general because their maturity appealed to me. Once dated someone a year younger and he put me off dating younger men completely lol. But luckily if that hadn't gone tits up (pardon the language lol) I would never have met my husband :happy: he's the best thing ever :love:
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I usually date younger men, only because I look significantly younger than I am. Men my age or older rarely hit on me...if ever. I try not to date the ones a decade younger than me, so, it's usually in the 7-5 years younger range. I would love to date men my own age, but I think I would get funny looks from people thinking he was dating a much younger woman. Hah.
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    OP.
    Milf and couger are positive terms these days. Or so I thought.

:laugh: Thank God! I was getting a little worried there for a moment. :smile:

There are a few reasons why your 40yo ex-husband is dating/marrying a 23yo and we all know what they are. It's called a midlife crisis. Grow up, dude.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    In 9 days I will be marrying a man who is 7 years younger. While I have also dated an older guy in the past - I have to say I definitely prefer younger. He has much more energy and is more fun than the older guy was. We have tons in common and have been together for 6 1/2 years.

Don't worry so much about the number - my fiance is my best friend. We have wonderful conversations and exciting adventures. Choose a person not an age.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I agree with the whole 'age is just a number' philosophy, as well as the whole 'similar life stage' philosophy. I really think that life experience and life stage are more important than a number. My bf is 12 years older than me but we've been through similar things. He's divorced with a young son, I have no children but am also divorced. We both faced similar issues with our exes. We have similar personalities and really mesh well together. And in the end, he makes me really happy and vice versa!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I say go for it if it's fun and makes you happy. Just be realistic that the chances this will be someone you are with for the rest of your life are probably pretty slim though.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    My husband is almost 10 years younger than me and age is no problem. I think he acts a little more mature for his age(compared to his friends) and I am still a big kid sometimes so we meet in the middle. :)
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    In my relationship it is the other way round. Between my partner and I there is 35 years. I am 20 and he is 54 (55 this year). We have been together for five years and have been engaged for 3. We also share a 13 month old daughter together.

The age gap has never been an issue between us and we are very happy together.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the people involved. I met a younger guy online and chatted with him for months just because he was fun to talk to. I refused to date him because he was 7 years younger than I. The thought made me feel creepy. One weekend I got stood up for a date and gave in to having dinner with the younger man. That was almost 7 years ago, we own a home and have lived together 5.5 years.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    no more than 5 years younger and 5-7 years older for me. just my preference.

But do what makes you happy!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Little back story first: my ex-husband who is my age, 40, is getting remarried. His fiancee is 23 years old. I admit it bugged me at first, but what he does in his personal life is none of my concern, so I have moved past that. I just want her to be good to my children.

But it got me thinking that when a man dates a much younger woman, it usually isn't considered a big deal as long as she's legal. But when a woman dates a younger man, she's a cougar, milf, or whatever unflattering name she is called.

Ironically, there is a man who is 16 years my junior that I am attracted to, but I haven't acted on those feelings because of the age difference. Am I making a mistake here?

So what is your opinion of women dating younger men or men dating older women? Any experiences or advice you would like to share? :flowerforyou:

I, personally, think it's disgusting, but that's just my opinion. You should do whatever will make you happy.

The only question I would have is this (and one of my main reasons for feeling the way I do)... what happens when this 24 year old boy decides he wants to have BIOLOGICAL children and because you're past your child bearing years you are unable to fulfill that?
  • mmarshall425
    mmarshall425 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6 years younger than I am. He had never been married or had any children. I was divorced with 2 children. The age difference was more of a problem form me than it was for him. I was self - conscience and worried he would get tired of being with an older woman but I finally caved and agreed to date him. It was the best decision I have ever made. We have been together for 3 years and I have never been happier.

I don't think age should matter as long as two people have things in common and care for each other.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I say go for it also. I wouldn't myself just because I just came out of a divorce, very much still in love with him, and he is going through mid-life crisis. He just turned 48. I guess I would worry (just because of this having happened), that if I dated a much younger guy and fell in love with him, then he might too go through a midlife crisis many years from now when I am older, more wrinkled, etc. I would love to believe in the "love forever" thing, but now know that isn't always the case. But, if you are willing to take the chance and he is attracted to you too....I say follow your heart :smile:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I agree with what most everyone has already said. Age is just a number.

I was in a relationship for close to 15 years with a man who was 8 years older than me. After that ended it has been younger men for me. Most are 10+ years younger than me. I have never acted my age, everyone thinks I am younger than I really am, so I guess this makes sense.

Also I think it works out better having younger men to play with, seeing as they are better able to keep up with me. Lol
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Grow up, dude.

you had to know this is coming.. thats why he grew up.. shes 23!

THANK YOU.. ILL BE HERE ALL WEEK!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Little back story first: my ex-husband who is my age, 40, is getting remarried. His fiancee is 23 years old. I admit it bugged me at first, but what he does in his personal life is none of my concern, so I have moved past that. I just want her to be good to my children.

But it got me thinking that when a man dates a much younger woman, it usually isn't considered a big deal as long as she's legal. But when a woman dates a younger man, she's a cougar, milf, or whatever unflattering name she is called.

Ironically, there is a man who is 16 years my junior that I am attracted to, but I haven't acted on those feelings because of the age difference. Am I making a mistake here?

So what is your opinion of women dating younger men or men dating older women? Any experiences or advice you would like to share? :flowerforyou:

I, personally, think it's disgusting, but that's just my opinion. You should do whatever will make you happy.

The only question I would have is this (and one of my main reasons for feeling the way I do)... what happens when this 24 year old boy decides he wants to have BIOLOGICAL children and because you're past your child bearing years you are unable to fulfill that?

Because EVERYONE wants to have children of course..............
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I guess it all comes down to how it makes you feel. Back when I was about 23 I slept with an 18 year old fresh out of high school....it made me feel dirty as hell lol. I realize there was only 5 years difference but at those ages, 5 years is a huge difference. Pros...younger guys are less "experienced" so if you feel like being lazy and don't "give it" 100%, they don't know any better. Cons...again, younger guys are less experienced so you'll have to tell them what to do if you want to get any real satisfaction. At my age now though, I don't think I could do it. My baby bump and stretch marks make me feel really unattractive and if I don't feel hot, how can I look hot to someone so young?
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options

Age is a state of mind. If you do this because of a geniune attraction and not to "get even", you have Uncle Tom's blessing my child.

Tom

:smile: