Would you hire an obese trainer???

Options

Replies

• yjdekle
    yjdekle Posts: 12
    Options
    It's kind of like going to a hair dresser who has the worst hair ever. I doubt I would want to get my hair cut by that person, let alone, a "personal trainer" who could not train his/her own body some weight control.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Well, would you agree to be seen by an obese doctore or a doctor who smoked?

I do. He's a really good doctor. He'll probably die before me but that is his business.
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    nope!! One of worse experiences was going even to a doctor that rode me for 20 min about weight and she was sitting there weighing 350 lbs changed doctors
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow, aren't we a judgmental group! It's interesting that so many clinically overweight people are so hung up on other people's weight.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ...but that's because I would never hire a trainer period..

I am shocked about the responses...

I have seen people with bad hair cuts and bad hair dos....be real good at cutting hair and doing hair..

People that are skinny as a twig....but can bake and cook with REAL butter..

People that are bad with their own finances....but can spot a penny mistake in other people's finances...

Amen.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    In terms of the doctor thing... I refuse to see any doctor that I know is religious. I don't want mumbo jumbo mixed in with my healing science thankyou very much. ^_^
    (*dons flame suit*)
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Would you hire a financial planner that has filed bankruptcy?

I couldn't give you a BIGGER and more obnoxious.... a-heck-NO!
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    My trainer was about 100 pounds over weight when she first started training me, she had lost about 60 pounds.. know after working with her for a year shes lost almost 170 pounds and has helped me lose 80 pounds. I always felt like she really knows what i go through. Because shes been through it. I personally would want to get to know the person first, how much they weigh doesnt matter to me.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes. For entertainment purposes.

^^^ This:laugh:
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options

How long ago did they file? Why did they file? Have they learned from that experience? Do they know how to avoid it again?

Must be nice to live in a world that is all black or white. Unfortunately, so much grey gets missed.
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    those that cant do, teach
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

How long ago did they file? Why did they file? Have they learned from that experience? Do they know how to avoid it again?

Must be nice to live in a world that is all black or white. Unfortunately, so much grey gets missed.

Must be nice to be so secure in your finances to take a chance like that.
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    No way! They don't have to be completely buff or super duper fit but not obese.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wouldn't hire an obese nutritionist or dietitian either.

ditto
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Nope.

I want to look at my goal while I'm working towards it.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! If you are trying to get me to live it, you better be doing it too.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Must be nice to be so secure in your finances to take a chance like that.

Having filed for bankruptcy as a married couple, I am not comfortable casting harsh judgement against people when I don't know their circumstances.

And FYI, we filed because we were swamped in med bills after a horrible round of illness. Not all people who file do so because they are irresponsible.

But rock on with your bad self. Keep judging, I hear glass houses really are the new cool thing.
  • lottie_28
    lottie_28 Posts: 26
    Options
    No. I agree that looks don't determine what they know and how much they can teach, but you look for someone who will motivate you as a trainer. I (and most people) would be far more motivated by someone who was more physically fit and could actively push you, rather than someone who is unlikely to be in good shape physically.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Um...no! If I had the money for a trainer, I would find a super-fit female trainer who could inspire me.