harpgohard Posts: 65
    Options
    Boobies!!!
    are awsome :)

*proud owner of a pair*
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I bet you wish you never posted this topic huh?
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should start logging sex :-)

I could eat a bunch, then lol

I log it under circuit training. :blushing:
  • harpgohard
    Options
    I bet you wish you never posted this topic huh?

Nah, I don't regret. Some people have given great points which has changed my mind a bit.
  • harpgohard
    Options
    Maybe I should start logging sex :-)

I could eat a bunch, then lol

I log it under circuit training. :blushing:

Hahaha, I've logged it as cardio once ;P
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is when "18" year olds th
    at probably live with there parents still haven't even experienced cleaning up after a whole household!!! I log my cleaning on my serious cleaning days when it takes me literally 2.5 hours to clean my 2 story house top to bottom. This weekend I'll use my HRM to show exactly how much calories I burn.

Totally agree sista we can only hope maturity will come with time, age, and the big whack in the face that is "the real world"

One can hope ...they say girls mature faster than boys .....I guess not in this case!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    If logging in those things helps someone reach their goals why would you put it down? Do you know that for some people it's hard just to get out of bed in the morning, let alone accomplish tasks that others consider "normal"? There are people who suffer from things that you may or may never understand, don't put them down because you're more advanced than they are.

This would be the same as someone telling you that you're not running fast enough, therefore your exercise doesn't count.
  • harpgohard
    Options
    What bothers me is when "18" year olds th
    at probably live with there parents still haven't even experienced cleaning up after a whole household!!! I log my cleaning on my serious cleaning days when it takes me literally 2.5 hours to clean my 2 story house top to bottom. This weekend I'll use my HRM to show exactly how much calories I burn.

Totally agree sista we can only hope maturity will come with time, age, and the big whack in the face that is "the real world"

Um pretty sure I've said that I understand heavy duty cleaning can be logged.
    I work 2 jobs, pay for all of my own bills, and I'm the only one who cleans my house. Not my parents, me.
    So how am I not mature?

One can hope ...they say girls mature faster than boys .....I guess not in this case!
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The only thing that 'bugs' me about MFP is when people start disparaging their start weight.
    Because your start weight may be someone else's goal weight.

Or your start weight, might be my weight today (at midpoint), which I worked very hard for. So please don't talk about how 'disgusting' you were or moan about 'how I let myself go'. I would rather wake up feeling like my accomplishment is something to be proud of, rather than something that would've shamed you.

Your start weight is someone else's finishing weight.
    I LIKE THIS
  • harpgohard
    Options
    If logging in those things helps someone reach their goals why would you put it down? Do you know that for some people it's hard just to get out of bed in the morning, let alone accomplish tasks that others consider "normal"? There are people who suffer from things that you may or may never understand, don't put them down because you're more advanced than they are.

This would be the same as someone telling you that you're not running fast enough, therefore your exercise doesn't count.

I agree.
  • tonyrd3000
    tonyrd3000 Posts: 20
    Options
    What ppl do on MFP that bugs me

Beat a dead horse. Best of luck with all your meal plans, workouts, and goals. I am now departing this post.

:)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It's my log. I use it to keep track of what I do so I can tell what helps me lose weight. I put myself down as sedentary, but I walk to work every day (25 minutes), do a lot of yard work, take care of my chickens, etc. I log that. I usually don't eat the extra calories it earns me, but I must admit I take consolation on the days that I do more that I'm under my net. And I'm usually under my net by around 2000 calories a week.

When I look at the body model that the government uses to measure calories, I take their little survey and come out as 'moderate activity' - and wind up with the same recommended calories as I do here. I'm losing weight. That's all that matters. I'll be interested in seeing how adding swimming next week changes things. I expect I'll be hungrier.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    . so like i said before, i feel like they are kind of just cheating themselves.

They are. Are you? Since you are a people watcher, do you also watch yourself?
    Some things annoy me too. It feels like cheating when people say an exercise is worth so many more calories than it is. They are cheating! Makes me want to run and tell mom. But wait...
    we are all grown up here (I think) and are responsible for our own choices.
    I often choose to ignore, to let it go, to focus on other more positive things, to forgive, to understand.
    People are human, mostly, and have weaknesses, vices, failings.
    I am on a mission, and yet, I am still not perfect- still lie cheat and steal. I still get sucked into the drama from time to time, but getting better every day.
    I am cheating myself right now by spending my time doing this, instead of other choices I can make which are way more positive.
    I often tell my son (5yrs old) to not hate anything that can't hate him back- it's a waste of energy.
    Good luck.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Not trying to stir up controversy or anything,

:laugh: good job!
  • SixesRiverRanger
    Options
    I'm a people watcher too, always curious but could care less what they log. I won't ever log house or yard work...just seems weird. But if it works for them, so be it :) I log walking to the newspaper box because it's over a mile round trip with hills both ways.....I also log the time I spend with/riding my horses even though they are part of my daily routine. I prefer posting my high-calorie killing workouts most of all though! Have a great day :)
  • sinsaria
    Options
    I clean model homes for a living....

All I do is vacuum, polish glass, rinse toilets, dust and do light work outside like knocking down cobwebs and windows. I wear a heart rate monitor and I burn more calories doing my work than I ever did running or doing any kind of cardio.