• allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me want pizza lol.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    This thread makes me want pizza lol.

I know :( lol.

For others on the board who live with others with no food or weight issues (lucky people!) -- how do you deal with them bringing your trigger foods into the house? I'm talking about other adults, not a situation where, say, it's you and the kids so you can control the food that comes in and out.

It seems unfair to tell other grown people to please not buy x, y, or z.... But man, I have to admit that even in "recovery" I still sometimes have a hard time knowing there is, say, an entire leftover pizza or a box of Pop-Tarts (ugh) sitting around singing a siren song.
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    My worst binge ever was a combination of Taco Bell and McDonald's. I cannot remember the exact order, but I am pretty sure it looked something like this:

1 Chicken Quesadilla w/ side of nacho cheese
    1 Steak Quesadilla w/side of nacho cheese
    1 Nacho Bell Grande w/ double beef, nacho cheese, and sour cream
    1 Large Baja Blast Mt Dew
    1 Mexican Pizza
    3 soft tacos
    2 chicken nacho cheese chalupas add sour cream and tomato
    2 Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
    and about 15 hot sauce packets

and from McDonald's:

1 Quarter Pounder with Cheese
    1 Large Fries

Binging has always been my response to anxiety attacks, flashbacks, and other such emotional crap. :/ I don't think I combined the Taco Bell and McDonald's in one sitting but maybe once or twice, maybe three times, but if I got my "usual" from Taco Bell and part of my "usual" from McDonald's then it definitely looked something like the above orders. I could rarely eat every bit of it, but I'd eat about 98% of it. The whole point for me is to eat until I am completely miserable, to eat so much it causes physical pain. Food is for me what a razor blade is for cutters. I have tried both, and food has always been more effective.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yep, done the pizza thing. Can eat an entire large pizza with a coke (have done that a few times at home all by myself). Pizza and coke would still be my dying request for a last meal. Even now sometimes my husband wants to order a large pizza that we'll split and I always eat my entire half even though I tell myself I'll just have 2 slices. Ugh. Weakness.
  • jacquelyn311
    jacquelyn311 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    During that time of the month.. I binge the whole time my period is on...... I still my be food conscious though, just thinking about the hard work prior too the binge..

You and I, we are one in the same... My chocolate intake goes through the roof, and then I go to the gym and burn it off.
  • 115forlife
    115forlife Posts: 3
    Options
    I can't remember but I've had some bad ones

one time
    whole med pizza w. chocolate dessert bread sticks
    another
    2 chocolate bars, 1 cupcake, 1 rootbeer float, 1 large cookie, 1 box of takeout (Asian noodles), 1 cake pop, 1 frappacino

good times...
  • lkweber21
    lkweber21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Mexican food......chips, guacamole, salsa, chicken chimichangas with cheese sauce, margarities, etc.

All of these posts are making me hungry!
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My weakness is Mexican food......chips, guacamole, salsa, chicken chimichangas with cheese sauce, margarities, etc.

All of these posts are making me hungry!

O man me too!
  • rosypeter
    rosypeter Posts: 2
    Options
    Pretty new to the forum, but I have been no stranger to ED.
    I am very secretive regarding this to the people around me. The only way to seek help for me is through forums.
    Right now I am in my worst dilemma. I successfully lost 20 pounds and I havent weighed myself in 3 months, as a part of my recovery (Ofcourse I lost it in a healthy way). I decided I would treat myself lavishly. Biggest mistake.
    I literally ordered 3 large thin crust pizzas from dominos. Ended up eating all the three. No exaggeration.
    After each pizza, I purged and I felt like throwing the rest. After a while, it triggered and I ate another one. Felt the same. Did it again.
    Never felt so suicidal. I wish there was a rewind button to undo what I had done.
    I wish.. I could go back to normal. I remember the day when My eating went out of control and when I was in recovery, I gained weight massively. And that has become a big nightmare. I can't believe I am back to stage one. Gosh.. why is it so easy to lose control??
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I am very secretive regarding this to the people around me. The only way to seek help for me is through forums.
    Right now I am in my worst dilemma. I successfully lost 20 pounds and I havent weighed myself in 3 months, as a part of my recovery (Ofcourse I lost it in a healthy way). I decided I would treat myself lavishly. Biggest mistake.
    I literally ordered 3 large thin crust pizzas from dominos. Ended up eating all the three. No exaggeration.
    After each pizza, I purged and I felt like throwing the rest. After a while, it triggered and I ate another one. Felt the same. Did it again.
    Never felt so suicidal. I wish there was a rewind button to undo what I had done.
    I wish.. I could go back to normal. I remember the day when My eating went out of control and when I was in recovery, I gained weight massively. And that has become a big nightmare. I can't believe I am back to stage one. Gosh.. why is it so easy to lose control??

Wow, you poor thing. What ED did you suffer from (i'm assuming bulimia but i'm not sure). I know this is a bit of a strange suggestion, but have you considered going to an OA meeting? I don't know if this is good or bad advice. I suppose the positive would be, encouragement to not binge - but it could also be a trigger to eat nothing. Wish i could be of more help!
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Oh man, when I was pregnant(and this is not in anyway an excuse)I drove myself to Taco Bell and ordered just about every thing on the menu and went home and had a pig fest, all by myself. I paid for it later on, but I felt as though I had to be greedy! Today, I don't even like Taco Bell.
  • gettingthinandfit
    Options
    Um i ate like 3 bags + of nachos. i had like 0 control at the time. Luckily I just avoid nachos all together now because i know i can't control myself with them
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    once, I was really depressed and I took vanilla ice cream and fritos and ate a lot of it... like probably 1/3 of a gallon and and maybe 2 cups of fritos. It honestly tasted great but I felt so awful afterwards:( I use to eat (on a binge) and entire everything medium pizza from Dominos by myself:(

The biggest problem for me wasn't binging but grazing tho... how come when one is stressed, it seems one's stomach is infinite in size kinda like a bottomless hole:(
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I just remember that the last time I had a really horrible binge, I actually logged it and It ended up being.........

11,000 calories. I win.
  • lauravasseur
    Options
    I ate a whole box of Lemonades yesterday at work. :-(
    Its bad, but i would do it again, Im afraid.....

The curse of the Girl Scout Cookies strikes again.

yup my binge, not since dieting though, this was back when I was skinny, had a whole box of tagalongs and a sleeve of thin mints in one sitting
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options

Wow, you poor thing. What ED did you suffer from (i'm assuming bulimia but i'm not sure). I know this is a bit of a strange suggestion, but have you considered going to an OA meeting? I don't know if this is good or bad advice. I suppose the positive would be, encouragement to not binge - but it could also be a trigger to eat nothing. Wish i could be of more help!

I am sorry. I didn't read all the comments and realize that my comment might be offensive. I can relate to other things that I struggle with and it is no joke. I wish you well.
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Entire batch of no-bake cookies...peanut butter + chocolate = my kryptonite. :)
  • Soni82
    Soni82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    oh dear... one of my worst binges I was PMSing and bored at the time and i wanted to eat the world! I crawled into the pantry and found betty crocker icing and ate a whole sachet, a family sized bag of tripple butter popcorn, about 20 flavoured rice thins, over half a packet of iced vovos, 6 pack of beer, blue cheese about 100g or probably more with crackers, gerkins, dry cereal, spoons of plain honey from the jar and about 5 heaped tbs of peanut butter oh and about that of dry milo.... I refused to go to the store to buy more crap thankfully! and that doesnt include bfast or dinner! Dont want to know the calories from that day......
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    :laugh: mmmm let me see... 20 piñas coladas.... 15 sex on the beach..... two cups of white wine.... dont remember how many white russian or something like that... beach vacations lol!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: ( not counting breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) :laugh:
  • JaneNoir
    JaneNoir Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Food and I have been together for so long. I'm 31 now, but I remember the FIRST thing I did when I got my license at 16 and had the car to myself. I went "on tour" to allll of my favorite fast food places and got my favorite meal from each one. Twister with extra mayo from KFC with mac n cheese and potato wedges, Whopper with cheese and original chicken sandwich from BK, quarter pounder from McDonalds and I got a dozen Dunkin donuts to bring home for later that day.

When I moved out on my own was another landmark food failure. I would order 2 large onion, steak and cheese with extra american cheese and extra mayo from the pizza place in town and pick it up making sure I said plurals like "we" and "for both of us" so they would think it was not all for me. I could eat 1.5 and save the little half sandwich for an hour or so before I would eat that too. The filling was more like a meat pudding with all that cheese and mayo, it was amazing. I would stop into gas stations and get every kind of little debbie snack they had and also tell the cashier, "don't worry, it's not all mine..." .

I would also make huge 32oz boxes of elbow macaroni and mix in whatever awful thing and mix it all up with a jar of mayo and eat it alll day. Like cheese chunks and pepperoni, or tuna and peas, etc. The last splurge was 3 weeks ago, and became so dizzy I almost went to the hospital. I knew diabetes was a very real possibility for me, and now I'm down 14lbs. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU, THIS IS SO HARD!