• gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Rants like "I hate people who......"

- Continue to eat crap and cry when they don't lose weight
    - Log house cleaning as exercise
    - Can't count to 20, even when using their toes
    - Can't figure out when to use 'lose' or 'loose'
    - Don't understand ME and MY needs (it's all about me, after all)
    - Think trolls aren't people, too

Grammatically dry-humping the English language with the word "loose," when they clearly mean "lose," makes me want to kick puppies.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    1) Exercising doesn't Lose weight
    2) Bump
    3) How do I turn fat to muscle
    4) Muscle weighs more than fat
    5) Do the calories in <name of food> count?
    6) Do I need a protein shake?
    7) Does it matter where your calories come from as long as you're under your allowance?
    8) Do I eat back the calories lost through exercise
    9) Don't count calories but still gaining weight
    10) Can't stop eating but not losing weight

Just for starters.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

2) Bump

Just for starters.

I'm new to forums...as in, been here for less than a week, and this already irks me :)
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Stop judging! You are so mean and must have a horrible life because you are judging someone you barely know! (Obviously not realizing that they are now the ones judging)

Fat burn zone - No
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options

2) Bump

Just for starters.

I'm new to forums...as in, been here for less than a week, and this already irks me :)

Bump :smokin:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Rants like "I hate people who......"

- Continue to eat crap and cry when they don't lose weight
    - Log house cleaning as exercise
    - Can't count to 20, even when using their toes
    - Can't figure out when to use 'lose' or 'loose'
    - Don't understand ME and MY needs (it's all about me, after all)
    - Think trolls aren't people, too

Grammatically dry-humping the English language with the word "loose," when they clearly mean "lose," makes me want to kick puppies.
    Puppies are cute.

SAVE THE PUPPIES!!! Use proper grammar.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Stop judging! You are so mean and must have a horrible life because you are judging someone you barely know! (Obviously not realizing that they are now the ones judging)

Fat burn zone - No

My fat burn zone is over a crackling campfire when I put a juice pork tenderloin on the grill and the fat BURNS. BURN FAT, BURN!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Two words... Thigh gap :angry:
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Also, if you weigh 100 pounds more than me, I don't want your advice or opinion. Nothing personal. I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic who can't drive and I won't go to a male gyno.

what if said person has already lost a substantial amount of weight? like if someone needs to go from 400lbs to 250lbs, and are only a third of the way through their journey, you wont listen? clearly they are doing something right but because they have lost that weight.

I agree with you, though, to the effect that the fat man/woman at the park who clearly isnt doing anything about weight or doesnt care to lose any, is giving you advice is bull****. as well as the opposite, some twig in the gym not doing anything but some quick cardio and light weight lifting tells you that "oh youve lost 8 lbs already? nice, you should check out the stick your thumb in your butt diet, i hear it works great." seriously?

i guess i just think that someone who is in the middle of a great weight loss journey can be someone to listen to.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Share some of the opinions, cliches, and myths that make you roll your eyes.

People posting in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" section something that clearly belongs in the Chit-Chat section.

People posting about "dumb@ss" things people say when those are genuine questions for people new to fitness.

I feel the same way about narrow-minded diatribes employed to engage forums expressing opinions as fact, while the author selectively garners sections of posts in an effort to display their lack of understanding of the actual topic at hand, only to exacerbate their personal modus operandi.

Next.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    how about:

- I meticulously log everything all the time, so I KNOW that I am doing everything right... but I haven't lost weight in 6 months.

- I've been dieting for a week and have only lost 3 lbs. Is that normal to be losing so slow?

- How do you all actually eat over 1500 calories? I get completely stuffed and can't eat any more (pay no attention that I am 300 lbs and have eated 3500+ calories per day for the last 5 years)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I never want to hear the words Starvation Mode ever again. Seriously. Go ask the kids in the Feed the Children commercials their opinion on starvation mode.

Also, if you weigh 100 pounds more than me, I don't want your advice or opinion. Nothing personal. I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic who can't drive and I won't go to a male gyno.

And has anyone else noticed how ABSOLUTELY BUTT HURT people get around here? It's like some people have replaced compulsive eating with compulsive whining, crying, and arguing with strangers on the internet.

Then there are the people who ask with help about diet or exercise, but then proceed to tell you about all the food they don't like and won't eat, and give you 50 BS reasons why they just can't work out. Ever. At all. Drives me absolutely bat$hit insane...

(I needed that rant I guess, thanks OP)

Love and agree with this!

For myself:

OMG! I just started weightlifting 2 seconds ago and I weigh more today?! Have I already gained X amount of muscle ?
    Vice versa-Those people who tell them they've gained muscle, yet they're eating next to nothing.
    I want to tone up, but I don't want muscles.
    The muscle weighs more than fat debate.
    I'm full at 500 cals a day and I'm healthy.
    Someone who is battling an ED giving me, a person that's maintaining at 2000+ cals a day, advice on how to eat.

I have more but then I'm just sounding mean.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    how about:

- I meticulously log everything all the time, so I KNOW that I am doing everything right... but I haven't lost weight in 6 months.

- I've been dieting for a week and have only lost 3 lbs. Is that normal to be losing so slow?

- How do you all actually eat over 1500 calories? I get completely stuffed and can't eat any more (pay no attention that I am 300 lbs and have eated 3500+ calories per day for the last 5 years)

looks like you lost a Sh**ton of weight to me! congrats
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    oh, and

"should I log ___________"
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I never want to hear the words Starvation Mode ever again. Seriously. Go ask the kids in the Feed the Children commercials their opinion on starvation mode.

And has anyone else noticed how ABSOLUTELY BUTT HURT people get around here? It's like some people have replaced compulsive eating with compulsive whining, crying, and arguing with strangers on the internet.

Then there are the people who ask with help about diet or exercise, but then proceed to tell you about all the food they don't like and won't eat, and give you 50 BS reasons why they just can't work out. Ever. At all. Drives me absolutely bat$hit insane...

(I needed that rant I guess, thanks OP)

im seriously butthurt caus ive done to many squats :indifferent:
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    how about:

looks like you lost a Sh**ton of weight to me! congrats

Thanks. ~15 more to go!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about narrow-minded diatribes employed to engage forums expressing opinions as fact

Agreed.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Love the arguments about what counts as water intake! Seriously...
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options

Fat burn zone - No

My fat burn zone is over a crackling campfire when I put a juice pork tenderloin on the grill and the fat BURNS. BURN FAT, BURN!

^ YES!! I'm coming to your cook out!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The negative posts about hating people that rant. Isn't that a rant in itself?

Yep! That.
This discussion has been closed.