The Dumb@ss Things People Say...

Options

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

- How do you all actually eat over 1500 calories? I get completely stuffed and can't eat any more (pay no attention that I am 300 lbs and have eated 3500+ calories per day for the last 5 years)

I LOVE THAT! Sometimes I actually think that to myself... "omg how I can I eat 300 calories more???" Then I giggle and remember how fat I am and how I got here. Then I eat my 300 calories like a good dieter.

I think most of the time they are just confused about "healthy" and "low calorie" and that they are not the same thing.
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options

- I've been dieting for a week and have only lost 3 lbs. Is that normal to be losing so slow?

this irks me to no end. people who lost 3 pounds the first week, 2 pounds the second, and 2 pound the third, yet youre upset you only lost one pound the 4th week... how can you be upset at an average of 2 lbs lost a week? i dont get it.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Love the arguments about what counts as water intake! Seriously...

What is this "water" of which you speak?
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I find it irritating when people go through their FL late at night and just put 'wtg' or 'good diary' on everyone's page.... even the people's pages who have private diaries. If you're not really looking and not going to lend a critical eye then just arbitrarily congratulate me on sticking with MFP... not something that you don't even know!

I used to get a lot of this and had to clear my FL out a bit. If I go over my cals, eat a bunch of processed junk, don't log my water intake (or even worse don't drink anything for most of the day), sit on my butt and shirk off my regular exercise routine, please don't tell me WAY TO GO unless you mean "girl, you've got a ways to go to get back on track". I want to learn from my mistakes, not be one of the millions that gets a pat on the back for doing a crappy job. Please don't reinforce my bad behavior!!!!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I just read about this new magic pill that will make you skinny without ever having to change what you eat or exercise....
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I know this isnt what they say, but its all the pic quoting, especially when there are about 4/5 pics, and you have to keep scrolling down and down to just go past those!!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options

- I've been dieting for a week and have only lost 3 lbs. Is that normal to be losing so slow?

this irks me to no end. people who lost 3 pounds the first week, 2 pounds the second, and 2 pound the third, yet youre upset you only lost one pound the 4th week... how can you be upset at an average of 2 lbs lost a week? i dont get it.

really ONLY lost 3 pounds in one week really???:huh:
  • gchutson
    Options
    I just read about this new magic pill that will make you skinny without ever having to change what you eat or exercise....

It makes your penis larger too.
  • VoodooLuLu
    Options

does it make boobage grow also??? :blushing:
  • 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options

its ridiculous! then they say "i mean, i knowwww that it was water/poop/urine/air weight that i lost, and i only have my profile set to lose half a pound a week, and i know this is a marathon not a sprint. blah blah blah" :facepalm:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options

bahaha..
    better watch out for the side effects...
  • VoodooLuLu
    Options

its ridiculous! then they say "i mean, i knowwww that it was water/poop/urine/air weight that i lost, and i only have my profile set to lose half a pound a week, and i know this is a marathon not a sprint. blah blah blah" :facepalm:

smh right!
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    "What is water weight gain?" - a woman asked this. How does she not know this? Really??
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Two words... Thigh gap :angry:

LOL! I saw a post about that yesterday and I was standing in the mirror and saw that I don't have the "thigh gap"! I giggled when I thought of how the "Skinny fat" people don't have the "thigh gap" (according to the poster). Um, sorry but I have muscular legs (and proud of them and work them HARD) so I don't, nor will I ever, have the thigh gap unless I stop doing my squats, lunges and all my other leg work and get spindly little bitty legs which is never going to happen.
  • gchutson
    Options
    "What is water weight gain?" - a woman asked this. How does she not know this? Really??

I feel so bloated after reading that.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options

- How do you all actually eat over 1500 calories? I get completely stuffed and can't eat any more (pay no attention that I am 300 lbs and have eated 3500+ calories per day for the last 5 years)

I LOVE THAT! Sometimes I actually think that to myself... "omg how I can I eat 300 calories more???" Then I giggle and remember how fat I am and how I got here. Then I eat my 300 calories like a good dieter.

I think most of the time they are just confused about "healthy" and "low calorie" and that they are not the same thing.

or they are GROSSLY underestimating their portions.

Side note - did I really post "eated 3500+"?!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    "I want to tone up"

I was someone who said this...now I understand. Thank you to all the people who explained it to me without making me feel like an idiot

Ya I did that too, learned after the fact that it was an incorrect term.
  • gchutson
    Options

LOL! I saw a post about that yesterday and I was standing in the mirror and saw that I don't have the "thigh gap"! I giggled when I thought of how the "Skinny fat" people don't have the "thigh gap" (according to the poster). Um, sorry but I have muscular legs (and proud of them and work them HARD) so I don't, nor will I ever, have the thigh gap unless I stop doing my squats, lunges and all my other leg work and get spindly little bitty legs which is never going to happen.

I guess I'm just old. A girl having "thigh gap" meant something completely different when I was a young lad.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options

Also, if you weigh 100 pounds more than me, I don't want your advice or opinion. Nothing personal. I wouldn't take my car to a mechanic who can't drive and I won't go to a male gyno.

what if said person has already lost a substantial amount of weight? like if someone needs to go from 400lbs to 250lbs, and are only a third of the way through their journey, you wont listen? clearly they are doing something right but because they have lost that weight.

I agree with you, though, to the effect that the fat man/woman at the park who clearly isnt doing anything about weight or doesnt care to lose any, is giving you advice is bull****. as well as the opposite, some twig in the gym not doing anything but some quick cardio and light weight lifting tells you that "oh youve lost 8 lbs already? nice, you should check out the stick your thumb in your butt diet, i hear it works great." seriously?

i guess i just think that someone who is in the middle of a great weight loss journey can be someone to listen to.

I guess I cant see what you're saying, but for me, I've never been 100 pounds overweight. There's a different dynamic to losing a 100 pounds and losing 35 pounds. In the interest of fairness, to someone else I suppose they could offer great and relevant advice, if they were in fact, as you pointed out, in the middle of a massive loss.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

I guess I'm just old. A girl having "thigh gap" meant something completely different when I was a young lad.

Ahh. The 3 finger gap?
This discussion has been closed.