Trim for Turkey Day October page!

Options

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: I GAVE INTO ALL THE HALLOWEEN TREATS, DRINKS AND FOOD.... O BOY!!! i hope working hard this week burns off all those calories i ate yesterday!!!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: I GAVE INTO ALL THE HALLOWEEN TREATS, DRINKS AND FOOD.... O BOY!!! i hope working hard this week burns off all those calories i ate yesterday!!!

It is a new week. I try really hard not to beat myself up when this happens and immediately start thinking forward. Otherwise, I can get into a 'shame spiral.' Oh, and I've had some legendary shame spirals :laugh:

How is everyone else doing? Just a few weeks until TD!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I can't believe we are getting so close to Turkey day!!!! where did the time go??? I was wondering is this group going to get going after Turkey day and make a new goal for Christmas???? I would love to keep the challenge going until Jan 1
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did great over the weekend with the exercising: I burned 670 calories running/walking about 4 miles on Sat and I did 45 minutes of pilates on Sun (I was too sore from the running to do any cardio on Sun) :wink: but the eating wasn't the best :blushing:

I made some chili and eat about 1 cup of it on the first night (good) but then made it into a nacho/dip on the second night with chips and sour cream! It was really good but that was over 400 calories and I already had lunch and I didn't cut back on dinner and I had a small dessert! :blushing:

On the good news: I had to wear a belt with my regular pair of jeans on Sat and my hubbie said my stomach is getting smaller AND a co worker stopped me this morning to ask if I've been losing weight! It's so awesome when someone notices!!!

I'm with TAMMIETIFANIE, I would love to continue with this group for a Christmas goal. This group is the most accountable group I am a part of it! The others are good but I really appreciate the support and openness of this group! With you guys, I know I will lose the rest of my 13 lbs!!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I am so grateful to all of you who keep posting and encouraging all of us to keep on. Continuing until Christmas is a great idea. I am close to my goal, but getting there is only half the battle. i don't want to turn into a roly poly snowgirl in January because I let up on my good habits
    Barbie:heart:
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good Halloween. I did not do to well with eating or exercising for the last couple of days and I know the scale is sure to show on Thursday. I would love to keep up with the challenge through Christmas. It's so hard to keep up the motivation through the holidays.
  • jlbay
    Options
    I agree - I would like the group to continue - how about a New Year's day goal instead of Christmas?? That should get us through leftovers and parties, etc.! I think this group could really help me stay focused through the holiday months.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I say we Make a goal to be 10lbs less by 2010 and on Jan 1st we weigh in and celebrate how far we have all come.. Jan 1st is my sons birthday and he turns 10 so i want to lose 10 lbs by 2010 and by the time my son turns 10.... WHO'S WANT TO JOIN ME!!!!!
  • akgrant
    Options
    I'm ok with the 10 lbs by Jan 1 but are we going to still do the weekly weigh in? Without that, it would be too easy for me to fall behind!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I think we should keep going with different challenge to help us get to a 10 lbs lost by jan 1 and yes without the weigh ins i wouldn't be able to make it.... i need to do my weigh ins :bigsmile:
  • Lisadaniel
    Lisadaniel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think 5 lbs by January 1 would be ambitious enough for me. Can we set our own goals like we did for this one?

I was proud of myself for only having two Butterfingers fun sizes on Halloween and that was IT.

I am SO hungry today . . . but I really want to be down for weigh-in day. Where's the smiley face for "starving"???
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I like the weekly weigh in and the challenges.......I'm still floundering with the crunches but I'm glad to be doing them. The water seems to be natural to me and not so much of a challenge. I don't remember what our other challenges were.

Maybe we could start a new challenge on Thursday when we weigh in. :laugh:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I wasn't sure if anyone else besides my self deals with going over their sugar intake due to sweets so i was thinking if others have the same issue maybe we can do a challenge where you don't eat any sugar for three days out of the week unless it's natural sugar from fruits and veggies but no processes sugars at all for three days.. Just a thought.. :smile:

I really don't wanna weigh in tomorrow i haven't been eating healthy at all and i know it's going to show!!! Im drinking plenty of water today and working out hoping for a good number on the scale tomorrow
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if anyone else besides my self deals with going over their sugar intake due to sweets so i was thinking if others have the same issue maybe we can do a challenge where you don't eat any sugar for three days out of the week unless it's natural sugar from fruits and veggies but no processes sugars at all for three days.. Just a thought.. :smile:

I really don't wanna weigh in tomorrow i haven't been eating healthy at all and i know it's going to show!!! Im drinking plenty of water today and working out hoping for a good number on the scale tomorrow

I am sure you will do fine at the weigh in. Try to be positive. :bigsmile: I am nervous though too. :ohwell: I wish I would hurry up and get into the 140's it's driving me crazy but I know it's my own fault that I am not there yet. I think weekends are the worst for me. About the no sugar sounds like a good idea to me. I'm always over on my sugar. I think for me it would be easier to do no sweets for a week though. I'm not to picky though what's everyone else thinking?
  • jlbay
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad everyone wants to keep going. There are five weeks between Thanksgiving(our current goal) and New Year's day. Considering the holiday season - it might be my goal simply to MAINTAIN the weight loss I have. I'm really getting nervous about the holidays. I've worked so hard!! - I just can't go backwards anymore!

I'm also all for more challenges - I like the sugar idea. Maybe we can do a "weekend eating" challenge one weekend - since it seems most of us struggle on the weekends. The coming weekends will start to become a minefield. Here in England, the run up to Christmas has endless holiday parties in pubs with rich food and alcohol. :noway:
  • jlbay
    Options
    -1 lb. Not very dramatic, as I had hoped, but I have TOM and it is a steady weight loss. 3 weeks left and 5 lbs to my goal weight. I doubt I'll make it, but I still hope to get close. Bummer. I really wanted to make this goal.

Good luck everyone!

08/27/09 - 168.5 (starting)
    09/03/09 - 165.5 (-3 lbs)
    09/10/09 - 165.5 (-0-)
    09/17/09 - 165.0 (-.5 lbs)
    09/24/09 - 162.5 (-2.5 lbs)
    10/01/09 - 162.5 (-0-)
    10/08/09 - 164.0 (+1.5 lbs)
    10/15/09 - 160.0 (-4.0 lbs)
    10/22/09 - 159.5 (-.5 lbs)
    10/29/09 - 158.5 (-1.0 lbs)
    11/05/09 - 157.5 (-1.0 lbs)
    11/12/09
    11/19/09
    11/26/09 - Thanksgiving

TD Goal weight - 152
    Final Goal weight - 135
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    up .5lbs, but with thanksgiving, im not really complaining. at this point, i would love to just be under 145 by thanksgiving.

im all for the new years challenge too! i would probably set a 5lb loss goal at most because its the holidays. ugh.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Down 1 lb.! I finally made into the 160s!!! :bigsmile:
    Last week 170
    Today 169!!!
    :drinker:
  • akgrant
    Options
    YAY! SKYWALKER!!! I know how good it feels to get into the 160s!! Great job!!!

I'm down 1 lb this week! Slow and steady and lost 10 lbs already! This is so awesome!
    I'm adjusting my goals for the Jan 1 goal, this is what I'm looking at:

Start weight: 167
    Current weight: 157
    TD goal: 154
    1/1 goal: 149 (5 weeks=1 lb p/w)
    Ultimate goal (2/1): 145

I'm for the sugar challenge! How do you guys feel about checking in on the weekend to share how we are eating/working out since we all struggle with the weekends. This might keep us on our toes knowing we are "reporting in"? :laugh: Just a thought!

On a separate note. I have to have shoulder surgery on Dec 3. I plan to stick to the 1200 calorie diet but was wondering do you guys think I can still manage to lost a 1lb a week without any exercise??:ohwell:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Starting weight 168

My current weight is 155 ( lost 1lbs from last weigh in )

Goal weight for Turkey day: 144

My over all goal weight is 130

11 lbs to go until i meet my Turkey day ! Time to work harder and drink more water !!!! :bigsmile: