Why are you fat???

Options

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Drinking, eating take aways, too littel excercise! Not giving a **** enough to do something about it! - NOT ANYMORE!
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I got fat because I wanted to be ugly, I was 12 at the time, and after awhile it became a habit to eat whenever.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple... Because I ate too damn much! Poor decisions, I didn't care. Because of my own bad eating habit... Not anymore though! Eating habits have changed, my body is following those changes!!
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Options
    No excuse other than I ate a lot of junk and didn't exercise... plain and simple
  • kenny_johnson
    kenny_johnson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think you could say I just stopped caring and/or in denial. I knew I was eating too much. I knew I was inactive. I just didn't seem to care. I've struggled with weight since I was a pre-teen/teenager. But when I hit about 22, I just started putting on lots of weight. I managed to lose about 50 pounds before I got married, but after the wedding I went back to eating whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted -- and that was a lot of extra calories. I ended up gaining the 50 pounds back plus another 73 pounds.

Being conscious of my calorie intake has been REALLY helpful. I honestly think I wouldn't be as successful as I've been if it weren't for MFP. Unfortunately, I'll probably need to stick to logging my foods for quite awhile even after I've hit my goal.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I couldn't quit drinking beer....:drinker: I'm a real winner!
  • lacrimosia
    lacrimosia Posts: 39
    Options
    I think the main reason why I gained all this weight was to cope with society. I grew up fat and as a child, I had always been fat. So I thought it was normal at first because I had never been a thin woman. However, the weight shields me from society. I have a love/hate relationship with my weight. I loved how people ignored me and how men ignored me, but at the same time I wanted to be seen as beautiful and have boyfriends and stuff. I also had two eating disorders, and bad body image and depression.

Since I was so depressed and unhappy, I ate and didnt care really. A lot of bad situations happened in my life and I used food to cope with it. I was in depression for about 3 years and I had severe anxiety disorders, so I had a lot of mental problems. I also was battling bulimia and binge eating disorder. It was really hard to tackle those issues, but they are more in control these days.

I knew it was time to change when I looked at a picture of myself and I realized that I didnt recognize the person in those pictures. It was as if my whole body didnt match my mentality. So I knew that if I was gonna be truly happy and get the things I want out of life that I would have to lose all the weight that has held me back for so long.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    O, let's see. After high school (superfit, but stocky...I guess is what you would call my build then), I went on to college and stopped exercising...I am a nerd and studied a LOT. Went on to grad school and continued to gain. Started LA Weightloss in 2003 and lost 80 pounds in aout 6 months. Stayed at about 175-180 for a couple years until in 2006 I had a miscarriage. This lead to major league depression and the dr put me on Lexapro. Got pregnant in August 2006 and Dr kept me on Lexapro. I gained about 10 pounds a month from the day I started Lexapro until my son was born in April 2007. Lost a little weight on maternity leave, but the dr did not want me to exercise until after I went back to work. High stress job and long hours at a desk put the weight back on. (High was 292). Lost my job in 2010...another bout of major depression. Then got a terrible job in late 2010, which I left in early 2012. Now waiting for a wonderful job to come along (in other words I now have some time on my hands and can exercise. Have to focus every day, but I am gonna kick these extra pounds to the curb! Long story short, if you have depression, don't just try to medicate it...talk to someone who is trained to help you. Too many drs just push the F'ing pills these days! Sometimes they are needed, but fixing the underlying issue is MUCH BETTER...everything else is just treating symptoms.
  • missemily1124
    Options
    I went on anti-depressants that really packed on the pounds. Between the ages of 13 and 17 I gained 50 pounds. I also was very lazy and never exercised, plus I ate, and ate and ate! Now I've lost 45 pounds and am almost back to my weight before high school! Woohoo.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    I'm not lazy, so that's not why...I've always been active...lol...I'm fat from years of horrible eating habits that no amount of cardio or weight lifting could ever fix...I'm a southern girl...I love fried chicken, bicsuits and my sweet tea. I've become a vegetarian and now love fresh fruits and vegetables and I feel amazing...Seriously, a good diet is the best medicine. i rarely get sick or feel sluggish anymore.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hey if I ever need an excuse I know which topic to come to :)

Your overweight because you consumed to much and burned to little!

THIS!

Ditto.

I could use my injury as an excuse but realistically I could have still gone swimming or done something non-impact but I didn't.

Plus I wasn't short of knowledge in terms of what to eat or what not to eat, so....

I'm fat because I ate too much, made bad food choices and didn't train. Simple.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    by drinking too much wine and then having the drunk munchies...
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I am fat for a lot of reasons. I have a hormonal imbalance with an insulin resistance, so I get hungry faster after eating, I crave carbohydrates and the weight all centers in my center. I also eat too much. I love food. I love pretty much all food. I have not come across any food that I do not like. Works in my favor with veggies, not so much with pastas and cakes. I am also kinda lazy. I do housework, work work, and mommy work, but dont take the time for work out work.

Just saw how much you've lost on your ticker and wanted to say OMG - GREAT JOB!!!!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    Funny thing is, I used to be very thin, friends and family believed I had been hiding an eating disorder.
    But around the end of high school I became very depressed, and progressively less active. I only recently went to the doctors to find out I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is surprising to me because I apparently have a swollen thyroid, which you can feel with you fingers; and I didn't even know it was there!!

I've been put on medication called Synthroid, but I still see very little change in much at all let alone weight loss. Even though I make a effort at being active and eating very healthy. But I'm determined to get rid of it, I'll just have to work harder.
    :)
  • annadunn12
    annadunn12 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am fat for a lot of reasons. I have a hormonal imbalance with an insulin resistance, so I get hungry faster after eating, I crave carbohydrates and the weight all centers in my center. I also eat too much. I love food. I love pretty much all food. I have not come across any food that I do not like. Works in my favor with veggies, not so much with pastas and cakes. I am also kinda lazy. I do housework, work work, and mommy work, but dont take the time for work out work.

That is one hell of a weight loss for such a busy person! WTG!!! :-)
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    steroids
  • annadunn12
    annadunn12 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I went on anti-depressants that really packed on the pounds. Between the ages of 13 and 17 I gained 50 pounds. I also was very lazy and never exercised, plus I ate, and ate and ate! Now I've lost 45 pounds and am almost back to my weight before high school! Woohoo.

Well done you!! Nearly there :-) Nothing kills depression like feeling amazing in yourself!
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Desserts.
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Got a husband, got comfortable, two kids back to back, postpartum depression for about 3 years layed in my house in the dark and tried to eat my problems away. I woke up one day and said what am I doing??!!! Now I have finally found a path that works for me :smile:
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    chinese buffets, peanut butter, little debbies, dukes mayo, mcdonalds, and pizza...not necessarily in that order...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!