An important announcement from the White House soon?

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This is to announce that the Obama's will be taking another high-priced vacation at the tax payer's expense.

No, wait, this might be the rudest thing I've read all week.

Amazing how when we had white presidents no one said such grossly disrespectful things regarding the highest seat in our country.

Oh yeah. No one ever said disrespectful things about Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Clinton OR EITHER of the Bushes!!! Please. But thanks for making this an issue of race! :grumble: :noway:

I don't feel like I have to respect the man just because he is the president. That doesn't mean he is doing anything in MY best interests...

Isn't this the crux of everyone's issues anyway? MY best interests, as opposed to OUR best interests?
    No, I agree that it's our best interests that he should look out for. But since the respect thing was MY opinion and not OUR opinion I kept it limited to myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    What America doesn't get is that ALL politicians HAVE money, want to keep it or make more anyway they can are really don't give a rats *kitten* about whether common people suffer for it or not.
    Really all we vote for is the person or administration that would do the least harm to our own welfare. That's what it all boils down to.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Mamarrycos
    Mamarrycos Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS...

Obama administration to stop deporting some young people who came to U.S. as children of illegal immigrants.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    man everyone is so crabby today...lol
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Obama will finally announce he is way in over his head and resign. :bigsmile:
    Oh please, please, please, let it be this! Although it's more likely that Meeshelle found another food she likes but we shouldn't be allowed to have.

bahaha :love:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    A ban on political topics is common on most forums, MFP included.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Good! I hate political discussions, they brew up so much hatred and divide everyone up even more than we already are. :(
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is to announce that the Obama's will be taking another high-priced vacation at the tax payer's expense.

Amazing how when we had white presidents no one said such grossly disrespectful things regarding the highest seat in our country.

Oh yeah. No one ever said disrespectful things about Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Clinton OR EITHER of the Bushes!!! Please. But thanks for making this an issue of race! :grumble: :noway:

I don't feel like I have to respect the man just because he is the president. That doesn't mean he is doing anything in MY best interests...

Isn't this the crux of everyone's issues anyway? MY best interests, as opposed to OUR best interests?
    EXACTLY!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This is a koala.

Funny+Koala2.jpg

are you quite sure it is ? :laugh:

Well, I don't have any firsthand experience, but the media told me it was a koala, so I must be qualified to discuss his choices.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    lol that this person asked a simple question about what the announcement is going to be and the first comment is someone slinging s*** at Obama.

monkey.jpg
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I suspect we are in the mess we're in because of decades of overspending by both Democrats and Republicans. It is not just Bush's fault, just like it is not just Obama's fault..........it is EVERY politician who enjoys spending our tax dollars on whatever they feel like spending it on - and believe it or not, it's NOT US they are spending their money on.

Well, it actually is the Bush Administration's fault...... when he took office Clinton had us out of debt. We were in the black.

Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.

http://factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-and-deficit-under-clinton/

Not gonna lie, aside from the whole cheating on Hill-Dawg thing (which, I mean, don't most politicians cheat on their wives? I thought that was like a requirement), Clinton was a pretty sweet Prez.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    talking politics on forums is never a good idea. Too many feelings hurt. Keep it to less emotional issues like.. religion. There's so many religions today; you could be Buddhist, or Islamist, and some even worship sports teams. I know a guy that worships the Chicago Cubs, he's a Masochist.
    Lol so true!! I'm not a Cubs fan but I do hope they get their win sooner rather than later. Just want to add atheists to your list too. Don't forget us! We're the ones you want as neighbors, no prosteletyzing or doing "good deeds" just to get in with our diety we're just decent humans because we think we should be (not because some Daddy-Mommy god is going to smite us) and we are not going to eff you over because this is our only life. :)
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    r1hr91.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gdkids6
    gdkids6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    In response to OP - I believe this is the news she was referring to:

Last edited Fri Jun 15, 2012, 09:50 AM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    from ThinkProgress: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/15/500227/obama-to-protect-undocumented-students/

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:26 am

President Obama will announce a new immigration policy this morning that will allow some undocumented students to avoid deportation and receive work authorization.

Under the president’s “deferred action” executive order, students in the U.S. who are already in deportation proceedings or those who qualify for the DREAM Act and have yet to come forward to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials, will not be deported and will be allowed to work in the United States.

An estimated 1 million young people could benefit from the deferral. To be eligible, applicants have to be between 15 and 30 years old, live in the U.S. for five years, and maintain continuous U.S. residency. People who have one felony, one serious misdemeanor, or three minor misdemeanors will be ineligible to apply. “Deferred action” will last for two years and can be renewed.

Obama is expected to speak about this new policy later today.

Obama’s announcement will create a smart policy to help protect young adults at risk of deportation who have spent years establishing their homes in the United States while boosting the U.S. economy.

read: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/15/500227/obama-to-protect-undocumented-students/
    It's awesome. Allow illegals to work and go to school when AMERICAN CITIZENS struggle to achieve these things! :noway:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Where the heck were you for 8 years? :laugh: He was ragged on every second of every day, and rightly so.

I don't like either of em :D
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is a koala.

Funny+Koala2.jpg

This is my favorite post of all posts including my own.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    WTF is wrong with you people? The OP asked a simple question, and she deserved a simple answer. Keep your nasty comments to yourself.

"WTF is wrong with you people?" <
    Sorta like this one?

What do you mean by YOU people?
    ^^^^^ to funny made me think of the movie tropic thunder, you made my day
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, aside from the whole cheating on Hill-Dawg thing (which, I mean, don't most politicians cheat on their wives? I thought that was like a requirement), Clinton was a pretty sweet Prez.

^^^^this
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    In response to OP - I believe this is the news she was referring to:

Last edited Fri Jun 15, 2012, 09:50 AM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    from ThinkProgress: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/15/500227/obama-to-protect-undocumented-students/

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:26 am

President Obama will announce a new immigration policy this morning that will allow some undocumented students to avoid deportation and receive work authorization.

Under the president’s “deferred action” executive order, students in the U.S. who are already in deportation proceedings or those who qualify for the DREAM Act and have yet to come forward to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials, will not be deported and will be allowed to work in the United States.

An estimated 1 million young people could benefit from the deferral. To be eligible, applicants have to be between 15 and 30 years old, live in the U.S. for five years, and maintain continuous U.S. residency. People who have one felony, one serious misdemeanor, or three minor misdemeanors will be ineligible to apply. “Deferred action” will last for two years and can be renewed.

Obama is expected to speak about this new policy later today.

Obama’s announcement will create a smart policy to help protect young adults at risk of deportation who have spent years establishing their homes in the United States while boosting the U.S. economy.

read: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/15/500227/obama-to-protect-undocumented-students/

This is great news. Thanks :)
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    This is a koala.

Funny+Koala2.jpg

are you quite sure it is ? :laugh:

Well, I don't have any firsthand experience, but the media told me it was a koala, so I must be qualified to discuss his choices.
    :bigsmile:
    Ahhh so it must be true then
This discussion has been closed.