Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options
Mine biggest surprise were Buffalo Wings. I mean I knew they weren't healthy but had no idea how high calorie they are esp. when you add the blue cheese dressing. What foods surprised you?

Replies

• htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Mine was pasta. I never realized how many calories were in just 1 serving and I had been eating a lot more than 1.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    kraft mac n cheese.

I knew it was bad, but I didn't know HOW bad it really was.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Some whole wheat bread. I was shocked!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    kraft mac n cheese.

I knew it was bad, but I didn't know HOW bad it really was.

THIS and any mac and cheese... :sad:
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a custom sando from a local place. Thought I did really well - sourdough bread, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, lettuce, dijon mustard, lean smoked turkey. Everything is local and organic... logged it and it's over 500 calories! Wowzers!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Great thread - I had a real eye opener to a lot of things:

- Orange Juice - wow loaded with calories and sugar
    - Cheese - had no idea how many calories were in just one ounce of Cheese
    - Peanut Butter and Nutella - nut based and fairly healthy, but again - I had no idea how many calories were in just one TBSP of these - I used to habitually eat one or two TBSP of these just walking by the kitchen...
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I had some high quality deli turkey breast yesterday - calories ok, but I was shocked at the sodium!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Pasta, pizza, bagels. I knew they'd be high, but not THAT high.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Campbell Chunky soups...the sodium is like about 1100 a can...crazy but oh so good
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ribs!! how can something with so little meat have so many dang calories?
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese from a restaurant (this happened to me yesterday). Oh and the mini burgers at Chili's. You wouldn't believe how bad those are!!!
  • Franzibear
    Franzibear Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    - Juice in general (so many calories for something we don't even consider 'food').
    - Rice
    - Pasta (I knew it was not a 'light' food, but it's quite a lot more heavy than I thought)
    - Ground beef

Not that these are bad, just high in calories if you consider the volume..
  • jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    All fast food.......calories aren't terrible but fat and sodium content are off the charts.

I used to eat the baja salad at Wendy's thinking I was doing good......540 calories, 32 Grams of fat.....15 saturated and 1600 g sodium.....without any dressing. With the dressing I would be over my daily sodium intake with just a salad at lunch.
  • Lucie_L00
    Lucie_L00 Posts: 53
    Options
    avocado,,,,,god,,i almost fell off my chair,,haha loggon like a coffee, a bagel and an avocado,,well,,, that shocked me big time,,lol
  • jdhalberg72
    Options
    I couldn't figure out where all my sugar was coming from...turns out my organic lowfat yogurt had 98% of my sugar goal for the entire day!
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ribs!! how can something with so little meat have so many dang calories?
    Does not matter.....BBQ Ribs are sacred. Any calories from ribs I HAPPILY run off :)
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    Those little Cadberry eggs they sell at Easter. I bought one and ate it thinking it prolly had like 50 - 70 calories. 170 CALORIES in one of those tiny things!
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Some whole wheat bread. I was shocked!

I'm with you on this one! A single slice is usually at or near 100 calories...crazy!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    All fast food.......calories aren't terrible but fat and sodium content are off the charts.

I used to eat the baja salad at Wendy's thinking I was doing good......540 calories, 32 Grams of fat.....15 saturated and 1600 g sodium.....without any dressing. With the dressing I would be over my daily sodium intake with just a salad at lunch.

That is just mind blowing and a perfect example of why we have so many health problems in this country - because they can market this crap as healthy alternatives - what BS
  • korinastern
    Options
    heat and eat vegitarian organic lentils, the sodium was terrible ill make my own from now on