Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me sad, because people are talking about food like fruits, vegtables (like avocados), and whole grain bread, in a bad way. like these are foods to avoid.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    this thread makes me sad, because people are talking about food like fruits, vegtables (like avocados), and whole grain bread, in a bad way. like these are foods to avoid.
    Agreed.
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this little *gem* last night: Zaxby's Asian Zensation salad? 1115 calories...OH. EM. GEE. Seriously???? Of course, the website lists 400 calories in dressing alone and I can gladly lose the sketchy eggroll, but people (who obviously don't use MFP) think they are eating healthy when ordering a salad! You could eat three cheeseburgers from McNasty's for only 900 calories!
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mine was muffins... boy do i like me some Dunkin Donuts or Costco muffin with a cup of coffee! But when I added it on MFP i almost fell off my chair!!!!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    MIcrowave popcorn.

It doesn't help that the nutrition label includes 'unpopped' and 'popped' nutrition info. Who the hell is going to eat that stuff unpopped??
  • sevesmith
    sevesmith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Logged a PB&J 600 calories. Went to Jimmy Johns with a friend we both had Beach Club. I chose lettuce wrap with no mayo. Her's was around 800 calories. Mine dropped to 300!!!
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at pecan halves. BUT, I also realize these are not bad calories. Much better for me then a candy bar. Still surprised just the same though.
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Movie Theatre Popcorn - 1,600 calories in a large!
  • plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    sesame oil..eek!
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Salsa! Crazy sodium in just one serving, which is only 2 tablespoons. I can balance 2 tablespoons on one chip!

Is that prepared or fresh? We whip up some pickled, jalapeno, onion, garlic, and canned diced tomato in a food processor and can eat a LOT! Takes a whole 2 minutes to make.

The canned tomatoes are what gets you, swap 'em out for fresh
  • KelliA0628
    KelliA0628 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Logged a PB&J 600 calories. Went to Jimmy Johns with a friend we both had Beach Club. I chose lettuce wrap with no mayo. Her's was around 800 calories. Mine dropped to 300!!!

My PB&J is around 200 calories. 1 tablespoon of Jif Creamy, 1 tablespoon Welch's grape jelly and 2 slices Heiner's 35 Calorie Hearty Wheat Bread.
  • TheSlimWithin
    Options
    Chicken kievs and cheese. It was actually kind of heartbreaking. I knew cheese wasn't good in massive portions anyway, but the calories and fat are still pretty up ^ there even in small portions. And there's huge numbers of fat in some kievs, at least the ones I used to buy, phew!
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK
    JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Granola I will need to give this to my dad much too much sugar and super high in calories.
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    EVERYTHING!! lol. jk... but really... most of the things i eat... when u actually look at what ur eating, its so much higher in cal than u wanna believe... like eggs.. or bread... simple things u think are generally healthy. i got in the habit of preplanning my food to see whether or not it was worth eating
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Tartar sauce and Jager.

:sad: Wow...I just looked up HOW bad Jäger is. 103 calories in ONE shot?
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this little *gem* last night: Zaxby's Asian Zensation salad? 1115 calories...OH. EM. GEE. Seriously???? Of course, the website lists 400 calories in dressing alone and I can gladly lose the sketchy eggroll, but people (who obviously don't use MFP) think they are eating healthy when ordering a salad! You could eat three cheeseburgers from McNasty's for only 900 calories!

^^^^ This! I have friends that order salads... yes, there are leafy greens in it, but they add the cheese, bacon, nuts, raising... etc... and you have yourself a 900 calorie salad!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Trail mix and salads from a restaurant