Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Chipotle salad dressing! More calories than the whole salad!
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My husband couldn't believe how much sugar was in milk.... He didn't understand why I cut way back on straight up glasses of milk until he saw the details.
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    I would agree with some of these posts for sure! I was shocked at how much sodium even fat free cottage cheese has!! And also my favorite brand of chicken breasts - one has 960 mg of sodium! Wow! Eye opener for me for sure.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    MIcrowave popcorn.

It doesn't help that the nutrition label includes 'unpopped' and 'popped' nutrition info. Who the hell is going to eat that stuff unpopped??

LOL!!!! So true :) I've often wondered why that is on there...although, bottled water has calories and servings listed too!

Have you ever looked at 20oz bottle of diet Mountain Dew? Per serving it has 0 calories, but then there is a little spot where it says there is 10 calories in the whole bottle.

I don't drink it, though, just saw it
  • hungryhungryhypocrite
    hungryhungryhypocrite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    milk. It has a lot more sugar in it than i thought it did. :( I'm a dairy junkie so I'm really having trouble cutting back on it.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Orange Juice. Holy calories!
    Also- CHEESE FRIES. There aint no sugar-coating (or fat coating) that those things are bad for you, but seriously...a Chipotle burrito the way I like it has less calories and its 1000x more filling!!!
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this little *gem* last night: Zaxby's Asian Zensation salad? 1115 calories...OH. EM. GEE. Seriously???? Of course, the website lists 400 calories in dressing alone and I can gladly lose the sketchy eggroll, but people (who obviously don't use MFP) think they are eating healthy when ordering a salad! You could eat three cheeseburgers from McNasty's for only 900 calories!

Never a good idea. Going to a fast food place for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug. The more nutritional info I read for these place the more I realize how my weight has spiraled out of control!

Seriously dying here...prostitute for a hug...good stuff :)
  • shawnabeattie
    Options
    oatmeal....never expected 2 instant packs were 363 calories
  • seamadden
    seamadden Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    carbs - pasta, bread (esp. bagels) etc
    and pizza! the pizzas we get are usually 250 - 300 for one quarter and I used to have a whole pizza for dinner at least once a week... crazy when you think about how many calories you used to have without thinking about it
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The amount of sodium in a 6" subway sub! Also for everyone saying cheese, I buy Kraft Crackerbarrel Marble Cheese Snacks and a portion is around 80 calories, if you can limit.yourself to just one its a great snack :D
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This!!! Who knew it was 400 calories a serving! Also Poptarts (my husband loves them) again 400 calories!

There's marketing for you. Poptarts are advertized as a convenient, happy-making breakfast for kids. They dance, they sing, they lvoe their mommy. No wonder, she served them dessert for breakfast. Why not just give them some chocolate cake?
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the Pho comments I was shocked but should have known something that delicious has to be bad.:frown:
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Avocado and Fruit. :(
  • keeperofaframer
    Options
    A SUBWAY white chocolate macadamia nut cookie!!!! That thing has 223 calories in it!
  • Abbygrlbff
    Abbygrlbff Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mine was rice. I make one of those Knorr packs and was completely floored when I saw how many calories I was about to consume.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    I usually log before I eat, but that prompts me to read nutrition labels (which I never really did before) - and after seeing the info for peanut butter & nutella, nothing shocks me anymore LOL
  • CarlaBro
    CarlaBro Posts: 1
    Options
    Pre-logging is an EXCELLENT Idea, it has stopped me from eating a lot of things after I saw the numbers.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Tartar sauce and Jager.

:sad: Wow...I just looked up HOW bad Jäger is. 103 calories in ONE shot?

I cried as well. Now its just on the rare occasion.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    This!!! Who knew it was 400 calories a serving! Also Poptarts (my husband loves them) again 400 calories!

There's marketing for you. Poptarts are advertized as a convenient, happy-making breakfast for kids. They dance, they sing, they lvoe their mommy. No wonder, she served them dessert for breakfast. Why not just give them some chocolate cake?

I had no idea they still sold those...who gives that stuff to children?
  • packergirl2007
    Options
    avocado,,,,,god,,i almost fell off my chair,,haha loggon like a coffee, a bagel and an avocado,,well,,, that shocked me big time,,lol

AGREED! I was like 270 for one AVOCADO? Holy Mack!