Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• Swizzle65
    Swizzle65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    any dessert from Starbucks.OMG.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I got a box of Ferrero Rocher for my Birthday, I love them...they are tiny..I could eat a whole box in one go...they are 660 calories for 9...SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY CALORIES FOR NINE of the little tasty fabulousnesses

oh yes i LOVE these but only buy the 3 pack
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    avocado,,,,,god,,i almost fell off my chair,,haha loggon like a coffee, a bagel and an avocado,,well,,, that shocked me big time,,lol

Avacados are "good" fats though... definitely a keeper in my diet

Yeah, I eat half an avocado almost every day while staying within my goals. It's the easiest way for me to get enough fat in -- more filling than nuts and doesn't require an accompaniment the way peanut butter does, etc. I hope I never get tired of them!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Great thread - I had a real eye opener to a lot of things:

- Orange Juice - wow loaded with calories and sugar
    - Cheese - had no idea how many calories were in just one ounce of Cheese
    - Peanut Butter and Nutella - nut based and fairly healthy, but again - I had no idea how many calories were in just one TBSP of these - I used to habitually eat one or two TBSP of these just walking by the kitchen...

P.S.
    Nutella is no longer considered healthy.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/04/nutella-after-suit-drops-health-claims/
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Gold Star cheese coneys. =\ I knew they were fast food but had NO IDEA how fast the calories added up - oh and machine cappucinos... I had NO CLUE coffee was so fattening! IT'S COFFEE! no calories, right?!

Machine cappucinos are not coffee. Cappucinos have espresso and milk (calories). If you are getting a flavored capp, it's going to have a LOT of sugar (calories) in it.
  • dnitcher
    dnitcher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Red wine.. this made me very sad for a minute.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Flan - 1 Slice has 620 calories! OMG! I love flan and this co-worker would make it for me so I would eat the whole thing which equaled about 2500 calories.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Restaurant salads in general. You think you're doing the 'right thing' by ordering a salad then find out you'd be better off with a burger
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Walnuts! Everything I read about them says they're so good for you and great to help with diets. But no matter what size serving I plug in, it's always at least 100 calories.

Quesadillas, too. I knew they probably were pretty high, but they're actually one of the highest calorie things you can order in a Mexican restaurant. :cry:
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Fruit and low fat yoghurt - used to make big smoothies practically every day, thinking I was being healthy. WRONG!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Some whole wheat bread. I was shocked!

I'm with you on this one! A single slice is usually at or near 100 calories...crazy!

The kind I buy is 35 per slice and doesn't taste like cardboard, thank goodness.
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    granola, salads from restuarants
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    ALL Restaurant Salads - OMG!!!!
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I had some high quality deli turkey breast yesterday - calories ok, but I was shocked at the sodium!!!
    If it was smoked turkey breast then it generally would be high in sodium. Anything smoked is. Different brands have different sodium levels, just look for the lowest.
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    Coffee creamer and I would use like 5 ouch
    buffalo wings, I thought I was doing good when I used ff ranch, um hello not even a little bit
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Walnuts! Everything I read about them says they're so good for you and great to help with diets. But no matter what size serving I plug in, it's always at least 100 calories.

Quesadillas, too. I knew they probably were pretty high, but they're actually one of the highest calorie things you can order in a Mexican restaurant. :cry:

Make 'em at home. I had one for breakfast and it was only 378 calories. :) and a crap ton of protein. You just have to look around for a good tortilla. I have Santa Fe Tortillas (got them at Sams) and they are low carb and decent fiber, too. BONUS!!
    Added some eggs, black beans, spinach, cheese and I did have sour cream, too. YUMMY!
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    For me it was a shocker to see how much a Dunkin Donuts flavored Iced Coffee was!! 200 calories!! I cant drink that if I want to eat... lol.. apparently, their flavorings have high calories, because I can make iced coffee at home and have a LOT less calories in it with my SF Davinici syrups!! Even better than DD's!
  • dnitcher
    dnitcher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I exercise harder for avocados.... love them...
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Mine biggest surprise were Buffalo Wings. I mean I knew they weren't healthy but had no idea how high calorie they are esp. when you add the blue cheese dressing. What foods surprised you?
    how would that surprise you? They have skin on them, and they are deep fried. They are like one of the most obvious foods that are bad for you.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    For me it was a shocker to see how much a Dunkin Donuts flavored Iced Coffee was!! 200 calories!! I cant drink that if I want to eat... lol.. apparently, their flavorings have high calories, because I can make iced coffee at home and have a LOT less calories in it with my SF Davinici syrups!! Even better than DD's!
    I guess you are referring to the ones they put syrup in for flavoring? Because the French Vanilla and Hazelnut are flavored prior to brewing and add no extra calories.