Most Disgusting Thing You've Found In Your Food?

Options

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I found a chicken claw in my chicken sandwich at mcdonalds. The manager tried to say it was just a bone, but it was CLEARLY a chicken claw.

Holy crap THAT is disgusting.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Not disgusting really, but I bit into a pebble baked into a Flaming Hot Cheeto. It cracked a molar, and I was pregnant so I couldn't have dental work done and had to wait. They, while trying to say that it couldn't have come out of their bag, at least cut me a check for the dental work I later had.

This one is food in my food, but it traumatized me. There's a hole in the wall place where I live that makes amazing hard shell tacos. That's all we ever get there, because they are famous for them. One morning my Husband and I decided to try breakfast there, and there was a huge piece of uncooked bacon fat in the middle of mine. No meat on it at all, and it was about a 1/2 inch thick and ran the entire length of the burrito. Even after taking it out, I couldn't eat anymore of it.

Various hairs throughout the years too.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I should read this thread each time I get hungry. It's the best appetite suppressor
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I found one of these in my Haggis!

11501DSC04209-2-med.jpg
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    dead animal body parts! :O
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Found a short & curly in my sandwich. Nothing worse than realizing somebody has done something awful to your falafel.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    It's stupid how proud of this thread I am. Lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Few weeks ago I found crushed stones in my navy beans while I was pouring them in the pot for the overnight pre-soak.
    They do tell you on the package to check for that, though.
    wow really? I've never actually read the package haha My mother used to cook the same kind of beans when I was young, so I just called her up and asked her how she prepared them. The things you miss when you don't read the package!!! *runs to read package*
    I did find it pretty surprising the first time I saw it. It says to check for "small stones, soil particles, etc.". I guess it would be difficult for a machine to differentiate between dried beans and tiny rocks.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just found a slug in my salad yesterday and almost puked!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Found a short & curly in my sandwich. Nothing worse than realizing somebody has done something awful to your falafel.
    I'm kind bummed that that doesn't rhyme, in my accent.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I used to work in the local environmental health department sometimes in University vacations - that's where all the contaminated food would be reported to - lots of cockroaches, mould, and very bizarrely once a lump of coal baked into a loaf of bread!

But I've lived most of my life in the countryside where we have a robust attitude to what's edible - a little blue mould or some fruit flies have no doubt been consumed on occasion, plus those little maggoty things you get if you gather your own mushrooms; extra protein!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Few weeks ago I found crushed stones in my navy beans while I was pouring them in the pot for the overnight pre-soak.
    wow really? I've never actually read the package haha My mother used to cook the same kind of beans when I was young, so I just called her up and asked her how she prepared them. The things you miss when you don't read the package!!! *runs to read package*
    I did find it pretty surprising the first time I saw it. It says to check for "small stones, soil particles, etc.". I guess it would be difficult for a machine to differentiate between dried beans and tiny rocks.
    Even when the bag says "triple-cleaned", we always find at least one or two. If you aren't doing this, you're eating them without noticing. Some brands are better than others. Surprisingly, the Great Value beans from Walmart have been some of the cleanest, in our experience.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    a wad of weave in my cherry limeade at Sonic. ick.
  • owaranai14
    Options
    a baby cockroach i didn't know if i was repulsed or sympathetic :/
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I ordered a pizza at a restaurant one time and I found nats baked into the pizza, literally into the cheese and crust.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    lots of bugs in peanut butter...I love peanut butter!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    Even when the bag says "triple-cleaned", we always find at least one or two. If you aren't doing this, you're eating them without noticing. Some brands are better than others. Surprisingly, the Great Value beans from Walmart have been some of the cleanest, in our experience.
    I imagine if they are small enough that you don't notice swallowing them, they aren't going to hurt you. Unless you bite down on one.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i worked at dairyqueen for a long time in my past, and found a crazyyyyyy spider in a tomato. i wish everyone bought localy owned...
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    A finger nail. It was probably fake, but still gross.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ...I found nats baked into the pizza...
    How big of a pizza are we talkin', here?!

Milwaukee+Brewers+v+Washington+Nationals+JOpi4d9snrAl.jpg