I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Awesome :)

I only found out my correct bra size because I bought the 'incorrect' size by accident... I thought I was a 38D, and for months wondered why I couldn't fit into a 36D when I was obviously shrinking. :grumble:

Then by mistake, in a disorganized Victoria's Secret, I picked up a 36DD, and it actually fit! :noway: I wondered why the hell I would need a bigger cup size when I had lost weight!

After that, I read somewhere that when you go down in band-size, you usually go UP in cup size because cups are differently sized depending on the band. A bit of a revelation.
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump - just put in my measurements - quite a shock! Thanks for sharing
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    got to try this calculator thank you
  • yarwy
    yarwy Posts: 43
    Options
    bump for later!:embarassed:
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This is great! I went to VS and they told me I was a DD!! No way in crap are these things that big... I'm a complicated C. Bs are waaayy to small, but Cs get big. It's really confusing!

This describes me exactly!! I swear I'm a B and a half! LOL! My C cups are getting too big but there is no way these girls are squeezing into a B!
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    bump
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I am pretty certain that I am not an H cup but thanks anyway. :huh:
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I agree, it has me at 34DDD or 34E and I can not even get a 34 to go around me. I wear a very snug 36 so this calculator does not work at all for me!
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I tried it, it said I was a 34H. I've tried on 34s in the store but they're always too small, so I end up with a 36 or 38. If I wear too small a band size my back and underarm fat surround it and look awful. Where do you find an H? I've never seen anything higher than a DDD and even those are hard to find when you drop bellow a 40 band.

Hey djthom, if you have a Lane Bryant or a JCPenny close by they usually have those in stock. Lane Bryant are very good at fitting you & helping you find the perfect bra. JCPenny usually allows you to order what you want to try on & ship it to the store if they don't have them in stock & if you don't want you don't have to buy it. I hope this helps. Oh & Lane Bryant don't try to fit you in a bra to get a sale, they will tell you if they don't have your size. They treated me great when I was a 40H.
  • jerri1224
    jerri1224 Posts: 1
    Options
    That has been my problem for years...I use to jog..but could never find a good fitting & supportive bra for a fuller figure woman...So I was forced to quit because of back pains....
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks! Had no idea my underbust was only 32. VS had me in as a 36DD... Guess I'm a 32DDD! I hope they shrink!

Where to buy something like that?

Try Fashion Bug. You have to really look for them or just ask. Hope this helps.
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    Wow, great find! Thanks so much for sharing!!! What a struggle to find the right size and support for the girls! :bigsmile:
  • hem8787
    hem8787 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There is not at all accurate for me. It's telling me I'm a 32DDD. That's absurd. I am a perfect 34C. There's no way a 32 band would even fasten on me, and I'd be swimming in a D cup, let alone a DDD. This is nuts!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Said I am a 34I I as in, after H? I'm assuming that's an I not a 1...

my measurements bust: 42.5 underbust: 32.5
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    bump for later
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    @Vibrant--WTF?! Seriously not right! They give you a super loose band and expect your breasts to somehow defy gravity? No you hike the straps way the heck up and pray! LOL! Yeah I never understood that measure either.

Also, I don't know if everyone realizes this but since support comes from the band size you need to measure your underbust while exhaling, so you get the tightest possible band that will fit you...the calculator will round up (or down) to the nearest even numbered band size. AND you bra should always be tightest at the loosest fastener notches (that way when the elastic loosens in a month or two you still have a bra that fits--that's when you start tightening up the hooks, NOT at the beginning when you first buy). Just some stuff I learned from the Nordies Ladies. :)
    That information is PRICELESS! I've struggled with finding a bra that fits for YEARS! I can't wait to try the site and I'm going to Nordstrums!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    strange - I entered mine and it says 22D but I have been comfortably wearing 18DD for years and the bras are now too big ...
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Well this thread got me to go to a specialty bra store and get measured. I WAS wearing the wrong size bra -- 36D or 38C, way too big band, and wrong shape/sized cups, however, this calculator did not quite work out right; it gave me a 30G, but actually I needed a 30 or 32F (DDDD), depending on the brand.

This size sounds insane, but actually the cups on a 30 or 32F do not really look that big -- they look about the same size as the 36D cups, but the fit is SOOOO much better.

Anyway, thanks for the thread bc now I finally have perfect bras and the first bathing suit top that has EVER fit, yay!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks! Had no idea my underbust was only 32. VS had me in as a 36DD... Guess I'm a 32DDD! I hope they shrink!

Where to buy something like that?

Try Fashion Bug. You have to really look for them or just ask. Hope this helps.

Nordstrom, or a specialty bra store.