3 Yr. Anniversary!! 307 lbs. Lost!!! (Picture Heavy!!)

Options

Replies

• justincortes1
    Options
    Congrats this is phenomenal!
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC ! ! ! ! Congrats to you and your family who will have you around for much longer now!
  • castroje
    castroje Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery!!!
  • cherrypie556
    cherrypie556 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, you should be so proud of yourself, not many larger peole would find the motivation and determination to lose the weight! Very inspiring. Good luck with your surgery!
  • mxm082
    mxm082 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! You look very strong and healthy. Congratulations!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Epic. This is very motivating, well done and thanks for sharing.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Bumping this back to page 1. More people need to see this.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am in tears!!! Congratulations!!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!!!!!
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    Wow!! You should be sooooo proud of yourself! That is truly amazing! Such a huge accomplishment!
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!! You look AMAZING!! How great do you feel?? Thanks for posting your story and pics!!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful Congrats on keeping it off. Bless you
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Update: Skin Surgery is now scheduled for the end of July... Had my consult this past Monday and the surgeon agreed that it is time.... Scared to death but so looking forward to the end results.... Thanks again for all the support.....

3 years ago at 560 lbs. and pretty much a shut in from 2007-09 I finally hit rock bottom. Something had to change, I just couldn't live like that another day.. I was home bound and had to use a computer chair to wheel myself from my recliner to the bathroom or anywhere around the house. I had that AHA moment and stopped saying no to everything and started saying yes (no matter how afraid I was.) I had to overcome Severe Depression, Major Social Phobia issues, Food Addictions, etc.... I had to fix what was broken in my head or nothing else mattered.. So I met with a therapist, started water therapy (water displacement cause I couldn't support my own weight) and had a battery of test done. Found out I was a full blown diabetic (type 2) and had all the super morbidly obese health issues. But I was bound and determined to regain control of my life!!! 36 months later today, I stand here through a lot of Pain, Blood Sweat and Tears at 253 lbs. and scheduled to see the skin surgeon this Wednesday the 13th for (20-25 lbs. of skin removal) a 360 body lift and then 2 total knee replacements following the body lift and I will have Regained Control over my life and given myself an unwritten future I would have never seen had I not done something about it.. Never so Never!! Anything is possible if you are willing to work for it!! I have to thank my Family for Never giving up on me and my wonderful wife for being my rock to lean upon as I fought my way back... I have quite the road ahead of me with all these surgeries but I know I will continue to achieve the goals I have set forth and I will not let anything stand in my way... Lots of pics to follow... And thank you for the support I have gotten here.... I came here late in my journey but have used MFP as a tool in my journey especially the social phobia aspect I am still dealing with today... Thanks again....

2009May2.jpg
    scan00013.jpg
    scan00014.jpg
    DSCF2306.jpg
    DSCF2307.jpg
    DSCF2307revised12.jpg
    DSCF2306revised12.jpg
    3Sideshot.jpg
    3frontalshot.jpg
    DSCF3019two.jpg
    sidebysideb4after.jpg
    DSCF0675.jpg
    DSCF0677.jpg
    DSCF0679.jpg
    DSCF0590.jpg
    DSCF0595.jpg
    DSCF0598.jpg
    DSCF0614.jpg
    DSCF0612.jpg
    DSCF0667.jpg
    DSCF0669.jpg
    DSCF0628.jpg
    DSCF0629.jpg
    DSCF0660.jpg
    DSCF0626.jpg
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration, I'm actually crying right now.

My father weighs 417 lbs (he was 440 lbs a few months back but he's down 23lbs) and this shows me it is possible for him to lose all this weight. He just needs that extra push. He's pretty stubborn & thinks everything is fine but his knees say otherwise. I've already made him an account on MFP & he sees a dietition which is why he's lost 23lbs already - but he's still not as serious as he should be about it.

Thank you for sharing this, & congrats on your weight loss!
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm crying too! I'm so happy for you and your family, and so very impressed by all you've done and overcome. You look fantastic, so healthy and STRONG! Well done. Amazing. Good luck with the surgeries!
  • RSharion
    RSharion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow you are truly an inspiration..U look amazing ...congrats!!! This really brought tears to my eyes knowing that anything is possible!!!!
  • qofdisks
    qofdisks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    23 lbs is pretty serious. As long as he eats under his basic daily metabolic budget, he is being serious. It is going to take a long time to lose that weight and it is more important that he holds to his daily budget and records everything he eats. That is why I am liking this mfp.com. It is easy to be honest with myself even if I "cheat". I know where I stand every day at all times of the day. I can plug in an item before i eat it and the "weigh" the consequence on my budget. I am losing about a lb a week. I shoot for 1200 cal a day but most days I don't meet that goal. Most days I make 1400. That still means that I am losing. That still means I am recording. That still means that I am making conscious choices and being careful. This is how it has to be for the rest of my life. I only hope that I can lose enough weight before I suffer a stroke or heat attack. I have never been a good dieter.
  • qofdisks
    qofdisks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Handsome guy. Your wife is lucky to have you back. I hope you have a long and happy life now that you are taking good care of yourself. Seeing those knee braces leaves no excuse for me to complain about pain keeping me from moving more. Inspired.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are incredible and inspirational. Good luck with your surgeries. We are all here cheering you on =]
  • shellyscott0804
    shellyscott0804 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You motivated & inspired me. If you can lose it, so can I!! You Rock!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!