To the "Cool Kids"

Options

Replies

• cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't post here often...okay really, I think I have posted 4 times. I do, however, read EVERYTHING. I have never had to lose weight so I don't have any words of wisdom to offer on those topics and though I try to eat healthy, just a short while ago I was the skinny chick who existed on M&M's and diet coke :)

To the group of people on here I will dub the "cool kids", you know who you are; you post all the time, get called rude - mean - snarky, tell it like it is and are in general extremely entertaining. I love you guys! You make me laugh but most importantly, I have learned a lot from you,

I never think you are being mean to anyone. If your repsonse to a question comes across a little snarky, it seems to me it was out of utter frustration.

Just wanted to give a huge Thank You to you all. I have gained valuable knowlege in nutrition and exercise. You have debunked myths that I myself was quilty of believing and have given sound advice in areas of diet and fitness. If I ever learn how to post pictures, I will post some to show how your advice (and snarkiness) has helped me.

Thanks again!!

There's a rumor that the Cool Kids get their strings locked. A lot. So I've heard.

You wish. Cool kids get threads created by asshats locked!

See: LMRAO.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    *runs in throws bacon in the air, wiggles *kitten* and falls running back out the door*
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    .... Really? I know forums tend to get this absurd hierarchy because that's the nature of people everywhere, even on the internet, but this all just sounds so silly. I come on here to give encouragement to people that seem to need it, to show off my results, and to ask the odd question here and there. Whoever these "cool kids" are, I hope they don't actually wear that title as some kind of badge of honor. It's an internet food diary, for God's sake.

*high five*
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    *runs in throws bacon in the air, wiggles *kitten* and falls running back out the door*

I'm with this guy...only, I'm catching the bacon and sitting down for a snack.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

can i have some?
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Can I be a cool kid?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    .... Really? I know forums tend to get this absurd hierarchy because that's the nature of people everywhere, even on the internet, but this all just sounds so silly. I come on here to give encouragement to people that seem to need it, to show off my results, and to ask the odd question here and there. Whoever these "cool kids" are, I hope they don't actually wear that title as some kind of badge of honor. It's an internet food diary, for God's sake.

*high five*

The OP is expressing her appreciation to individuals for providing honest and clear information in a witty way. She is not suggesting that anyone is better than anyone else. That is a perception created by jealous individuals that have no way to discredit those individuals other than claiming that those individuals express some kind of moral superiority. The OP is just pointing out that aside from the frustration that many experience dealing with people that only want affirmation for their ignorance, the "cool kids" actually offer sound advice.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Everytime I post something snarky it ends up getting reported.... :(
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Actually it isn't JUST an internet food diary, at least not for me. That's just a fraction of what I use this site for anymore. I have built the most awesome set of friends, so for me it's also about the socialization, venting, support, laughs, and oh yea, the fitness. Most of my friends are such BAMF that just having them as a friend is inspiration.
  • SummerCruiseConfidence
    Options
    I don't have a problem with people leaving comments that lean towards rude. If that's how they get the point across, then let them do their thing. To the people who are hurt by what they said- I have dealt with internet bullying. The true harassment kind, where I knew the person in real life but they only bullied me on the internet. I've learned that you are the only one who has control over what you feel about a situation. I've learned that if I don't let the bully bother me, they're no longer a bully and I'm no longer a victim. The only one that can make me feel a certain way is me and the people that I truly care about in my life. Stop caring about people on the internet and what they say. Just take life with a grain of salt.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

*high five*

The OP is expressing her appreciation to individuals for providing honest and clear information in a witty way. She is not suggesting that anyone is better than anyone else. That is a perception created by jealous individuals that have no way to discredit those individuals other than claiming that those individuals express some kind of moral superiority. The OP is just pointing out that aside from the frustration that many experience dealing with people that only want affirmation for their ignorance, the "cool kids" actually offer sound advice.

Smart response...nice one!.:flowerforyou:
    Now excuse me, if you don't mind can you pass some bacon up to Jules.
    Thanks I'll be right back...lots of people here. Gotta make more!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Everytime I post something snarky it ends up getting reported.... :(

Reported
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    is i a cool kids?

Absolutely
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Except for the "I don't post a lot" bit I agree with every word of that. In a big way.

I don't need anyone to tell me how special I am or that it's great that I'm trying. I came here to learn how to lose weight and get in shape. And this place has all the good advice anyone would ever need. That's real "support", a word I see people throwing around here all the time.

The people who've been called "snarky" around here are generally the same people I always see as being the most helpful. So I've always taken that label with a grain of salt and followed that with plenty of water.

So I'm adding my thanks too.

^^this.

OP: :flowerforyou:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    money-money-money.gif
    ^^^ This guy is one of the cool kids^^^
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    money-money-money.gif
    ^^^ This guy is one of the cool kids^^^

haha I'm sure he is. Only, you can't tell...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options

Wait, you mean they don't give out trophies?? Mother...why the hell do I spend so much time on here??

To piggy back on SusieQ's thoughts, while I came here for the tracking capabilities, I stay for the advice, the support, and most importantly...the snark.

Oh, and the boobs. It's the boobs that keep me coming back.
  • ValiCaly
    ValiCaly Posts: 111
    Options
    I don't post here often...okay really, I think I have posted 4 times. I do, however, read EVERYTHING. I have never had to lose weight so I don't have any words of wisdom to offer on those topics and though I try to eat healthy, just a short while ago I was the skinny chick who existed on M&M's and diet coke :)

To the group of people on here I will dub the "cool kids", you know who you are; you post all the time, get called rude - mean - snarky, tell it like it is and are in general extremely entertaining. I love you guys! You make me laugh but most importantly, I have learned a lot from you,

I never think you are being mean to anyone. If your repsonse to a question comes across a little snarky, it seems to me it was out of utter frustration.

Just wanted to give a huge Thank You to you all. I have gained valuable knowlege in nutrition and exercise. You have debunked myths that I myself was quilty of believing and have given sound advice in areas of diet and fitness. If I ever learn how to post pictures, I will post some to show how your advice (and snarkiness) has helped me.

Thanks again!!

You talking about the TROLLS?
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Who the hell are the cool kids?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

can i have some?

I only share with cool kids.

Wait...you can have them all...

:flowerforyou: