To the "Cool Kids"

Options

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of the cool kids on my FL - *bowing before them* I am not worthy (well ok I am on my way to being worthy)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    The "Cool Kids" allow me to hang with them. They are pretty f@*&#$g awesome!

:cheers:

Whatever, you're the coolest.

smack.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Oh, and totally agree with OP, though the term "cool kids" makes me feel like the fat kid in dodgeball.

And remember, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    ....Am I the only one who has no idea who the cool kids are? None.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Oh, and totally agree with OP, though the term "cool kids" makes me feel like the fat kid in dodgeball.

And remember, if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Dodge, Dip, Dive, Duck and Dodge.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

IMAG0277-1.jpg

I also suck at knowing I should move the phone from in front of my face when taking a photo * I am a retard*

Edited to add....The cool kids do it again...I posted a pic!! F-Yeah!

I want your arms!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I am grateful to the so-called cool kids. They keep me motivated, inspired, and laughing (sometimes at myself). Even when I'm late to the party.

It's the other kids I'm worried about. All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.

Those Reeboks are way out of style, man.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Who do I have to know to become a cool kid?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Apparently the girl above with the arms?
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

I am pretty sure you are one of them!
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Every thread I make is somehow "mean". I am blunt and honest, and point out sensitive things I guess....how people read it is not my error. LOL.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ....Am I the only one who has no idea who the cool kids are? None.

Nope you are not the only one.
  • Napjeeper
    Napjeeper Posts: 36
    Options
    If that's your idea of "Cool Kids", I'll keep to my circle of friends and support. Sure everyone needs a kick in the *kitten* once in awhile, but snarky, assish, and in some cases childish poking at people is stupid and doesn't help. I started at 450lbs and it sure as hell wasn't someone making condescending comments that helped me lose 200lbs, and it won't help me get back down where I was.

I'm all for constructive information and criticism, but there's no reason for anyone to be mean or go after anyone, it defeats the purpose of the site. Good luck to those of you who feed on getting put down though.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    If that's your idea of "Cool Kids", I'll keep to my circle of friends and support. Sure everyone needs a kick in the *kitten* once in awhile, but snarky, assish, and in some cases childish poking at people is stupid and doesn't help. I started at 450lbs and it sure as hell wasn't someone making condescending comments that helped me lose 200lbs, and it won't help me get back down where I was.

I'm all for constructive information and criticism, but there's no reason for anyone to be mean or go after anyone, it defeats the purpose of the site. Good luck to those of you who feed on getting put down though.
    I <3 you
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Can we please get a list of the cool kids? Is there a special page dedicated to them in the yearbook? I must know who they are!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    .... Really? I know forums tend to get this absurd hierarchy because that's the nature of people everywhere, even on the internet, but this all just sounds so silly. I come on here to give encouragement to people that seem to need it, to show off my results, and to ask the odd question here and there. Whoever these "cool kids" are, I hope they don't actually wear that title as some kind of badge of honor. It's an internet food diary, for God's sake.

Just marking the place where the fun thread gets serious and falls apart.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    I get the "cool kids" idea. They're the ones that have been here long enough to get results and get really frustrated when the same exact questions are asked over and over and over and over and over and over....

and so they still feel compelled to answer because they want to be helpful and so their answers get shorter and more succinct, knowing, deep down inside, that the person that asked the question is still going to argue with them and tell them it won't work for them because they are "special". Such brave souls! Kudos to you , cool kids!
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Okay..here's a shot at posting a pic. I suck at anything computer related :)

Me now..actually starting to see some ab-ish-ness

IMAG0290-1.jpg

IMAG0277-1.jpg

I also suck at knowing I should move the phone from in front of my face when taking a photo * I am a retard*

Edited to add....The cool kids do it again...I posted a pic!! F-Yeah!

You look mah-velous!!!
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    I get the "cool kids" idea. They're the ones that have been here long enough to get results and get really frustrated when the same exact questions are asked over and over and over and over and over and over....

and so they still feel compelled to answer because they want to be helpful and so their answers get shorter and more succinct, knowing, deep down inside, that the person that asked the question is still going to argue with them and tell them it won't work for them because they are "special". Such brave souls! Kudos to you , cool kids!
    Your definition of cool and mine are vastly different.
  • ZoeLifts
    Options

Your definition of cool and mine are vastly different.

Well, it will be hard, but I think I can survive knowing that. I may look back on this day with regrets, but I will survive.