'thigh gap'?

Options

Replies

• Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My mother tells of her Personal Hygiene class in school. The teacher told all of the girls that you know you're the right weight when you can fit your fist between your thighs.

Ah, gotta love 1950s classes, right?

I've had a fist between my thighs before...I mean...what?

Ily.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    My mother tells of her Personal Hygiene class in school. The teacher told all of the girls that you know you're the right weight when you can fit your fist between your thighs.

I've had a fist between my thighs before...I mean...what?
    *dies*
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options

What position are your feet in during this measurement? Are they together or hip width? This seems extreme even for those days.

No clue, but my mom said she had it. Of course, she weighed 98 pounds for most of her younger life, dropping down to 88 for a short time there. I'm an inch shorter and can't imagine being that tiny. Then, neither can she anymore. Three kids and 70 years took their toll on her, and she's a far healthier weight now.

Ok, so who was actually testing to see if their fist would fit? I'm fairly certain that teachers have been brought up on charges in the recent past for this!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

What position are your feet in during this measurement? Are they together or hip width? This seems extreme even for those days.

No clue, but my mom said she had it. Of course, she weighed 98 pounds for most of her younger life, dropping down to 88 for a short time there. I'm an inch shorter and can't imagine being that tiny. Then, neither can she anymore. Three kids and 70 years took their toll on her, and she's a far healthier weight now.

Ok, so who was actually testing to see if their fist would fit? I'm fairly certain that teachers have been brought up on charges in the recent past for this!

I tested...
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    I personally know I probably will never have one seeming I do not want to be skin and bones and that's the only way for me to achieve that look. I think that girls with more curves, are better looking and definitely more healthy looking. Plus I like my booty.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I just don't want my thighs to rub together anymore :grumble: :noway:
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Some people are predisposed to be able to have thigh gaps at healthy weights. Some people are not. It really depends on your hips:

tumblr_m30b6z3Rsa1roec1oo1_500.png
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A thigh gap huh...in my day it was just called spreading your legs ;)

the best kind of gap is one that is waiting to be filled ....
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Jumps up and down...I want one...for me, myself and I...look super sexy and hot when your thighs don't touch...many threads have had people say you can't get it..genetics...But I got a peek of one recently and I will continue to push for it...Just like anything else that's a big deal if that person wants.it..
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    The amount of Thigh Gap threads is quickly overtaking those for HCG. Thankfully, there is a search feature that may allow you think before posting that which has already been determined and defined as only meaningful for where the zombies take their first bite.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I just don't want my thighs to rub together anymore :grumble: :noway:

Me too. *sigh*
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Most men prefer to create their own thigh gap between a woman's legs with either their hips or head.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Most men prefer to create their own thigh gap between a woman's legs with either their hips or head.

QFT...A thigh gap isn't that hard to achieve assuming you have a pulse and/or haven't gone into rigor mortis. Not that I condone certain actions with corpses.

PS: Where the hell does the notion that a thigh gap is desirable come from anyway? I've never sat around with a group of guys and said, "The only way I'll look at a woman is if she's got a gap between her thighs when her ankles are touching...."
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options

bwahahahaha!

I :heart: you
  • Pirschjaeger
    Pirschjaeger Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also didn't know what a thigh gap was until I joined MFP. I was underweight once and I can't recall my thighs touching or not. All I really care about is my thighs not being jiggly.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hehehe, I'd love a thigh gap. Gotta be better than thighs that rub together hasn't it? I'd also love to not have cankles. Even when I've been slimmer I still had cankles. >:(
  • Pilcrow_
    Pilcrow_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I miss having a bit of a thigh gap, but really it's all dependent on your shape not your weight. That and perfecting the art of placing you feet *just* at the right angle to make it look like it's actually there...!

But yeah, it's so incredibly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things...
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I know I'll never have a thigh gap, my thighs have always been huge be it from fat or muscle but I would love a thigh gap just because I get chub rub so badly! I'd like my jeans to last me a while and not start a fire when my thighs are sweaty under a skirt. Aesthetically, I could care less, and I'm in no way working to get one, but if I magically happened to get one due to weight loss...I wouldn't complain.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love my wide hips but don't care about a thigh gap. I'll be sure to post pics in success stories one day because no one in real life gives a crap about this stuff.
  • rawegman
    rawegman Posts: 18
    Options

Haha Yes