Favorite foods that are discontinued/hard to find:

Options

Replies

• texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    Fiber One Yogurt - Peach or Vanilla flavors - Even the Blueberry and Strawberry are hard to find (Walmart).

Great taste and high fiber, low carb, low sugar. Down side...low protein, but they taste great.
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    what are your yours?

mine are:

crispy m&ms

waffle crisp cereal

reese's with the cookie inside

I always ALWAAYYSS find crispy m&ms at the duty free. always. :p they are so gooododddododd.
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Kombucha Synergy drinks (or however you spell it). I had some from a store over an hour away but there is none around here.

Arctic zero- I love the stuff and they finally have it here but they rarely keep the only goood flavors of cookies and cream and vanilla maple stocked. :(

chocolites- haven't found them around here

They have those Kombucha drinks at Whole Foods, which I guess you must not have by you. What do they taste like? Are they sour?
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Used to eat something called "Mutabbaq". I for the life of me cannot find it in US even in the arab dense area. I miss eating that.

Ful (pronounced fool) is another item that I cannot get here. Atleast not the good sudani version of it

I looked up Mutabbaq and oooh that looks tasty. I've seen ful around here, though I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. I'm near an Arab dense area too and I've never seen this Mutabbaq at least not on the restaurant streets.
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Hot Chocolate Hilights!
    Fewer calories than a banana and yummy!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Used to eat something called "Mutabbaq". I for the life of me cannot find it in US even in the arab dense area. I miss eating that.

Ful (pronounced fool) is another item that I cannot get here. Atleast not the good sudani version of it

I looked up Mutabbaq and oooh that looks tasty. I've seen ful around here, though I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. I'm near an Arab dense area too and I've never seen this Mutabbaq at least not on the restaurant streets.

Mutabbaq is a Yemeni dish and trust me, the picture does literally no justice to it.

I live bear Dearborn, MI which is supposed to have the most dense arab population out of mid east but even they don't have alot of things I have had in Mid-East

Ful here is typically made by lebanese or syrian which is basically jsut boiled chick peas and fava baens. Not very appetizing. The real ful made by Sudanese and Egyptians is sooooooo goood! OMG my mouth is watering just thinking about it. You get a bowl of ful-mudammas, put in some nice olive oil and some lemon on top of it and go to town with some nice tamees bread. YUMMY!!!!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Diet coke with lime (no, not lemon or citrus zest). They were still selling it in Australia when I visited there a few years back, maybe I should move....
  • d4rkn3ss06
    d4rkn3ss06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Lucas-the powder chili candy!! so yummy but no where to be found :(

Oreo's Cereal- sugar cereal that is so yummy but dont see it anymore :(
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    apple newtons

also ice cream cone cereal
  • alliegeorge
    alliegeorge Posts: 114
    Options
    The Simpsons cereal - no problem-o's

massive sugary cheerio looking things with choc biscuits in them. << don't judge I was like 10.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

massive sugary cheerio looking things with choc biscuits in them. << don't judge I was like 10.

It sounds like this is a good thing for your weight loss though ;-)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

It sounds like this is a good thing for your weight loss though ;-)

it sounds like something that is bloody awesome to eat man!
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Full-fat Fage Greek yogurt. In general full-fat Greek yogurt of any kind is hard to find, there are only two stores in my area that carry it.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Duo Penotti

duopenotti.jpg

It's chocolate/vanilla hazelnut spread from the Netherlands. Tesco sold it for a while, then discontinued it, then started selling it again and now have stopped stocking it again :huh:

Of course we now have Kraft Philadelphia with Cadbury's chocolate which is also very yummy!:tongue:
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    Near East Lentil Rice Pilaf.

I can't find it anywhere! T_T

Also Bear Naked Granola Bars.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Hmmm--Fantastic foods tofu soup. It's dehydrated and amazingly delicious. My mom bought me a case of them 5 years ago and I've not found them since.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    3D Doritos! Oh my god, those were heaven.

And four loko, like every good college kid.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    3D Doritos! Oh my god, those were heaven.

And four loko, like every good college kid.

Yum!!! I soooo loved 3D Doritos and I don't even like the regular ones
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Planter's Cheese Balls. The ones in the canister...so tasty!

Fritos in the can too!
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I moved to the US and I miss Australian Dim Sims (not to be confused with dun sum.. totally different) I would/Could/Wish I could dive head first into a barrel of them!!! steamed with soy sauce.. oh the calories would be worth it haha.. oh and authentic Fish and Chip shops in general!