Carnivores – why?

Options

Replies

• EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Why, should I be eating LIVE animals? You're disgusting. :smile:

I think you're supposed to eat it live because all the enzymes are still there and haven't been processed out by butchering and cooking. It's really just clean eating at that point.
  • rikkeeroos
    rikkeeroos Posts: 28
    Options
    I wonder if rabbits and lions have this same conversation......
    The rabbits try to bring it up at every meeting. Poor little guys barely have a chance to speak before they get gobbled up.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to eat beets, mushrooms, or olives. they're disgusting and nasty. However, I suspend my disbelief and just assume my tastes are different than other people's and it doesn't matter if I don't understand why they like things I don't. Clearly, I'm just kooky.

I can't stand any of those things either. But in time I'm going to TRY to eat mushrooms due to all of the health benefits.

14877786.png
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Because most people are selfish , uninformed, and too attached to tradition.

I guess I'm selfish, uninformed and too attached to tradition.

Look every movement in fitness/nutrition has a bit religion attached to it. People simply BELIEVE that their way is better and start to run around bashing things that are different.

I don't have a way and I'm not bashing things that are different. Can you say it isn't selfish to have another animal born and bred just to be eaten by you? :flowerforyou:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I never said that I don't get eating meat either. I used to be the one telling MY vegetarian friends that "animals taste good."

This topic is a bit of a troll because someone posted a topic called "vegetarian... why?"

I really don't care if you eat meat. The point is, vegetarians are sick of being bashed or talked down to because we choose not to.

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." —Albert Einstein

Humans are destroying the ecosystem with the meat industry. Which is why I say that people should hunt their food if they want to eat meat. I obviously don't hate meat eaters if I cook my boyfriend bacon.

Um ... the farming industry isn't much better you know?
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    because animals are made out of food

we are made of the same parts animals are.............hhmmmm so we are food too now this I can get down with YUM. Put yourself on a spit and lets roast ya up ;P

Lets face it people! Animals would eat us in heart beat if they could :-) Lions dont eat lions...people dont eat people (hopefully) Lions DO eat people and people would eat lions if they tasted good... (does anyone eat lions?)
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Why, should I be eating LIVE animals? You're disgusting. :smile:

^^ this and meat doesn't come from the cute animals, it comes from the super markets *rolls eyes*
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Because most people are selfish , uninformed, and too attached to tradition.

I guess I'm selfish, uninformed and too attached to tradition.

Look every movement in fitness/nutrition has a bit religion attached to it. People simply BELIEVE that their way is better and start to run around bashing things that are different.

I don't have a way and I'm not bashing things that are different. Can you say it isn't selfish to have another animal born and bred just to be eaten by you? :flowerforyou:

In many cultures, that's called survival.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    For those of you that hunt, I commend you. I think that if someone wants to eat meat, they SHOULD kill it themselves. That is natural. Factory farming isn't. And the other person that said that cavemen didn't even eat vegetables and fruits, pretty sure you are wrong because plants did exist back then. Even native american indians had men hunting and women gathering plant based foods. I see nothing wrong with hunting, as long as the whole animal is being used and not wasted. If you kill a deer, you better eat ALL of the venison. You better do something constructive with the hide and the antlers.

As a vegetarian, I WISH people hunted instead of buying factory farmed food.

Funny thing about nature is that what I don't use from my kills it does. Hawks, vultures, crows, foxes, and other critters finish off the soft tissue. Rodents actually get a lot of nutrition from nibbling down the bones/antlers. I mean when creatures die of their own accord they don't just sit there unused, they are broken down through the wonders that make up nature.

:laugh: In a way it is like I am killing one deer and helping a whole community of other animals and critters.

Besides, hunting is hard work! You don't understand until you have sat in a tree stand for hours on end freezing your tush off and not seeing so much as a fluffy tail. Damn tickisy deer, the big does are practically silent when they move through the woods, even on dry leaves.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    This is easy to answer, meat tastes good

I guess care more about satisfying my hunger than if the animal died or not.. it does not bother me at all
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    WHY DO I HAVE TO DEFEND MY LIFE CHOICES TO YOU!?! WE SHOULD ALL JUST KEEP TO OURSELVES AND NOT TRY TO UNDERSTAND OTHER PEOPLE'S POINT OF VIEW!

Hellz yes. High five, sir.
  • kionig
    kionig Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I like food, almost all food. I've been vegatarian, vegan, raw, clean, organic, and a processed, non foodstuff (twinkie) eater. From now on, I'm going to eat mostly healthy and put less junk in my mouth, no matter in what form it comes. I dont have an argument for or against meat. I am not pompous enough anymore, to think others actually care about my opinion on the matter. I just wish we could all get organic, free range, non steroid or antibiotic laden fresh meat easier, and of course organic fruit & veg, like at the regular grocery store, without astronomical prices.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I have yet to meet a human being that's a carnivore.

thank you!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Having spent a fair bit time around live chickens in my youth, I sincerely doubt that anyone could possibly come up with an argument to counter my strongly held belief that they're nasty, evil, little creatures deserving nothing more than being my dinner. They're walking brain stems whose whole purpose in life is to serve as a protein source for other animals.
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    yes, boobs.
  • Roadkill742
    Options
    As to eating people, in my personal experience with wild game, animals that eat what we eat aren't as tasty as those that are straight plant eaters. To me that means humans probably wouldn't be my first choice of table fare (maybe a vegetarian would be good IDK). Really though when it comes to survival most predators aren't above eating their own kind. I kill and eat a lot of cute animals that I love. There are people out there that I hate. In summation I hate the "why don't you eat people argument" because its obvious. There is no open season, and I don't think they would be as good as what I'm already eating.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    because animals are made out of food

we are made of the same parts animals are.............hhmmmm so we are food too now this I can get down with YUM. Put yourself on a spit and lets roast ya up ;P

Lets face it people! Animals would eat us in heart beat if they could :-) Lions dont eat lions...people dont eat people (hopefully) Lions DO eat people and people would eat lions if they tasted good... (does anyone eat lions?)

You are over thinking this topic
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I eat meat because of the protein. I do feel carnivorous when I'm pulling a leg off of a cooked rotisserie chicken. But I eat lots of veggies, fruits and grains as well. Meat is a part of a balanced diet and it doesn't hurt that I enjoy the taste.

I am omnivore hear me roar!

Why don't you think Lions or Tigers or Bears are gross and horrible for eating meat???? It's called the food chain. Believe it or not we are part of it. If we weren't supposed to eat meat our bodies wouldn't allow us to and reject it.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It tastes great, even more so fresh off the grill with that slight charred taste :smile: I've cut back on the amount of meat I eat and I strive to make a couple dinners a week minus any meat but you would have to pry that meat out of my husbands cold dead hands LOL I do love a good veggie sub and I also love it when my husband looks at me and says what's the point :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone pointed out the caloric advantages of eating meat as being a central factor in our evolution as a species?

Anyone who has ever looked at the matter objectively has stumbled over this little tidbit.
    It's always overlooked when you post it as a counter argument to vegetarianism. For someone to achieve near 3000 calories in plant matter would require such a massive quantity of food. They also ignore the fact that if everyone were to switch to vegetarianism MORE land would need to be cleared to plant the amount of crops necessary because they ignore the nutritional and calorific density of a cow vs. what you could plant under it's 4 hooves.

The calorific arguement is flawed when you take dairy (which is vegetarian) into consideration.

Also, it actually takes a lot more land to process meat, including all the land needed to grow the plants to feed the animals, than it does to sustain plant based diets.