Carnivores – why?

Options

Replies

• amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am probably going to offend some, but it’s not my intention.

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal. I figure because whenever I ask “why”, the silly carnivores almost always get offended.

So why?

And please remove all of the “I like my meat rare” answers. That stuff is just nasty.

It tastes great. Besides that...........I try to stay away from Soy.....As a vegetarian......How would you suggest getting 180+ grams of protein in without eating meat or soy? for around 2k cals?

XSport Fitness 100% Whey Protein - 60 grams for 3 scoops... egg whites for breakfast 12 grams... greek yogurt 12 grams ... assorted nuts 6 grams... protein bar - 30 grams ... fake meat substitutes 12-20 grams each... IDK how I do it, but I am over on protein everyday. I am pretty sure my diary is open if you are really curious and not just being a meany.
    Morningstar Farms meat substitute is made of soy...

I eat Mornignstar Farms... but there is also a brand called Quorn that is soy free. I really like their "grilled chicken"
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of food? hmmm?

and again technically that makes you food too doesn't it? Hmmmm? You can jump on that spit as well, I am sure you would be just delish with some BBQ sauce and Malt Vinegar, topped with some coleslaw on a healthy whole wheat bun.

Oh yes, I would taste deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious - anyone want to eat me? :happy:
  • bjbex
    bjbex Posts: 24
    Options
    I guess it's just because I was brought up eating meat.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    because animals are made out of food

we are made of the same parts animals are.............hhmmmm so we are food too now this I can get down with YUM. Put yourself on a spit and lets roast ya up ;P

bath salts

LOL...I was just thinking this.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    because scotty doesn't know.....so don't tell scotty!! \m/
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

and again technically that makes you food too doesn't it? Hmmmm? You can jump on that spit as well, I am sure you would be just delish with some BBQ sauce and Malt Vinegar, topped with some coleslaw on a healthy whole wheat bun.

She does look pretty damned tasty.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am also an omnivore and think that meat is part of a balanced diet. I cannot eat dairy because of allergies so I need meat to supplement protein and so on....

I always tell the veggie eaters that it is natural for us to eat meat. How would our forefathers have survived if they couldn't have eaten and stored meat all winter? It wasn't possible to grow veggies and fruit in the dead of winter (I live in MN) and so they could shoot a deer or a buffalo and feed their family for months off of that bounty. They could also keep warm with the pelt or sell it for money for flour etc....

I was raised in a family full of hunters and to this day we still shoot and process deer. Venison is a very lean meat that can be used a number of ways. My family saves hundreds of dollars each year by doing this and it also helps to control the population of the deer which would take over and destroy the forest if we didn't.

Meat has many benefits for us such as providing protein and lean fats if the cuts are right. I always get our meat from the local markets and farmers to ensure that they are not pumped up on antibiotics or fed animal by products. I know farmers who are offended by vegetarians who continually condemn those who raise animals for consumption. These farmers work hard and provide for others. I have yet to meet a meat eater who hates on vegetarians like the vegetarians hate on the meat eaters. It's about respecting others and not wincing or voicing your hate when we are ordering a big juicy steak with a salad instead of just a salad!

That's my 2 cents (personally I love the taste of meat too!)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Of course humans are food too. That's a daft argument. It's just most of our societies have laws set up against eating them. I find this unfortunate as there are quite a few right wing fundamentalists I would like to roast on a spit.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Because there is nothing better after clubbing an inncent seal than eating it after.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options

lol...THIS^^^^
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal. I figure because whenever I ask “why”, the silly carnivores almost always get offended.

So why?

And please remove all of the “I like my meat rare” answers. That stuff is just nasty.

It tastes great. Besides that...........I try to stay away from Soy.....As a vegetarian......How would you suggest getting 180+ grams of protein in without eating meat or soy? for around 2k cals?

XSport Fitness 100% Whey Protein - 60 grams for 3 scoops... egg whites for breakfast 12 grams... greek yogurt 12 grams ... assorted nuts 6 grams... protein bar - 30 grams ... fake meat substitutes 12-20 grams each... IDK how I do it, but I am over on protein everyday. I am pretty sure my diary is open if you are really curious and not just being a meany.

quorn products have protein and are not made with soy, I try not to overdue it on soy so these make a great alternative
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yet another topic where the correct answer is simply "BACON"
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    people probably get offended because you call them "the silly carnivores" dumbass
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Ok, now you're making me hungry.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think Dennis Leary says it best. "eating meat is an instinct, not eating meat is a choice"
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like to eat meat. But sometimes I eat some soy protein too. I grew up in cattle country. Eating meat was the norm. It not for everybody. Bless you:happy:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    If my woman doesn't eat the meat I give her I'm not staying with her plain and simple!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

So why?

quorn products have protein and are not made with soy, I try not to overdue it on soy so these make a great alternative

Seitan gets my vote! Similar nutritional profile to grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, versatile and delicious! No soy here!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Because I can is my answer.

My question to you is.
    "You don't put ANY meat in your mouth...ANY at all"?
    I mean ANY kind of meat at all!!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

She does look pretty damned tasty.

:happy: No need for the condiments if you ask me.