Carnivores – why?

Options

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Because what woman doesn't enjoy a nice big sausage between her lips???

Winner!!!! Creeper FR sent!!
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    they're made out of food.
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't eat animals because they are innocent... I might consider cannibalism, though. Pass the bath salts...

You clearly haven't met my chickens. They are AHoles. I'm glad to eat them.

I eat meat because it is tasty and good for me. Mine is ethically raised by me, and killed with kindness and respect (and I knife I suppose).
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think this is a troll post, but I'm going to give you a serious answer either way.

I grew up eating meat and I find it delicious, filling, and purposeful for my overall nutrition.

A vegan friend of mine once had my boyfriend watch a video showing some shockingly cruel procedures in support of giving up eating meat. I understand some of the meat in the grocery store is produced in horribly inhumane conditions for the animals while they are still alive, but that is a different issue regarding commercial production and doesn't really strike me as a good reason to give up eating meat all together.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Really a ridiculous question. Why would you possibly eat PLANTS then? Are they not living organisms as well? You have just chosen to draw your line somewhere else. And "dead" animals? Why not "dead" plants, then? Do you eat them while they're still growing out of the ground? I don't think so. I don't get what you're trying to achieve. I doubt that you have NEVER been given a "good argument, " you have been given GREAT arguments by the people that gave them, and believe them. Great for THEM, just not for you, so you then say it isn't valid. It IS valid to them, to you, not so much. You're really asking for someone to give YOU an argument YOU can agree with. Which most likely can't happen, since you obviously are opposed to it for various reasons.

It would be like saying "I'm male, but give me a good argument why I'm female." It can't be done, you already FULLY BELIEVE in your way of thinking.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    oh boy here we go
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    And well done causes cancer.

PLEASE be joking. I'll cry for months! :sad:

To the OP....because it tastes good....does there need to be another reason?
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am probably going to offend some, but it’s not my intention.

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal. I figure because whenever I ask “why”, the silly carnivores almost always get offended.

So why?

And please remove all of the “I like my meat rare” answers. That stuff is just nasty.

It tastes great. Besides that...........I try to stay away from Soy.....As a vegetarian......How would you suggest getting 180+ grams of protein in without eating meat or soy? for around 2k cals?

XSport Fitness 100% Whey Protein - 60 grams for 3 scoops... egg whites for breakfast 12 grams... greek yogurt 12 grams ... assorted nuts 6 grams... protein bar - 30 grams ... fake meat substitutes 12-20 grams each... IDK how I do it, but I am over on protein everyday. I am pretty sure my diary is open if you are really curious and not just being a meany.
    Morningstar Farms meat substitute is made of soy...
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    For the same reason you choose to live off veggies. Because we like it. There is nothing to argue about it, either you like something or you don't.

PS: by "we" I meant us omnivores, not "silly carnivores". You should at least know the difference.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Because my body is intolerant of gluten, my food choices are pretty restricted so I'm going to EVERYTHING ELSE I CAN. I will eat a dead moose.

Also, you will have to pry the bacon from my cold, dead hands.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of food? hmmm?

and again technically that makes you food too doesn't it? Hmmmm? You can jump on that spit as well, I am sure you would be just delish with some BBQ sauce and Malt Vinegar, topped with some coleslaw on a healthy whole wheat bun.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    *shrugs* Because I like it, it's yummy and I choose healthier cuts :) I try to source my meat as local as possible, bit more expensive but it's gooooooood.

I have a question - do you eat those fake meat things? Why do they shape them like meat products? If vegetarians are all about animals whatevers then why eat things named fake <insert meat>?
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    First of all, those of us who choose to partake in meat and also eat plants are omnivores. Carnivores only eat meat; house cats are carnivores. Check out their teeth some time.

I would feel more inclined to spend time writing you a lengthy explanation if your post didn't scream, "I don't really care about any of your opinions! I just think people who eat meat are stupid." So I'll present you with a simple answer.

Humans evolved eating meat. While I don't believe that humans should have meat as a main portion of their diets, some meats offer a good deal of easily used proteins which are essential for building muscle. Obviously some plants also have protein, but it is less easily accessible to the body than coming from another life form. So yes you can get by on being a vegetarian, but most people aren't smart enough to be vegetarians and not get malnourished.

Before you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I have a degree in zoology (humans are animals, believe it or not) and was a vegetarian for over 7 years. Maybe don't be so condescending with your posts if you're asking without an agenda (meaning when you aren't actually looking to find any information and just looking to try and prove other people wrong).

My cat is an omnivore. He eats everything. Especially my damn salads. Stupid cat.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    because animals are made out of food

we are made of the same parts animals are.............hhmmmm so we are food too now this I can get down with YUM. Put yourself on a spit and lets roast ya up ;P

bath salts

Nah I'd cook you first and that makes all the difference
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    FACT #2: SALAD IS WHAT FOOD EATS
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Save a cow...eat a vegetarian

PETA - People Eating Tasting Animals
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Humans have been surviving all through evolution by being meat eaters...there are health factors in the meat we eat. Our species survived this long, so it must be a good thing. Science just makes sense in my book!

This. However, that being said, I don't eat meat daily. Although I think there's no reason NOT to eat it, I also don't think there's a reason to go crazy eating it for 21 meals a week. It's bad for the planet and not too good for your health.
    Edit: during our evolution we didn't eat it super often so we shouldn't be eating it for every meal now.
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    [
    [/quote]

and again technically that makes you food too doesn't it? Hmmmm? You can jump on that spit as well, I am sure you would be just delish with some BBQ sauce and Malt Vinegar, topped with some coleslaw on a healthy whole wheat bun.
    [/quote]

Stop. You are making me hungry!
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Because I want to, slightly off topic but i saw this quote and thought of you

"Opinion is like a p*nis, yes its ok to have one and yes its ok to be proud of the one you have, but please stop waving it around in public and trying to ram it down other peoples throats"
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    circle of life!!!!