Carnivores – why?

Options

Replies

• akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my part in keeping the lesser species from taking over the world. Planet of the Apes was a direct result of an entire vegan society. *nods sagely*
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Because I'm at the top of the food chain and I'll eat anything I damn well please. Want a good argument? Here it is. It's my world, and the animals live in it so I shall eat them.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Humans have been surviving all through evolution by being meat eaters...there are health factors in the meat we eat. Our species survived this long, so it must be a good thing. Science just makes sense in my book!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I've been saving this for just such a thread. :happy:

357pvsm.jpg

LMAO love this!!!

My question is why not???
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm not a carnivore, but I can relate because I enjoy eating meat. It's fun, that's why.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    It put me through college...seriously, I didn't have to pay for my undergrad because my dad's meat distribution company did well enough that my college fund was full when I went to school.

Oh, and because it's delicious, gives me sufficient protein, and did I mention that it's delicious?
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i always wonder why people eat those pretty little plants and fruits that smell so good.....
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    357pvsm.jpg

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal.

Well, they dont like it when we eat them when they are alive. They move to much.:smokin:

LOL :laugh: Good point!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It tastes good, especially bloody! Plants taste like dirt to me.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am probably going to offend some, but it’s not my intention.

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal. I figure because whenever I ask “why”, the silly carnivores almost always get offended.

So why?

And please remove all of the “I like my meat rare” answers. That stuff is just nasty.

It tastes great. Besides that...........I try to stay away from Soy.....As a vegetarian......How would you suggest getting 180+ grams of protein in without eating meat or soy? for around 2k cals?

XSport Fitness 100% Whey Protein - 60 grams for 3 scoops... egg whites for breakfast 12 grams... greek yogurt 12 grams ... assorted nuts 6 grams... protein bar - 30 grams ... fake meat substitutes 12-20 grams each... IDK how I do it, but I am over on protein everyday. I am pretty sure my diary is open if you are really curious and not just being a meany.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I like to

133989711923.gif
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of food? hmmm?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I like sausage
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

I eat meat, but not as much as I used to. I go meatless on weekends for my own health and to lower my carbon footprint, but I eat it because we are naturally opportunistic eaters. As such, we would eat meat, albeit not often, if we were still running around in the wilderness. Granted, it would be super rare for us to take down something as big as a cow, so when I eat meat, I tend towards things like chicken. Our bodies are built to consume both meat and plants. Though it's possible, it is difficult to get complete proteins without eating meat.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    FACT: MY FAVORITE ANIMAL IS STEAK
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    We eat animals because they are made out of meat. I can't figure out why anyone would EVER eat a beet. Or a brussel sprout. Bleah.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    because animals are made out of food
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Because I just can't bear the idea of swooping down on some poor defenseless plant that lacks the mobility to attempt any form of escape, tearing it from the ground, deaf to it's tiny, agonized plant screams and them dismembering it brutally before eating it. That stuff just creeps me out. There's something wrong with those people.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of food? hmmm?

:heart: