Carnivores – why?

Options

Replies

• amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't eat animals because they are innocent... I might consider cannibalism, though. Pass the bath salts...
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Because what woman doesn't enjoy a nice big sausage between her lips???
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    If the Intelligent Designer didn't want us to eat animals, why'd he make them out of meat?
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Meat is a concentrated source of protein and other necessary nutrients, and is particularly good for many people who have bean/nut allergies, like me.

Meat is also the food that is credited for helping us develop our large human brain. When our distant ancestors began eating meat, in combination with a lucky genetic change that enabled the skull to become larger, we developed a well-tuned brain that somehow also gave us the ability to have a conscience about what we eat.

EVERY LIVING THING, except algae and some other one-celled critters, has to eat something else that either IS or WAS alive in order to survive. How dare anyone rip a perfectly healthy branch off of a living, breathing plant, after all!

But if you don't want to eat meat, fine. Don't. Just try not to take it personally that most of the rest of us humans (and our ape relatives) do.
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been saving this for just such a thread. :happy:

357pvsm.jpg

LMAO! I love this!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Bacon. It heals the wounds of the heart.
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    2k calories of spinach would give you 240g protein...Green leafy vegetable actually have a higher percentage of protein, they are just lower calorie so it takes more. Try making smoothies with loads of greens, I get plenty of protein no soy no meat. Also they make raw fermented brown rice protein powder to get even more (sunwarrior)

But in reality there is no need to consume such large amounts of protein, we have been misguided as that is what we need to be healthy, but if you want to "Bulk up" There are plenty of other sources. Good luck!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Because what woman doesn't enjoy a nice big sausage between her lips???
    Nice.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am probably going to offend some, but it’s not my intention.

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal. I figure because whenever I ask “why”, the silly carnivores almost always get offended.

So why?

And please remove all of the “I like my meat rare” answers. That stuff is just nasty.

It tastes great. Besides that...........I try to stay away from Soy.....As a vegetarian......How would you suggest getting 180+ grams of protein in without eating meat or soy? for around 2k cals?

XSport Fitness 100% Whey Protein - 60 grams for 3 scoops... egg whites for breakfast 12 grams... greek yogurt 12 grams ... assorted nuts 6 grams... protein bar - 30 grams ... fake meat substitutes 12-20 grams each... IDK how I do it, but I am over on protein everyday. I am pretty sure my diary is open if you are really curious and not just being a meany.

I do appreciate this response......I do know where to get protein from.....Although I do use protein powder when I need to I prefer to get my protein from food sources. The biggest source of that currently for me is meat. I think I would have a hard time meeting those same macros without eating meat.
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    This made me chuckle.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Why? Bacon, burgers, chicken, meatballs, turkey, shrimp, salmon, seared tuna, meat pizza...I could go on and on.
  • KettleBellHoe
    Options
    blooood thirsty creatures of the night ;)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for meat eaters, this photograph would never have been taken.

giant_cheeseburger.gif?w=450
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    because animals are made out of food

we are made of the same parts animals are.............hhmmmm so we are food too now this I can get down with YUM. Put yourself on a spit and lets roast ya up ;P
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    'Cos God made it meat flavoured I guess. Besides, all vegetarians are flatulent - it's a well known fact.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    because animals are made out of food

we are made of the same parts animals are.............hhmmmm so we are food too now this I can get down with YUM. Put yourself on a spit and lets roast ya up ;P

bath salts
  • hughesrl2011
    hughesrl2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First of all, those of us who choose to partake in meat and also eat plants are omnivores. Carnivores only eat meat; house cats are carnivores. Check out their teeth some time.

I would feel more inclined to spend time writing you a lengthy explanation if your post didn't scream, "I don't really care about any of your opinions! I just think people who eat meat are stupid." So I'll present you with a simple answer.

Humans evolved eating meat. While I don't believe that humans should have meat as a main portion of their diets, some meats offer a good deal of easily used proteins which are essential for building muscle. Obviously some plants also have protein, but it is less easily accessible to the body than coming from another life form. So yes you can get by on being a vegetarian, but most people aren't smart enough to be vegetarians and not get malnourished.

Before you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I have a degree in zoology (humans are animals, believe it or not) and was a vegetarian for over 7 years. Maybe don't be so condescending with your posts if you're asking without an agenda (meaning when you aren't actually looking to find any information and just looking to try and prove other people wrong).
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    From Wikipedia; Tooth:

The shape of the animal's teeth are related to its diet. For example, plant matter is hard to digest, so herbivores have many molars for chewing and grinding. Carnivores, on the other hand, need canines to kill prey and to tear meat.

and

The four canines in humans are the two maxillary canines and the two mandibular canines.

QED: Humans are carnivores as part of their omnivorous nature.

And it tastes good too...
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Ok, I am probably going to offend some, but it’s not my intention.

However, I just don't get it. There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal. I figure because whenever I ask “why”, the silly carnivores almost always get offended.

So why?

And please remove all of the “I like my meat rare” answers. That stuff is just nasty.

It tastes great. Besides that...........I try to stay away from Soy.....As a vegetarian......How would you suggest getting 180+ grams of protein in without eating meat or soy? for around 2k cals?

XSport Fitness 100% Whey Protein - 60 grams for 3 scoops... egg whites for breakfast 12 grams... greek yogurt 12 grams ... assorted nuts 6 grams... protein bar - 30 grams ... fake meat substitutes 12-20 grams each... IDK how I do it, but I am over on protein everyday. I am pretty sure my diary is open if you are really curious and not just being a meany.

Many of those help... but believe it or not, most whey protein mixes also contain soy. So do almost all protein bars. Eggs are also one of the 8 most prevalent food allergens.

Just because some can give up meat doesn't mean all of us can.