Replies

• PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    peach diet rite!
  • robinregina
    robinregina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    not really on my diet, but anyway REAL WHITE CASTLE HAMBUGERS/CHEESEBURGERS. i really missed those little things and please don't tell me about those frozen things. they will pass, but can't touch the real thing!!! o.k. i think i'll go in a closet and cry my eyes out now!!!! LOL
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Used to eat something called "Mutabbaq". I for the life of me cannot find it in US even in the arab dense area. I miss eating that.

Ful (pronounced fool) is another item that I cannot get here. Atleast not the good sudani version of it

I looked up Mutabbaq and oooh that looks tasty. I've seen ful around here, though I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. I'm near an Arab dense area too and I've never seen this Mutabbaq at least not on the restaurant streets.

Mutabbaq is a Yemeni dish and trust me, the picture does literally no justice to it.

I live bear Dearborn, MI which is supposed to have the most dense arab population out of mid east but even they don't have alot of things I have had in Mid-East

Ful here is typically made by lebanese or syrian which is basically jsut boiled chick peas and fava baens. Not very appetizing. The real ful made by Sudanese and Egyptians is sooooooo goood! OMG my mouth is watering just thinking about it. You get a bowl of ful-mudammas, put in some nice olive oil and some lemon on top of it and go to town with some nice tamees bread. YUMMY!!!!

Ah, I live near Dearborn too. I wonder if there is some place that sells the Mutabbaq down on Dix somewhere. That seems to be a more Yemeni area than on Warren.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    dunkaroos omg

OMG I found them a few years ago in my supermarket but my mother wouldn't let me get more than 2 boxes...I think I finished it in a few days too.

M&M crispy I used to love those damned things, I generally avoid M&Ms now.

Gooseberries (I can never find these in my supermarket!)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hmmm

Nestlé brownie cookie dough candy bars---sooooo good but oh so bad.

I got the choc. chip ones. The BEST EVAR :(

And the Almond Joy Bites. Not the hard ones, but the little Bites of candy you could just eat out of the bag, they are all gone now :(
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Vanilla, Planters Cheese Balls, The Mac Jr at McDonalds..... :(

Diet Pepsi Vanilla...R.I.P

So so sad :(
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    what are your yours?

mine are:

crispy m&ms

waffle crisp cereal

reese's with the cookie inside

I was ok til u mentioned the reese's... pretty sure I drooled... I also miss the white chocolate covered reese's.. hell I miss reese's period!:grumble: :grumble:
  • DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281
    Options
    I don't drink soda anymore but I used to LOVE Cranberry Ginger Ale. It's been gone for years though. :(
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    SOBE ADRENALINE. i miss it so much.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    marshmallow alpha bits lol
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Snickers marathon protein bars that taste like a snickers

those are in Walgreens if you have one nearby
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    fruit-string-things.jpg?w=450&h=309

No one I know seems to remember these but I had one in my lunchbox every day and they were AWESOME
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Lucky charms, these were discontinued in the UK years and years ago and I still crave them!

That is shameful, UK. :sad: Lucky Charms were my absolute FAVORITE when I was a kid. I laid claim to all of the marshmellows :devil:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Snickers marathon protein bars that taste like a snickers

those are in Walgreens if you have one nearby

They're not the same USUALLY--I've only ever found the trail mix type not the ones coated in chocolate.
  • k8little
    k8little Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I miss Little Debbie angel food cakes with raspberry filling!! Been off the market for over 10 yrs now but still miss them
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    not really on my diet, but anyway REAL WHITE CASTLE HAMBUGERS/CHEESEBURGERS. i really missed those little things and please don't tell me about those frozen things. they will pass, but can't touch the real thing!!! o.k. i think i'll go in a closet and cry my eyes out now!!!! LOL

Hubs would agree with you whole-heartedly (is that a word?) anywho..... There's no White Castle here in Washington - at least not that I know of.
    As for a lot of the cereals, and chips and sodas you guys are wistful about- I think I've seen most of them out here...

As for me, I miss a good Dr. Slice- it's like Dr. Pepper, but it was more "red" and slightly different taste - haven't seen it in YEARS, and most people haven't heard of it.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Burger Men!

I friggen love these so hard and can't find them anywhere!!
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Coconut Twix!!! i had them for only one precious moment and then the were gone! i still mourn the loss :sad:
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Nabisco Swiss Cheese Baked Crackers!!!!!!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda anymore but I used to LOVE Cranberry Ginger Ale. It's been gone for years though. :(

I have a bottle in my pantry! It is available here (MN) all the time!