Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• aliOop18
    aliOop18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9", the lowest I've weighed was 129 that was back in 2007 when I was 27 years old. I am currently 159 and am looking to get back down to perhaps 135-138 range. But I will have to reevaluate as I go. When I was 129 I didn't have much muscle, more slim than anything....so this time around. I would really like to have more muscle tone and definition. But I also am trying not to have a preconceived number in my head and try to go more by how I look & how my clothes fit.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    Wow, you're all much lower that what I thought mine should be. I appreciate all of your responses!

I am aiming for 160/165, which is 35/30 lbs lower than where I started at in January. We'll see where I feel best at, and who knows, maybe I'll push for lower or find my "happy place" somewhere higher.

I'm almost 5'8" and I am aiming for 165/170. I was 150 when I got married 18 years ago and just don't think I could maintain that again. I started at 223 in January, so I think 165-170 would be a HUGE improvement.

Thank you both so much for making me feel better. I'm almost 5'10" & I'd be thrilled to maintain at 165. I'm 175 right now & that was a lot of work so to be 165 with more toned muscle would make me so happy & feel so sexy :blushing:
  • asb46
    asb46 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-8", and also 53 years old and perimenopausal. The last time I weighed around 140 pounds (in my early 30s) everyone agreed, including me, that I was too thin. It depends on your frame size and hip proportion, but a healthy weight range for our height can be be as high as 165, which is my goal. I don't want to be skinny. I celebrate curves on a woman (and so does my darling husband). I want to be healthy and desirable. I'm desirable now, at 220 lbs, but not sufficiently healthy.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Dang, lol. I'm shooting for like 180. It's technically above the "healthy" weight, but I'm built thick. When I get there, I'll re-evaluate and see if I want/need to go any smaller.

Ditto!
  • cafqueen
    cafqueen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Initially set my goal at 150 but realized that 140 would be better. I also have wide shoulders and am heavy chested, 5'8" I'm a size 8 right now at 154
  • katiebug2812
    Options
    bump!
  • laurie0507
    laurie0507 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I'm an odd ball cause I'm aiming for a weigh most of y'all are starting out at! Lol I'm large boned with big breasts. My comfortable weight is 165. It's just too difficult for me to maintain a number lower than that.
  • Julyfly70
    Julyfly70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 165 so I can be in the normal range BMI. I don't remember when I was that size so I don't know if it's realistic for me. I'd be thrilled with 180. Whatever it is, I have to maintain it.
  • OdeToEmma
    OdeToEmma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is to have a BMI that isn't obese or overweight. I think that 160 lbs. is a realistic goal that I would be able to maintain without too much trouble.
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My SW is 296, so right now my goal is 199.

I would love to be between 168-173 which is what I was before having kids. Any less than that and I look like I'm sick.

I have huge hip bones -- and that was before having three children, I hope they haven't spread!
    Some of my patients used to call my "heifer hips" because my bony hips would stick out so much, just like a cow. lol I couldn't lay on my side because it hurt them so much.

I'll never be less than a size 10 just because of my hips. I remember being 5'7" and 129 pounds as a teenager and my 10's were baggy on my everywhere except my hips. :grumble:

SW 296
    CW 288
    1st GW 199
    Ultimate GW 273
  • losingitincollege
    losingitincollege Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    SW: 225
    CW: 191
    GW: 155 (December 2012 goal)

Ultimately, I would like to be toned and in a size 6/8. When I make it there the pounds won't really matter. Good luck to you all! :drinker:
  • Terika83
    Terika83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and age 54 in July. I have battled with my weight for some time but the best weight for me being a large boned person. My doctor and I have concluded my goal weight should be between 160 - 165 lbs. The key is to maintain a goal that is realistic.
    Work with your doctor and your trainer to see what is best for you to be successful.

Happy weight loss with fitness and wellness.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I would love to weigh 180 lbs. its recommended for large frames to weigh about 160, but I think that is too skinny on me. Realisitcally if I can see the 100"s again I would be sooo happy! 199 is still quite far away for me. Slow and stready...
  • angel924_2004
    Options
    I am about 5'9" with a larger frame and am aiming for around 155-160. This is the weight where I can comfortably maintain without having to constantly diet. I am pretty active and tend to put on muscle super easily, so I know I will never be a twig, just want to get back to a healthy weight :)
  • Frelise
    Frelise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 196 right now, but I'm hoping for 150. :)
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,8" and my 'realistic' goal is 170-180, my eventual goal is 140-145.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My first goal was 155. Now that I've hit that I feel I can get down to 145. I'm currenty 150, size 7/8.
  • Kath_21
    Kath_21 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 5'9-5'10 and my first goal weight is 160lbs but my ultimate goal weight is 140lbs.
  • HeatherLeahxx
    HeatherLeahxx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my stats are:

cw: 125lbs
    gw: 115lbs
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    im 5''8 and i want to be 9.5stone / 132lbs / 60kg! .. cant wait.. 10kg to go for me.. i've lost 6.3kg so far.. losing it slowly but i really hope i get to my goal weight! soon!!