Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 130 (starting weight 150) I got to that and was happy with it, but wanted more muscle, so purposefully "bulked up" to gain muscle (and fat) . Now my goal is 135, taking into account extra muscle.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I think one would be suprised. When you start getting to the normal -lower end of the normal range, you realize that your body stores fat in places that you didn't even see before. Like for instance, the area underneath my armpit where my bra used to dig in a touch doesn't dig in anymore. Or on your calves, or your forearms, or your neck or arms. It's the kind of thing where you think that "oh if I lost 30 lbs from my stomach I would be nonexistant!" But you have to remember that the weight comes from all over your body. From what I've seen on the forums, it seems like even people who think that they "have a large frame" actually don't but just don't realize that if they got to a low BF%, they are actually very narrow!

Reminds me of this article:
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

My cousin was saying that she is big boned and would never be narrow or a certain weight, and then when she was scrolling through this article she said "oh I look like that now" (at the before pic of the girl, implying that she is also big boned)... but then you scroll down more and you see that once she became fit, she was actually very tiny, not big boned at all!

Obviously I've never done research into the topic it's just what it seems like to me. Then again, women's hips def wider as we get older (experienced that one first hand!) so everyone's body is definitely different. Also depends on if your goal is to just be slender or to be at a low bf%/muscle-y :)

TBH, I'd rather look like her "before" picture. She's gorgeous both before and after, but the before is just my personal preference :)
  • rodakowe
    rodakowe Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm right in between 5'7'' and 5'8'' and I'm aiming for 120-123
  • NaomiRj
    NaomiRj Posts: 7
    Options
    Im 5'8 and currently 203lbs :( i had a baby 7 months ago and managed to put more weight on after giving birth. I'd love to get in to 160's, then re evaluate and hopefully make it back down into 150s xx
  • merrys73
    merrys73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I am thinking of a goal of 145. I would like to be actually under that, but with my frame I don't know if that would be like overly slim I guess. Good luck with your activity goals, etc!!
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 and I am 140 right now. I would just like to get more muscular, not lose weight so I guess my gw is 14 lol
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and 246 right now. Started here a month ago at 255. My first goal is to be 200, then 180, then 160.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I'm aiming for about 162lbs - I've been that weight before (and lower) and that's about the weight I feel most comfortable at.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I would like to be at 150ish. I am one that people are surprised at how much I weigh at 183 because I apparently carry it well..lol I just want to get rid of the flab and be healthy. Not so concerned with what I weigh just how I look.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    A fit 150, maybe 145 to 155. I'm currently at 173lbs.
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-8 and 140. I'd like to get closer to 135 but 140 seems to be my body's happy place. I recently got back into CrossFit so I'm excited to see what happens from that. At my heaviest (about 7 years ago) I was 170 and wore a 14. Now I wear mostly 8s.
  • SuperSonz
    SuperSonz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    first goal:180

second goal: 170

third goal: 165

and well toned
  • LaurahBerry
    Options
    i would love to be in 120's. 123-128. something like that. ;D
  • monovixxen
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 25 yrs old. I used to be 140 before I met my current bf and now I'm trying to get back down to that number!
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'' and aiming for somewhere between 150 and 160, maybe even 165. Anything less than that and I'd look like a stick - I want to be STRONG! I'm around 185 ish now and need to lose the flab and build some more muscles!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm currently around 165 but it is definitely too heavy for me. I would like to be about 140. :)
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8-ish, and my goal is 150.
    I think that may or may not change as I see myself change in the mirror, but for now, the goal is 150.
    :)

I'm currently at 190-ish, and my jeans size is 10, which is too much for me. I can't handle being in the double digits :(
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i'm 133 in my picture. my goal is 130

I WISH I looked like your profile picture lol but my goal is also 130 . . . . Ok I really want 125 :tongue:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    133 if i wanna retain all my lean mass and 18% bf
  • hessoftexas
    hessoftexas Posts: 32 Member
    Options