Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    5' 8 3/4" started out at well over 300 so for now I am just praying that I can get under 200. I haven't weighed under 160 since before high school. I lost 60 lbs from June to Nov last year and then stopped, I am trying to get back my motivation and discipline as I want to start losing again
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would like to 140lbs I think, a size 8 or a 6 would be nice.
    My lowest was 170 in high school but I was also fat back then too so I know I want to get lower than that. I'm 35 now and too old to be lugging all this weight around.
  • mashallej
    mashallej Posts: 39
    Options
    5'9 and would love to be around 145
  • journeywtops
    Options
    my goal weight is 165(per doc) would like 2 b 135 though
  • RyleeNoelle
    RyleeNoelle Posts: 361
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'8" and I'm aiming to ultimately be around 130 lbs, or just stop when I'm happy with my body. :)
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    145 ;-)
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8 1/2" and I weigh 148. At 160, I just did not like my belly because I gain all of my weight on my hips and belly while my arms and legs stay skinny. If my body fat was distributed differently then I may have a different goal. Being around 145-150 makes my stomach flat and my hips a better size. I like to keep my boobs though so I don't really want to be any thinner than this. I'm usually a 6 or sometimes 8 in clothes and I do run and lift weights so I carry muscle too. I think anywhere from 130-170 is a perfectly fine goal weight for this height depending on how your body carries weight and what you want to look like. Some people prefer to keep lots of curves and others feel they look better thinner. For me, being under 140 would mean smaller boobs and my husband is a boob man so I won't go that low! :wink:
  • Panda_Warrior
    Options
    I'm 1 inch shorter :D 5'7 and I want to be at least 160lbs... I am 285lbs now... I want to be muscular and slim down :D
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 5'9 - goal is around 160 to 165 pounds. I prefer a curvier look.
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My current goal is 170, I kinda pulled this number out of thin air. This is mostly because i have never been this small in my adult life. I may have been 11 or 12 the last time I weighed that little. I also never thought I would lose the 115 lbs it would take to get there. But now I am thinking more seriously about this goal and I think I will push past it. I would like to be in the healthy BMI range for my height so probably between 150-160. I am weight training so the tone and definition will play a big part in my decision to switch to maintenance. I might cry if I ever got into the 130's. For that seems impossible still. :)
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    5'8 with a starting weight of 189
    current weight 158

my original goal was 160, but I revised to 150 so as to be in the middle of the normal BMI range.
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and a half, and was a size 6 when I weighed 150...now I'm a size 16 and a hundred pounds heavier. I just want to get back down to an 8 or ten, so I'm goaling myself at 185 for now and I'll reevaluate then...
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i started at 353 im now about 242 my next goal is to get under 200 then 176 and see how i feel from there
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I'm also 5'8 and I have always been very thin even as a child so my weight is around 120. My lowest weight was 117 but it does tend to fluctuate. I am perfectly fine at my current weight but I just want to get toned so I can look sexier ;)
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am 203lbs, I would like to get to 126lbs.. EVENTUALLY! but I will settle for 140lbs

I am doing it nice and slow and hopefully the weight will stay off this time..

3 months and lost 16lbs - not as much as most people on here in that time, but I'm in no rush really..for me its about a lifestyle change, not a diet. I try and watch the calories and walk a lot.. seems to be working for me
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my ULTIMATE goal weight is 150. I was a size 5/6 at that weight. I'm first trying to reach a goal of 170 though! :)
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I'd like to be 160.

That being said though, I want a solid 160 with muscle. I run and am beginning to throw weights into the routine. I'm 190 now, so although my goal weight is a little higher than some here, I will be solid and that is important to me.
  • blackbowlerhat
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 1/2", and my goal weight is 150.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I posted this same question when I started MFP 3 months ago... my answer then was different... Now I am aiming for 136lb and I am pretty confident I can get there in time. The 3 months on here have done a lot in changing my attitude towards weight loss and food in general, i really love it here!

If anybody feels like it - feel free to add me, I do need more friends :)
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'7 and aiming for 150...based on my body type and bone structure...I can't see myself getting very thin...but who knows! I'm starting weight training soon also so I'll be happy to build muscle and burn fat...even if it shows a higher number on the scale!