Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• marmitegirly2
    marmitegirly2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 145 but to be honest, once I am in the size clothes I want I don't care what the number is! And at this moment in time, anything under 168 would be a start!
  • norariz
    norariz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're all much lower that what I thought mine should be. I appreciate all of your responses!

I am aiming for 160/165, which is 35/30 lbs lower than where I started at in January. We'll see where I feel best at, and who knows, maybe I'll push for lower or find my "happy place" somewhere higher.

I'm almost 5'8" and I am aiming for 165/170. I was 150 when I got married 18 years ago and just don't think I could maintain that again. I started at 223 in January, so I think 165-170 would be a HUGE improvement.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    5'8" with a wide frame, I'd like to be 140 pounds again.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm going for 160-170. I have never been "skinny", even since high school. I wasn't "fat" back then, I was about 150...size 9 or so. A size 9 would be awesome for me.

I think it's in the way I carry the weight. Most people think I'm 130-140 now, and I'm 192!!!!! Crazy they don't see it, I sure do.
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    I'm 5'7" (close enough) and my goal is 130 pounds, but I might lose more depending on how I feel I look at 130. Last time I was 130, I was 19, and I still wasn't totally in shape. I didn't have a lot of muscle either, so it's really gonna depend on how I look rather than my actual weight number. :)
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're all much lower that what I thought mine should be. I appreciate all of your responses!

I am aiming for 160/165, which is 35/30 lbs lower than where I started at in January. We'll see where I feel best at, and who knows, maybe I'll push for lower or find my "happy place" somewhere higher.

I'm almost 5'8" and I am aiming for 165/170. I was 150 when I got married 18 years ago and just don't think I could maintain that again. I started at 223 in January, so I think 165-170 would be a HUGE improvement.

I'm with you! I'm 5'7" and would like to weigh 160/165. I'm a big girl; big hands, broad shoulders and "thick". Got a little too thick there for a while! I have about 10 to lose but am going to start building muscle so we'll see where the "needle" falls then!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2", and aiming for 147lb because that's 10 1/2 stone, but may go down to 10 stone (140lb) if I can, I'll see how I feel/look when I get there. I'd love to be a UK size 12, so really once I get to about 147 it'll be all about the toning and the inches rather than the scale.
  • viki1123
    viki1123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and pear shaped.

SW: 225
    CW: 188.5
    GW: 175

Then we'll reevaluate. I weighed 150 when I was 16 and I'm 24 now, so you know.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm 285 now, down from 327 (ugh.. WHAT was I thinking???). I haven't been below 200 in 20 years, so right now just being in onederland would be onederful. I can re-evaluate at that time, but I'm thinking around 150-155.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I think one would be suprised. When you start getting to the normal -lower end of the normal range, you realize that your body stores fat in places that you didn't even see before. Like for instance, the area underneath my armpit where my bra used to dig in a touch doesn't dig in anymore. Or on your calves, or your forearms, or your neck or arms. It's the kind of thing where you think that "oh if I lost 30 lbs from my stomach I would be nonexistant!" But you have to remember that the weight comes from all over your body. From what I've seen on the forums, it seems like even people who think that they "have a large frame" actually don't but just don't realize that if they got to a low BF%, they are actually very narrow!

Reminds me of this article:
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

My cousin was saying that she is big boned and would never be narrow or a certain weight, and then when she was scrolling through this article she said "oh I look like that now" (at the before pic of the girl, implying that she is also big boned)... but then you scroll down more and you see that once she became fit, she was actually very tiny, not big boned at all!

Obviously I've never done research into the topic it's just what it seems like to me. Then again, women's hips def wider as we get older (experienced that one first hand!) so everyone's body is definitely different. Also depends on if your goal is to just be slender or to be at a low bf%/muscle-y :)
  • miniragtop
    miniragtop Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and was overweight for most of my adult life. My highest weight was 221 in 2005 and I'm currently 175.

I'd like to get to the upper 150's/low 160s. was in the low 150s for a short time in 2006 but I didn't like how thin my faced looked in the mirror and the fact that you could almost see my hip bones. For me, it's more about how I feel in my clothes and in my skin rather than anything else.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and my goal weight is 180. I got down to that weight a few years ago and was comfortably wearing size 8 jeans. Interestingly enough, I was on a site a week or so ago to calculate lean body mass and fat percentage, and it estimated my lean body mass at 145 lbs, and calculated my ideal weight at 183 if I maintain that. It's 20 lbs. over the weight chart recommendations for large frame, and right where I was already aiming.
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I set my goal weight at 130. I'm about 3 lbs away but now it's more about getting my body to look the way I want than the number on the scale.
  • carolanndekker
    Options
    Interesting thread -- I'm 5'7" -- close enough to 5'8" -- I've set my goal at 145. Recently gained about 20 lbs after a skiing accident that required hip replacement. Most of the last several years, I've been at 155 and was size 8/10. I'd like to get to 6/8 -- the pant size is much more important then the number on the scale. I also learned that if I can't get lower than 155 - I will appreciate that size and love myself and just focus on health! After gaining the 20 lbs and squeezing into my 10s and having to buy a few 12s...I realized how good I had it! Good luck to y'all -- and congrats to those who've done it.:flowerforyou:
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i'm 133 in my picture. my goal is 130
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be at 150 eventually, at the moment though hitting under the 200 mark would be awesome!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    5'8 with a viking frame, so I'm aiming for 160-ish. We'll see how I feel when I get there. I'm 182 right now in size 12 pants, and I just don't see lower than 10 happening in a healthy manner.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", my current goal weight is 160. I'm at 192 down from 260.
  • violabrooke
    Options
    I'm 5' 8 and 3/4', and my goal weight is 140. I'm almost there, and then will focus on building MUSCLE;)