Women's average THIGH and CALF size! What's yours?

Hi MFPals!

I'm trying to find the average thigh and calf sizes for women online and found nothing substantial to compare myself to. I am bottom heavy and my goal is to fit in regular rain boots but am unsure what the standard calf size is for women. I want a number to set my goals to! Here are my stats:

Calves: 14.25"
Thighs: 21"
Weight:117lbs
Height: 5'3"
Body fat: 24.5%

Stats from women of all shapes & sizes welcome! Thanks for helping a girl out!

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    5'9"
    135 lbs
    19% BF
    thighs - 21" at thickest part
    calves - 15" (from years and years of ballet dancing!)

I won't lie. I hate my thighs. But, since I'm close to my goal...... I like them more. I'm tall so they are long legs and they are not skinny, but they are pretty lean and muscular now. Would I like another inch off? Damn straight!! But, I'm wearing size 4 pants and the legs aren't too tight. So for now I'm ok with it.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    5'4

135 lbs.
    20.5% BF
    Thighs- 20.5
    Calves- 12.5

I hate my thighs, too. Lol!
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    I am 5' 5.5" and 144 lbs!

Calves: 14.5"
    Thighs: 20"
    Body fat: 24.3%

I love my legs! They are toned and very muscular! Always have been even at my heaviest weight!!
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    5'6

174 lbs
    Not sure on body fat apparently 27.1% from online calculators
    Thighs: 24"
    Calves: 15 3/4"

My calves are really muscley too, so guessing they will be staying around a similar size =]
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Thank-you lovely ladies! You're all beautiful and awesome!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    I'm 5'9

157 lbs
    23.7% BF
    Thighs: 23
    Calves: 14.5

My thighs are my nemesis. Every part of my body has shrunk down nicely and i'm seriously content or quite happy with everything BUT my thighs. They haven't budged over the last 20 lbs lost...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    141lbs
    calves 13
    thighs 21
    5ft 3"
    25% BF

Compared to your stats, mine arent that far off for weighing 141, proof that we are all different! I wouldn't compare myself to others as we all have different body shapes, etc. Maybe go to a good shoe store that sells boots and get fitted for size. When I was an emt/FF they fitted us with boots by measuring our calves, so maybe they would too?
    I've walked, run and biked over 550 miles since the first of the year so I barely have any fat on my legs, it's mostly in my tummy now. My goal is to lose 15-20 more lbs. I'm down 40lbs so far. :)
    Good luck and I hope you find some awesome boots, I'm sure you will!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    197 lbs

37% body fat

5'3"

Calves : 17"

Thighs (upper): 22.5"
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    First time I ever measured my thigh:
    5'2
    95 lbs.
    Calf: 11
    Thigh: 16
    BF: 20%
  • kiminikimkim
    138lb
    24% BF
    5ft 5"

Calves 15.5" (Below about 145lb they never really get any smaller - I had this thing when I was a kid for walking around on tiptoes *all* the time - it shows O_o )

Thighs 23.5" (Family thunder thighs :p )

@Whinchat:
    Me too! IN All my toddler pictures, I am on my tippy toes! I must've been toning my legs very early on. Too early, it seems!
  • kiminikimkim
    141lbs
    calves 13
    thighs 21
    5ft 3"
    25% BF

Compared to your stats, mine arent that far off for weighing 141, proof that we are all different! I wouldn't compare myself to others as we all have different body shapes, etc. Maybe go to a good shoe store that sells boots and get fitted for size. When I was an emt/FF they fitted us with boots by measuring our calves, so maybe they would too?
    I've walked, run and biked over 550 miles since the first of the year so I barely have any fat on my legs, it's mostly in my tummy now. My goal is to lose 15-20 more lbs. I'm down 40lbs so far. :)
    Good luck and I hope you find some awesome boots, I'm sure you will!

@ NolJustLookpr:

Wow! What a difference in weight between you (141lbs) and I (117lbs), yet we are the same size but you have smaller calves! That is proof indeed that we are all different!!! I definitely want 13" for myself. Boots are commonly 14" in the calf area.
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Here are mine...im on week 2 of p90x so I can't wait for some of these numbers to go down! :drinker:

Height- 5'5"
    Weight- 157.6 lbs
    Left thigh- 23.5 "
    Right thigh- 23 "
    Left Calf- 14.5"
    Right Calf- 14"
    BF- 28% (took the average of all three on fat2fit radio)
  • cyn4him
    cyn4him Posts: 83 Member
    Last measured... thigh 23.5 and calves 15. I am on level 3 of 30 day shred and will measure again when done.
    Oh. I am 5 foot 2. And have always had thicker thighs.
  • colpol1
    colpol1 Posts: 59 Member
    This post has made me feel better about my calf size, used to think they were huge but now I am thinking normal :) I still want them smaller, but hey ho, that will come in time ( I hope! )

I weigh 11 stone 6
    THIGHS: 26 :(
    CALF: 15.

Okay I never realised my thighs were so huge! =[ well this is the wake up call I needed.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    I'm 5ft3, 143lbs with 23.5 thighs and 13 calves!! Mine are pretty solid now due to running and playing hockey when I was younger! Don't think there's an average really but I do think genetics play a big part!
  • Emilina79
    Emilina79 Posts: 28 Member
    Hello Kimi!!
    Well here's mine:

123.6lbs
    calves 14"
    thighs 21.5"
    5ft 1"
    28% BF

My legs are very short, i'm sure my body is longer than them :-( My legs have toned up alot but haven't lost much fat :(

From what i've been reading stats are so variable i don't think you'll get an accurate average-or one you can work with. Maybe try online or google calve measurements and the type of shoe you'd like, see what comes up? x

PS you have done great job with your loss!!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Calves: 13.25"
    Thighs: 18.5"
    Weight:123lbs
    Height: 5'6"
    Body fat: don't know
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Calves: 14"
    Thighs: 20-21"
    Weight: 135-ish
    Height: 5'5
    BF: 20-22% by online calculators
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    5'2
    calves- 13"
    thighs-21"

23% bf according to an online calculator. I keep getting different answers on different calculators but this one is the highest.