Please guys don't try to pick up woman at Walmart (:

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I would honestly love if a guy tried to pick me up like this lol nothing wrong with some fitness bonding :) except just not at Walmart...

Ok...but lets think about this a second. Say...I'm your dream guy (I know...hush, this is hypothetical!). A chance for compatibility exists. I'm standing in wal mart looking at protein powder...see you, and go 'WOW!!'. I have two choices...let you walk away, and probably out of my life forever...OR...say hi.

Does it REALLY say I'm a complete d-bag...because I chose not to let you disappear without an attempt to get to know you? Would you rather not have that chance...just because its in wal mart?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If you're hot, you can definitely pick me up at Walmart. Or give me your phone# anyway. But wait until I move. I don't want to date anyone around here.
  • quinjacobs
    quinjacobs Posts: 10
    Options
    Is this the first time anyone has ever talked to you that wasn't female? It is possible he was just talking to you. And if he was trying to approach you to flirt, I don't think it's your kid that scared him, it was probably the fact that you seem to be a snob.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wallie-World is the modern Acropolis. You should look for falling romance along with prices at this great cultural hub.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I love it!

And for single moms, this is a great way to weed out the dirt bags who aren't "into kids". :wink:
    Not everyone who doesn't want kids is a dirtbag, sweetie.

That's right, honey.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    maybe i'm missing something but whats wrong with a guy showing interest here?

That's what I'm wondering too? Other than doing it in Walmart, what's the big deal? Guys got some confidence to walk up to an extremely attractive woman and start chatting her up. No kid with you...no ring on.....

Thank goodness.... I was starting to feel a little bad. I've been known to try chatting women up in stores. The chances are good that you'll get shot down but every now and then it works out okay.
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Is this the first time anyone has ever talked to you that wasn't female? It is possible he was just talking to you. And if he was trying to approach you to flirt, I don't think it's your kid that scared him, it was probably the fact that you seem to be a snob.
    QFT
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    But what if Wal-MArt is the most classy high tech store in town? And yah ok most are not pretty but every once in a while u see a diamond......But u must come with more game than that guy had, I agree. Perhaps he decided Wal-Mart was a bad spot to say Hi How u doin? u look nice today!! Wanna have some Coffee or get a drink later after ur work out? :o) maybe not such a good line but I go with honesty and not a line.... :happy:
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Solid advice.

An even better reason not to pick up at Walmart is because most women there seem like extras from the movie Deliverance.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    every time i go to walmart i see someone puke. if that cant turn someone off, im not sure what will haha.
  • Prahasaurus
    Options
    I frequently shop at Target. Please men, don't hestitate to pick me up, carry me out the door & throw me in the bed of your truck.

Now Target women, on the other hand, that's fair game.
  • Prahasaurus
    Options
    every time i go to walmart i see someone puke. if that cant turn someone off, im not sure what will haha.

Poor punctuation? ee cummings fetish?

OK, puke is still worse...

--Prahasaurus
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Walmart has protein powder?

Yes, it is usually in their nutrition/pharmacy section. Some trainers in this area suggest that GNC is better quality for that but I would not know that... TO the OP: Your reaction was CLASSIC... Love it. Great job.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    QFT

Ditto!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    True event that just occurred.

I went to Walmart to pick up a few groceries, I was in the aisle with protein powders and such. I needed some more whey protein and had a container in one hand and was reading the label off some other muscle building powder in the other hand. A guy walks up next to me....(I did not have my wedding ring on because I had been doing yard work today and forgot to put it back on.)

Guy: "Hey, you lift?"
    Me: "Yeah, I lift."
    Guy: Hmm, sooo what do you lift?"
    Me: "I lift a 2 1/2 year old....what do you lift?"

That was it for him, scared him off....laughed my *kitten* off. Don't try to pick woman up in Walmart people...please! :laugh:

Yes...clearly he should've known you were married with a child. How dare he spark up a conversation. :grumble:

Your attitude is why I don't flirt with women in public. I might read about my "audacity" in some forum online. SMH
  • nhga47
    nhga47 Posts: 118
    Options
    Ditto! No such luck at clubs. THey are drunk of their arses most of the time. At least at a grocery store there is a chance they might actually be sober! LOL
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I would honestly love if a guy tried to pick me up like this lol nothing wrong with some fitness bonding :) except just not at Walmart...

Ok...but lets think about this a second. Say...I'm your dream guy (I know...hush, this is hypothetical!). A chance for compatibility exists. I'm standing in wal mart looking at protein powder...see you, and go 'WOW!!'. I have two choices...let you walk away, and probably out of my life forever...OR...say hi.

Does it REALLY say I'm a complete d-bag...because I chose not to let you disappear without an attempt to get to know you? Would you rather not have that chance...just because its in wal mart?

^^This!! Personally, I don't see any problem with getting hit on in Wal-Mart...I would be flattered no matter where it occurred! Just because it's Wal-Mart, that shouldn't matter, a store is a store....
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    ok, then Krizzo, when can we meet sweet.... you know i would have catch an flight from Oz to see you...lol
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    @fire Aww...you're too nice to me!! You may even get me to believe all the nice things you say about me one of these days!!! :flowerforyou: