TOO MUCH FRUIT CAN GET IN THE WAY OF WEIGHT LOSS!

Options

Replies

• lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    All calories are not created equal so therefore CALORIES IN DOES NOT EQUAL CALORIES OUT.

Fruit is zero points on weight watchers. I'm not sure if that's the best method??
  • alovesopure
    alovesopure Posts: 610
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! :)
    Next time I shop I will grab the lower sugar fruits, great information
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    If I were to listen to every person who ever said something was not good for me, or would cause cancer, or some other illness, I would basically end up just not bothering to eat at all. It gets a bit ridiculous after a point, when something natural like fruit is being stigmatised as well. It doesn't take the brain of britain to work out that if you overeat most anything, it might cause weight gain. However, given that candy bars and the like usually have lots of extra things added to them and are processed in a factory, I would rather strive to have a few pieces of fruit a day, which I do. Better to follow one's own judgement or you will end up going stark raving mad from all the various sources claiming specific foods and drinks are bad for you, especially considering within weeks, there is often another article claiming the self same food or drink has some sort of health benefit. Talk about F'ing with peoples' heads.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Interesting info. Thanks for sharing this. I am more of a veggie person so fruits are not really a problem for me nor is sugar. I like to eat good fruit when it is in season, the rest of the year I stick to my veggies. I didn't realize bananas were so high in sugar. I do believe fruits and all the vitamins and nutrients they provide are far better than the sugar in sugar cane and beet sugar.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    how much is "too much"?
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Lately I've been making sure the fruit I eat fits into my sugar allowance.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Yup ... think this is prob true, at least for me. The last time I went onto WW - was with their new points plus ... and all fruits and vegies were 0 points and 'free' ... I think I prob over did it - yes I know moderation is key - however I could not lose weight like I had on WW a few years earlier, hence I found and joined mfp ... which seems to be working. And have also gotten lots of support from the 'mfp family'! Thanks to all!:flowerforyou:

In that case, you were probably eating too many calories in the fruit. A lot of the really yummy fruits are usually 100+ calories per serving, so that's very possible.
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    As lawd, guess I'm in trouble. I've been juicing watermelon and spinach (the best of both worlds - high sodium/high sugar.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Yup ... think this is prob true, at least for me. The last time I went onto WW - was with their new points plus ... and all fruits and vegies were 0 points and 'free' ... I think I prob over did it - yes I know moderation is key - however I could not lose weight like I had on WW a few years earlier, hence I found and joined mfp ... which seems to be working. And have also gotten lots of support from the 'mfp family'! Thanks to all!:flowerforyou:
    regarding WW - Yes some of the leaders are telling you that you can not eat all the fruit you want because this could definiely make weight loss slower. So what I do is I do not eat over 3 to 4 fruits and I deduct 10 points off the amount of points I use that day to make sure I am at a deficit.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deelovesvegas
    Options
    Absolutely ridiculous! People can't lose weight because they are eating highly processed foods, refined sugar (cookies, pastries, sugary cereals, sodas, etc.), too much meat and not enough of the right foods. If you stick to a natural whole foods diet consisting of fruit, veggies, whole grains...you will lose weight. I can eat up to 6 bananas a day, lots of apples and various other fruits. I weight 93 pounds! I'm not trying to lose, but when I started a plant based diet, I easily dropped 10 pounds. I eat more now than I ever have and have no problem maintaining my weight.

People that tell you to limit healthy food are setting a bad example.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just eat what I want - fruit and all.
    And then log it in the MFP diary. At day's end I keep my calorie count under goal.
    Simple deal.

And your tremendous results are very, very evident!
  • GoalByFifty
    GoalByFifty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    better than too many pretzels or chips....
  • benjit_t
    benjit_t Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I second that. How much fruit would you need to eat to blow your diet ? There's few options better than eating lots of fruit and vegetables for your general health as well as satiety. Your trainer thinks that just because foods that are high in sugar are a bad choice for dieting, therefore ALL foods with sugar are bad for dieting. This is not logical.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    FRUIT FEAR MONGER!!!!!!
    D=
  • aradalj1
    aradalj1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned Freelee?

http://freeleetv.com/

she doesn't look fat to me...
  • sensualmess
    sensualmess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    All calories are not created equal so therefore CALORIES IN DOES NOT EQUAL CALORIES OUT.

Fruit is zero points on weight watchers. I'm not sure if that's the best method??
    All CALORIES are exactly the same. Calorie is a specifically defined measure of heat. One calorie of any food is exactly the same as one calorie of any other food. Calories and nutrition are two different concepts.