Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Found some motivation: I WANT MY NAME ON THE LOSER'S LIST!!!!
  • Steffinana
    Steffinana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    heyhey =)
    is it still possible to join this challenge? i need some motivation =)
  • lauravenhaus
    Options
    Hi there - we were out of town so I'm checking in late... even with going on a "Taco Tour of Texas" I still managed to lose two pounds. Yay!

SW: 195
    CW: 191
    GW: 180
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am down another 1/2 pound---so happy, have been working hard and the scale has not moved for a month and a half, so a full pound this week ;)

Week 4
    - Eat in 6 out of the 7 days this week. Try to avoid EATING OUT!
    will be easy as I pack a lunch to work and don't eat out much since we have had kids
    - Add some WEIGHT TRAINING to your workout routine if you don't already!
    honestly have to say that this won't happen. I REALLY DO NOT LIKE weights. The closest I come is yoga
    - Pick one day and PAMPER yourself.
    my pamper day is tomorrow which will be hot yin yoga--to me it's my version of a massage. Can't wait to go and destress!!!
  • bleistiftspitzer
    bleistiftspitzer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats biggest losers! Wooh! That is some real motivation. Going to work out right now.
    There are a bunch of marshmallow cookies that my family has been snacking on lately, and I'm trying my hardest to resist. I was going to eat some, but then I saw they were 120 calories per cookie!

Looking at the spreadsheet, it turns out we want to lose over 1000 pounds. How awesome would that be if we could accomplish that? I'm putting forth that challenge to the challenge (err, yeah), lose those 1000 pounds. We're already 188.3 pounds there :D
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty creative in the kitchen and I love to try new things. I was surprised that I did not think of this myself! But... try using hummus rather than mayo in recipies. You can make tuna or chicken salad with it, you can make a 'taco dip' type salad with it... How could I not have thought of this on my own. DOH!!!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats to our biggest losers!!! I want to be on there one week!!! Determination is setting in!!!

Also have to say congrats to each and every one of us - do you realise we've lost 188lbs between us all in only 3 weeks?!?! Thats an amazing achievement!!! So well done everyone, keep up the great work!!

My challenges are going good so far, got my weights back out of the box for the first time in about a month the other night and it felt great!!
    Off to stay with friends this weekend but will try to convince them to eat in tonight and only go out for dinner/lunch tomorrow.
    Tomorrow I think I'll be pampering myself anyway with funtimes and drinks with the girlies!! Cant wait - it's just what I need!!!
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty creative in the kitchen and I love to try new things. I was surprised that I did not think of this myself! But... try using hummus rather than mayo in recipies. You can make tuna or chicken salad with it, you can make a 'taco dip' type salad with it... How could I not have thought of this on my own. DOH!!!

Thats an amazing idea!!!! I know what I'm having for lunch next week!!! Thanks! x
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Anyone can join whenever :)
    The sheet is updated
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I went over on my calories yesterday, but I was really hungry!! I don't know if it was the change in weather or what. The days before it was super hot and I didn't feel like eating, but made myself snack. So, I am thinking that might be it.

I didn't get my workout in yesterday either, which could be one of the reasons I was over. My recovering sprained ankle was aching all day and required alot of elevation and ice.

It is just one day, so I am not that concerned. I will just start today fresh and go on from there. So far, it has been a great day for eating and I am planning to keep it that way.
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:
    - Eat in 6 out of the 7 days this week. Try to avoid EATING OUT!
    - Add some WEIGHT TRAINING to your workout routine if you don't already!
    - Pick one day and PAMPER yourself.

-I ate out only once this week so far!!! I have been forcing myself to cook at home and it feels great!
    -Planning to do some weight training today!
    -Going shopping today to buy some new clothes!
  • go2anderson
    go2anderson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at 221.8 today losing over 2lbs since Tuesday! I'm very happy with progress...over 10 lbs lost since joining MFP several weeks ago.
  • go2anderson
    go2anderson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So I just checked the spreadsheet...very cool. Our group has already lost almost 200 lbs collectively!!! Thats like a whole person... :)
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I need a challenge to help me get back on track. I will get on the scale tomorrow morning and start with the challenges then as well.
  • bevjones350
    bevjones350 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    can i still join
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    All I need is your start weight for the challenge and how many pounds you want to lose by August 28th
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I am back from the weekend. Started to get back on track with eating yest, and even went for a jog. Did my eating out once yesturday and will be grabbing lunch out again today, but today I am getting a subway salad - so quite healthy. I am hoping my weight will be down from last week, but will still be up from the gain of last week. I need to get focused so I can get below that 150 mark.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    All I need is your start weight for the challenge and how many pounds you want to lose by August 28th

Starting weight today (Monday June 25th): 149.6 pounds

How many pounds I want to lose by August 28th: 9 pounds

I will start the challenges when the next set are posted.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Tomorrow's the next weigh-in! How will we do?!

New Challenges:
    - Challenge yourself to 50 PUSH-UPS for the week (if 50 is too easy for you or isn't practical, pick a more achievable but still challenging goal)
    - Pick one of your NUTRIENTS that you track and have difficulty with (besides carbs - so protein, carbs, sodium, etc.) and work at getting better at hitting goals/staying under maximums
    - Share some time with SOMEONE YOU LOVE
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in! :D

SW:176.4
    W1:172.6
    W2:172.6
    W3:170.9
    W4:169.3
    GW:154

I lost 1.6 lbs! But I'm going to have a bad week :s I'm going to Portugal and won't be able to log there... :s I'll do my best!