Strangest Thing You Ever Seen At The Gym

Options

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    There are these two brothers who go to my gym and they both dress up like Indians (homemade of course, lots of beads and looks like some kind of crazy baggy animal skin pants and belly shirts). On top of this they walk around and yell 'YEAH' most of the time they are there.

ok... this one might come close to beating out the parrot..
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    this guy was hanging on the pull up station but he wasnt doing pull ups. He was like.... doing the worm... but hanging. I'm not sure what it was for.... but he does it pretty often when I see him at the gym... It is pretty strange.

ANyone have any idea what that could have been?

Kipper pull ups, if it looks like a worm movement....
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Theres a guy at our gym, he's there "working out" every time we are, he usually logs about 10 miles on the treadmill, its how he does it thats so funny though, he starts the treadmill, put his feet on the sides, backs off, then lets the treadmill just go while he watches it, when he's ready to stop, he gets back on, stops the treadmill, and then snaps a photo of the console. Its amazing! 10 miles and he doesnt even break a sweat!

You are never as awesome as your facebook page says you are.
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    While walking on the treadmill at the gym tonight, I saw a man working out with his parrot on his shoulders. A staff person called the gym owner and the guy was asked to leave.

What is the strangest thing you ever seen at the gym?

It ain't easy being a pirate. Aaaaargh!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sad But True:

I was on the elliptical next to a tread mill. We were both minding our own business and working out hard. The guy next to me was running his @ss off. Suddenly I hear a loud noise coming from that direction (like the sound of weights being dropped). I turn to my left to see this poor guy draped over the treadmill display.

I asked him if he was okay (as he grunted "Yes") and I asked him "What happened?"

Turns out that the treadmills were known to malfunction - and a sign was quickly posted after this - that they might "turn off without warning". Apparently the poor guy was running full spead and the machine abruptly turned itself off......and he ran right over the display.

Outch!

Sorry but made me laugh.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Last week I saw a little tiny girl bench pressing a TON of weight, but only going (optimistically) less than half way. And it was intentional, because she added weight and continued doing weird half presses.

Board presses maybe without the board?
    There is a group of about 8 guys and 1 girl who all bring milk jugs full of water then they have 1 friend who brings something red in his. (maybe not that weird but its weird to me)

I bet it's gatorade or maybe a pre-workout like Craze or something.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A guy walking on the treadmill in jeans and a long leather coat. That was weird to me.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I filmed this at my gym last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxn0BYvIthI

Okay, not really. It's one of my favorite youtube vids though.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that there are ways to use a machine in a way that it's not traditionally used (ex: calf workout on a leg press) but I don't quite know WHAT this is helping?
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I used to belong to a somewhat upscale gym. It was in an office building. To get to the doors one could take an elevator or walk the stairs. How many, do you suppose, took the stairs?
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I was in the locker room after my workout when an older woman, short and stout comes barging through totally naked and heads for the hand dryers which were mounted higher and she proceeds to dry her hair under them ... ok, not too wierd. I take a second look thinking she might have put on some clothes before drying her hair when I notice a giant kotex crammed between her legs sticking out beneath her butt crack. Ewww ... the image burned into my brain forever!

Anyone know how to unread something? Anyone?
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Someone doing proper squats. Was very strange.
  • BahamaMama77
    BahamaMama77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not really something I saw but...

My brother once claimed he couldn't work out because he just had his hair cut next door to the gym. So he stood there and talked to me while I was working out. lol
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    A guy, built like J. Wellington Wimpy from Popeye, tucking his undershirt into his tighty-whities. :noway:
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    A 40 something year old lady in a 1980's leotard with the thigh high cut legs. Bare legs except the leg warmers she was wearing. Hair in a pony on top of her head with a "scrunchie"....... I thought for sure I was on candid camera. Nope. She was just there working out...
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    While walking on the treadmill at the gym tonight, I saw a man working out with his parrot on his shoulders. A staff person called the gym owner and the guy was asked to leave.

What is the strangest thing you ever seen at the gym?

While running on the treadmill, I watched as an elderly woman came in and plopped herself down on the bicycle with her McDonalds dinner and coke in hand. She rode the bike while eating and I laughed and shook my head while watching. Next thing I knew she came over and joined me on the treadmills. Of course there were about 10 treadmills open all around me BUT she jumped on the one RIGHT next to me smelling like French Fries.

I no longer judge people when they come into the gym for fear I will be working out next to them and regret my thoughts. Lol!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sad But True:

I was on the elliptical next to a tread mill. We were both minding our own business and working out hard. The guy next to me was running his @ss off. Suddenly I hear a loud noise coming from that direction (like the sound of weights being dropped). I turn to my left to see this poor guy draped over the treadmill display.

I asked him if he was okay (as he grunted "Yes") and I asked him "What happened?"

Turns out that the treadmills were known to malfunction - and a sign was quickly posted after this - that they might "turn off without warning". Apparently the poor guy was running full spead and the machine abruptly turned itself off......and he ran right over the display.

Outch!

This is TERRIBLE, but I can't stop laughing! I wish you had a video! :laugh:
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sad But True:

Outch!

I had a treadmill at home that did that to me once! I laughed my *kitten* off for hours! I can only imagine how embarrassing in a gym. Thankfully for me it was just me and my kids who saw me... then again, my kids still tease me! lol
  • rmrpender
    rmrpender Posts: 16
    Options
    During a pump class, someone walked over to their gym bag and started eating a protein bar. Another time, during step aerobics, a person went to speak to the person behind her . She stood around speaking to the person who continued doing the class. Also texting during Pilates
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    definitely have to bump this for some laughs later! :laugh:
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    On the weekends at my gym, there's this girl that comes in, who rolls with her White Ducati bike. Funny thing is, when she's on the stationary bike or treadmill, she actually wears her white helmet while working out.

This one cracked me up!