Strangest Thing You Ever Seen At The Gym

Options

Replies

• KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Girls working out in heels. :huh: Not sure I'd get the best workout if I had to worry about breaking an ankle on the treadmill..
  • kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Strangest thing I've seen at a gym...as I was leaving one day, upon exiting the men's locker room, I noticed an elderly Japanese man walking up and down the hallway stark naked! Apparently, completely unmindful of the fact that the group exercise room which had windows opening on the hallway was in session with an aerobics class loaded with women and young teens. Just then a young Japanese/American man entered the hallway and the elderly man shouted something at him in Japenese, grabbed the young guy's towel and went back into the locker room. The young guy looked at me with a shocked expression and said "That guy just stole my towel!" I asked what the man said. The young man said he had no clue, he didn't speak a word of Japanese.
  • mrswarrick
    mrswarrick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    going over the treadmill shouldn't be funny but it reminds me of a time in college I was at the gym on the treadmill and this guy came over and got on and was trying to impress me. He was chatting me up and bumping up his speed until he was going fast. I was like wow you're going really fast...so he bumped it up some more and then fell right off the back. Totally killed his game. :)

I was also the person who smoked after leaving the gym and as that person I would think to myself why they hell am I smoking after leaving the gym. I was addicted it was really hard to quit but I did! Smoke free over 10 years! :)
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Theres a guy at our gym, he's there "working out" every time we are, he usually logs about 10 miles on the treadmill, its how he does it thats so funny though, he starts the treadmill, put his feet on the sides, backs off, then lets the treadmill just go while he watches it, when he's ready to stop, he gets back on, stops the treadmill, and then snaps a photo of the console. Its amazing! 10 miles and he doesnt even break a sweat!

Wow, that's kinda sad really
  • BreanneMG
    BreanneMG Posts: 42
    Options
    This *buff guy* was using the over head bar thingy (no idea what things are called) but he added to much weight to the machine and he pulled the bar down only to have it fall back down lifting him right into the air.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There's one girl who comes every Tuesday and Thursday. She goes to the same stationary bike and as she is pedaling vigorously, chews the heck out of her gym towel. It's so gross.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I used the co-ed campus gym this year at college .. there was this chick who would come in and walk on the treadmill in four inch heels .. not only was I half amused/afraid to watch but it made an awful noise too.. think she got kicked out after a few days though.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Some old man would rubberband sponges to the handles of the elyptical machine he worked on! Me and my old work out buddy were just flabergasted by that! Like do your hands sweat that much?! EWWWWWWW!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Just yesterday was a lady wearing skin colored leggings on the treadmill. At first glance, I thought she had no pants on :noway:
  • BitofFit1819
    Options
    A couple of years ago I saw a man on the treadmill with a Cherry Slush Puppy in the cup (WATER) holder! I thought that was a pretty strange combo. What made it more odd was that he was jogging...not just doing a slow stroll. He would grab the drink every couple of minutes and take a long draw of the red, icy beverage! :)
  • MissMarley137
    Options
    HA! I hope that actually was a reference to that song and I'm not just imagining things. But that's how I read it and it cracked me up here at work. Turned a couple heads....

**EDIT: Forgive me folks, I'm new to this posting thing.... that was supposed to be in response to a comment and not the whole dang thread.**
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    The parrot outdoes the strangest I've seen. That's just bizarre!

There used to be a creepy guy who kinda looked like an overweight version of Jack Nicholson, complete with the crazy eyes and extra wide smile. He always seemed to be in the gym whenever I came in and he would still be there when I left... He would wander around and there never seemed to be a pattern to his exercises. At that point, I was bodysculpting so I hit the weights with purpose, did what needed to be done and left.

The only time he ever spoke to me, he asked if I could spot him for a bench press. I had just finished my set so I agreed. He flopped down on the bench. I moved into position to spot. He grabbed the bar but didn't even attempt to lift it. Instead, he dropped his hands and said "Never mind" and got up and went to the locker room. From that day forward, when I saw him at the gym, he pointedly avoided me.

Like I said, I lifted with purpose so it wasn't an issue... just bizarre...

I think he got exactly what he wanted, not to be gross but he got a great view and headed to the locker room to "take care of it"...there is a reason he seemed creepy to you HE IS.
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anything strange yet, but I work out super early in the morning.

My sister is a trainer at Chelsea Piers in NY and she said a certain celebrity (an actor who I choose not to name since it's not my story) come in and do some strange things. One time he came in, picked up a basketball, ran 1 time around the track just holding it. Then put it back on the rack and left.
  • twinkim
    twinkim Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a personal trainer and group fitness instructor. I've seen a lot of weird stuff in the gym (not as weird as the parrot). Probably the weirdest was the guy who came to Body Pump class in a shiny purple singlet (the little suit wrestlers wear), and not much else. Of course, he took his spot in the front row. Very distracting.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I saw this guy in his late 40's who puts his weights back, wipes the sweat off the machines he uses and doesn't try to chat everybody up...................Weird!..................oh wait I was looking in the mirror
  • babesintow
    babesintow Posts: 59
    Options
    Jersey Shore look a like....it was hilarious! I don't know he really thinks their hair looks good like that but to each their own (he looked like the one who combs it straight up ...Pauley D???)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I saw this guy (dressed in tight jeans, a belt and a wife beater) doing arm curls on the preacher bar. However, the weight was so heavy I thought his head was going to explode every time he did a rep. His whole face would turn beat red and you could see the veins popping out of his forehead. He would also let out this massive moan. Not only that, but the weight of the bar would pull his body up and his butt was all the way off the seat and a couple times I thought the tremendous weight of the bar was going to pull his whole body over the front of the preacher bench and onto the floor head first. I swear he was trying to curl like every 45 pound plate in the whole gym :laugh:
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You guys have me LOL! I look like a crazy person laughing at my desk.
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I went to the locker room to use the washroom. As i walk by I catch someone out of the corner of my eye on the weigh scale. Back was turned to me so i couldn't really tell but Man! This "lady" had some manly looking legs and "she" was huge! I was a little concerned so just stood there to see what the reactions of the people around me were. There was probably 4 other women in the change room. They all looked a little disturbed too. I left the change room and found a lady that worked at the gym. I actually interrupted her conversation. She knew something was really wrong just by the perplexed look I had on my face. I said "I think there's a guy in the ladies change room". Sure enough, we walked back in there and there he was...still on the weigh scale. She approached him, told him he was in the ladies change room and he says "How do i get this scale to work?" LOL the lady proceeds to tell him how to work the scale and they start talking about Body mass index! Hello??! Meanwhile, people are waiting to change! we still laugh over this.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    There are these two brothers who go to my gym and they both dress up like Indians (homemade of course, lots of beads and looks like some kind of crazy baggy animal skin pants and belly shirts). On top of this they walk around and yell 'YEAH' most of the time they are there.

Isn't that Lil Wayne?

Lil Jon.