No More Excuses - Week Two

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Kim, what is about chocolate chips. I found them again today and I started eating them, then like you I shared them with my kids just to get them finished off. It didn't mess with my calories but WTH???
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Kim, that is not fair, so just shushhhhhhh!!! LOL I still have 1 hour and 13 minutes!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I have a couple of questions for anybody who has a minute. MFP has my calories set at 1,500 a day before exercise. My current weight is 183. Does that sound about right or too high? As your weight comes down, does your recommended caloric intake come down or do you need to do a reevaluation of some sort? Thanks for the help.

I think 1500 is perfect. I am at 155ish and can lose weight on 1500 calories although I try not to eat too many of my exercise calories.
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Kim, that is not fair, so just shushhhhhhh!!! LOL I still have 1 hour and 13 minutes!

Oops...sorry!!! Thank goodness I am bad at names and couldn`t remember to type it in!! I hope the next hour goes really fast for you!

I`m supposed to be going to bed because when I don`t get 7 hours a night then I can`t handle my food cravings...hence the chocolate chips! So goodnight to everyone (I think I`ve done enough posting anyways).
    Kim
  • kdsmith
    Options

Well, we got results from my dh's tests. It was good news in that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. We have another hump to get over this morning as he had more blood work done last night and will get the results at his appt this am. Please pray for the best! FORGET THE FEAR, FIND THE FAITH!!!!! Hey......that motto works for weight loss too! One of my employees told me that the other day when it was so tuff with the waiting and all. I have adapted it, and now realize it doesn't fit for just when you are scared to death, but in anything you set out to do!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

With all the stuff going on, my oldest who came home to be with us during this trying time, said, "How about I go get sonic?" EGADS!!!! I was so proud of myself.....I told him if he would do that for him and his brothers that would be great, but don't worry about me, and along with everything else, my dh had 3 teeth pulled yesterday so couldn't eat either. When we got home they all said, mom we have an extra hamburger if you want it. I managed to get out a "No thanks!!! " YIPEE!!!! Found my way to a baked potatoe!

Well....here is to everyone having a super duper day and smart decisions.

sorry - not quite done posting as I really wanted to say that I hope your dh`s results turn out ok.

xx Kim
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Sweet dreams, Kim!!!
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Hope your all having a good week. Midday Wednesday for me - half the work week is over woohoo!

Last night I went for my weekly dinner with friends and usually it's my cheat meal and I go over on calories but we had a hot pot soup that was deliciously low cal and warm so thanks to my early morning run I could even have a couple of glasses of wine and still be within my cals hurrah! It kinda makes up for how awful the run was in the cold and wind.

I am trying to see if I can join the gym in a nearby hotel as I think I will struggle to stay committed unless I find a warmer way to exercise. However tonight I am doing Filthy Fifties, a challenge some friends and I are doing - 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, 50 lunges, 50 squats, 50 second plank and worst of all, 50 burpees! :noway:

RE Biggest Loser - I just got into watching it but we are a season or maybe even 2 behind here so I am totally out of touch with it. I do enjoy watching it though.

Keep up the good work everyone!

PS. Naokoheart I hope you have a better day today :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Okay you got me, what is a burpee. Surely you don't burp 50 times! :noway: :laugh:
  • amaline
    Options
    I have a couple of questions for anybody who has a minute. MFP has my calories set at 1,500 a day before exercise. My current weight is 183. Does that sound about right or too high? As your weight comes down, does your recommended caloric intake come down or do you need to do a reevaluation of some sort? Thanks for the help.

I weigh 176 and am on 1200 calories a day ... I think it depends on what goals you put in for your weightloss as to what MFP sets your limit at?? I played with mine a few times and can't remember what I put now. I ALWAYS eat at least half my exercise cals though, no way I can only eat 1200 a day - it's good incentive to exercise!
  • amaline
    Options
    Okay you got me, what is a burpee. Surely you don't burp 50 times! :noway: :laugh:

hehe no but this did give me a funny mental image!! :laugh:

Basically you start standing, bend down and put your hands on the ground, jump your legs out behind you so you are straight - kinda like push up position - then jump your legs back in and then jump in the air. I HATE them! But they do get your heart rate racing
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone...Thanks to all for the advice on my calorie intake. I started last Thursday and have stayed within my calories each day without eating too many of my exercise calories. Now if only the scale will start moving. I did my measurements the day I started and I thought I'd check them on Sundays when I weigh in. Maybe I'll lose inches even if I don't lose pounds. I have to see some kind of progress or I tend to quit. I made it to the gym again this evening. I'm trying for 3 days a week at the gym where I do the bike and Nautilus machines and 3 days a week on my couch to 5K program. I exercise at most 45 minutes at a time so hopefully I can stick with it. Our group is really helping my motivation!!

Amaline: Sounds like you are doing great on your 5K program. I have to use my treadmill on cold days. I just can't breathe good in the cold air. I'm sticking with week 4 for at least another week. By week 5 I have to be able to run 20 minutes consistently and I'm just not ready for it yet.

Sleep well everyone. See you tomorrow.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't have chocolate chips but I did have congratulatory cake!! I finished my BSB/A today!!! So excited.. many years in the making - but not only did I have the cake but I enjoyed a glass of wine. Ugh.. and no exercise - had to work late.. so sad.

Okay, tomorrow is a new day and I will make up for it.

Love the support here! Thanks guys!!

I will do push ups though, can't waste the entire day!

No excuses!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options

hehe no but this did give me a funny mental image!! :laugh:

Basically you start standing, bend down and put your hands on the ground, jump your legs out behind you so you are straight - kinda like push up position - then jump your legs back in and then jump in the air. I HATE them! But they do get your heart rate racing

By far my most hated exercise... I'd rather run in circles.. ugh! Have fun with them!! I do suicides instead when a work out calls for them.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    YEAH! Congratulations on finishing your BSB/A!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I did great yesterday, I really feel like I am back on track and I am going to fight hard to stay there, and get the weight I have gained back off and then lose some more!!! I am up and at it already and doing great so far. I hope everyone has a great day :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Here where I live it is now 6:20 am on Wednesday morning so we are on half-way day of the week.. Evaluate what you have done this week, if you are happy with it great, if not try harder.

BRING IT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all! Off to a great Wednesday morning. Have a meeting this morning which should be fun....NOT!!!!! Oh well, it will be learning I'm sure.

I actually did my wall push ups last night and thanks to Amanda, I did them in the shower this morning! YIPEE!!! I'm a little sore this morning from my 1 mile last night, but that is okay. No Pain, No Gain!!!:glasses:

So far only had my coffee. Off to make my cinnamon toast here in a bit, and maybe a yogurt!

Another thing I am trying is to get more of a work out at work! Physical instead of mental!! HAA:laugh:

Instead of letting things pile up to take into another office or whatever, each and every little excuse to get up and out of my office I am taking advantage of! Every little step can add up. Also, we park our cars about a block away (we are a small town) and then walk in.

I am still excited and motivated and I know it is all of your positive support. Thanks Guys! We Can Do This!!!! Have a Happy Wednesday!:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Just got back from the gym, my sister was sick so our friend Courtney went with me and we both sign up for a month. It was great, what a learning experience. First off I don't know how to use hafl of their machines and while the lady there was extremely helpful, I am one that has to do it, to learn it. I used the treadmill, the elliptical and the stair climber. Then Courtney and I messed around with medicine balls, weights and did ab exercises. We are going again to tomorrow. :smile:
  • Samantha1987
    Options
    Amaline - burpees are tough. I did the biggest loser DVDs in the past, Julian LOVES those. I barely did, 10 at a time, lol.

Let us know how you do.

P.S. Keep it up guys, week is almost over! :happy:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon...I am at one week now and still have only lost 1 pound. I went back to my assessment page and changed my daily activity level to sedentary since I sit and type all day. I originally put that I had light activity (I think). This cut my calories to 1,350 a day plus exercise calories. I'm going to see if I can do that and notice any difference. Today is my jogging day. It is raining here so I'll have to use the treadmill, uggh! Everybody have a good day!