If you could give only one tip.....

Options

Replies

• CurlyVonda
    CurlyVonda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pre-planning/pre-tracking is the main key to weight loss success.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    stop listening to other people - they don't know your body, YOU do. Don't let people put their own insecurities about their weight on you, ever. Tell the people who question your weight loss to stick it. Don't listen to those people, ever.

Sugar is evil. Cut way back and you'll see a lot of progress.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Pat yourself of the back for even the smallest of victories, on and off the scale, b/c together they pave the way to where you want to be!
  • emisu2
    emisu2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Go low-carb, high-fat, moderate protein. You can't go wrong and the weight will fall off.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Do your own research!

it is grat to see what people on here thingk and what works for them and lots of peopel post great links. Read them! Doing your own research on things like the primal diet, how impt is sodium really, to fast or not to fast, cardio vs weights, vs doing both will give you teh real tool you need.

Besyt of luck to you!
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    JUST MOVE!! DONT STOP MOVING!!
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    Take before photos! :) They're great to compare to once you start losing and it really helps when you lose motivation to keep going
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Just plain ole WATER :) lots of it!! Good luck on your healthy journey :flowerforyou:
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

2. Please get off the scale at the following times:
    -after you binged
    -TOM (if applicable)
    -any other time you are within a day or two after doing/eating something outside your "norm"

Nothing good will come out of you getting on the scale at these times and no you didn't "gain" 4 lbs-I don't care what you ate.

This- EXACTLY!! Don't freak out on the scale. Take an average of the past 10 days to get a good accurate reading on your progress! I have fluctuated as much as 7 pounds over 2 days- not physically possible to gain/lose that much fat over that time frame! (Unless you run 7 or 8 marathons back to back and survive!)
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Do NOT get caught up in the Drama! Make this site a place for you to achieve your goals.

Well said!! and so true ... surround yourself with positive MFPeeps
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Never give up! It doesn't matter if you indulge for 1 day or 30 days just learn to draw a line under it and start again without the guilt trips because you are only sabotaging yourself when you beat yourself up too much! Just forget about it and start again. Easier said than done. This is something i really struggle with but i'm working on it.
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Never eat under the MFP net calories! 1100 or less is NOT HEALTHY!.... It will take time, and there's no way to acelorate the process safely above 2-3lbs a week.... so dont even contemplate trying!
  • MommyRunnerof3
    Options
    Well I have 2:

First: Lots and lots of water! Water should be your best friend. Buy yourself a cute tumbler and carry it with you at all times. Mine is a 24 oz and I drink at LEAST 5-6 during the daytime. If you are not a big water drinker, give it time, you will get use too it and your body will crave it.

Second: Exercise! Doesn't matter what, could be walking everyday, lifting weights, Zumba, sports, whatever turns your crank. Just do it!

And of course, the reason why you are here: Track everything you eat!

:)
  • Mesmareyes
    Options
    Don't compare your journey with another's journey. Your results and experiences are going to be tailor made for you.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    70% diet 30% exercise
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
  • sewfairy1
    sewfairy1 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you are not hungry, food is not the answer.....THANK YOU - I am going to stick that on my wall - what a brilliant way to think about it. Just starting out on here so in the 'hungry all the time as I can never eat anything nice again' phase (I know that will pass!)
    You have made my day! :-)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    No matter what, DO NOT GIVE UP!
  • AmandaLou4319
    AmandaLou4319 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fitness is 70% diet, 30% exercise.

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.
  • pjstudev
    pjstudev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself.
    Prepare your family and friends for your weight loss so that they can be encouraging. When you go out to eat and order something healthy - don't worry about them - worry about you.

Water, Water, WATER! Stay away from caffeine and artificial sweeteners - they make you dehydrated and may trigger a hunger response.

Hire a trainer (if you can) or get a workout buddy to keep you accountable. I thought I could not afford it, but I lost so much weight that I got off of several meds. Those cost savings directly paid for my trainer.

Don't give up!!!! You can do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!