How did you met your other half?

Options

Replies

• _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Met mine in Highschool and been together ever since.. married for 20ys.. :bigsmile:
  • KingElessar
    Options
    Not technically my other half, but probably my better half. I had gone through heart ache, so had she. We had known of each other for years, never thought we would be so connected so absolutly perfect for each other. She makes me laugh so hard sometimes my sides hurt. We finish each others sentences, say things at the same time. She is everything to me.
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    On MySpace! This was back when MySpace was actually cool... but online dating does work!
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    In high school when I was dating his best friend. After his friend and I broke up, it took about a year for us to hook up and start dating each other.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Highschool sweethearts :D
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    I was just remember how we met from another topic in another forum....

I first met Jen when she was 13 - a geeky little straight A girl with a smokin' hot body, and I was the baddest dude around.
    Also 13 by the way:bigsmile:
    Anyway, she hated me, my criminality and violent nature, but I loved her even though she was out of reach.
    And then something happened to break her resolve. I met her at a teen swimming party and caught her checking me out. :devil: GOTCHA!
    2 weeks later, she was MINE!
    I went out and bought a ring like any well intentioned guy in love.
    People laughed. Nobody took us very seriously.
    We were married, and my own father said to me as we were getting dressed for the wedding
    "I know your first wife. I wonder who the next will be"
    In other words, we were doomed to failure.
    That was 29 years ago. We've had 5 kids and wonderful life with challenges like any relationship.
    To me she is still that geeky girl I wanted so badly at age 13, and I love her today just as much.
    I am the least deserving of such a woman, and if there is really a God in heaven, I thank Him for blessing me so richly in this life.
    All Is Possible:heart:
    AWWWWWWWEEE! *grabs kleenex to wipe eyes*

That's what I was gonna say!!
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I became friends with a woman at work, who was dating his father. We started dating in September of 2009, got engaged in November of 2009, and were married in January of 2010. We've been married for 2 1/2 years (and my friend is still dating his father). :smile:
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    At a mutual friends birthday party :)
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in the parking lot of my sister's apartment complex. I looked like hell warmed over because I had just gotten off work from my second job that evening and I wasn't in the best mood either. For whatever reason, I caught his attention and he called me two weeks later (my sister gave him my number), we went out on our first date on the 4th of July and the rest is history.....14 years going strong.
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com and 3 years strong!!!!
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    Grade 8 lol
    Now we've been together for almost six years
    and it's been awesome!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    In the waiting room at Discount Tire, where we were both getting tires. He claims he only bought the tires because nobody was sitting in the chair next to me :heart:

Who would have thought hitting a piece of someone's exhaust system on the freeway in rush hour traffic would result in meeting "the one"?? :laugh:
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    At a bar I used to be at all the time. Been together 2yrs and 7 months now. We went through alot. He is my best friend and I love him more than I love Bread and butter...and I LOVE my bread and butter! He is truely my soulmate :love:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    At a bowling alley with a mutual friend when I was 16, how we had not met before is still a mystery. I had one of those Polaroid digital cameras that printed the pics on tiny little stickers. Had a friend take a pic of us and wrote my number on it. He called that night and we never looked back. Been married 9 years and have 3 wonderful kids.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    When I first moved to Calgary, I worked at Tim Hortons. His office was probably less than a block away. He quickly developed a 4 cup of coffee a day habit. Been almost 3 years now :love:
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby when he played baseball for the Dodgers!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I met mine at work! We dated for about 3 months before any of our co-workers knew it. We wanted to make sure it was going to last before telling anyone. By then we already knew we were getting married...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I met my b/f on Match.com. I had been a member ever since my divorce. A year after my fiancee died I rejoined.....I was ready to start dating again. But it took about 9 more months of going through frogs before I found my guy. It was worth the wait. :)
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    7th Grade summer, was introduced by a friend when I got back from vacation with my parents, a NEW boy had moved into town! So I was the first and the last to date him;) and we have been together going on 14 yrs, married for 4 and have two beautiful kids:)
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    In high school.. when you don't "dress out" for gym, they make you sit on the side against the bleachers, and thats when I first saw her, so we were both lazy butts who didn't dress out that day. I went on my pursuit after that and of course won because I am awesome. The definition of awesome was me buying a single rose in the plastic clear case with a bow on it, would go to her house, lean it against the front door, ring the door bell and then run and jump in my friends car and take off, did that a few times actually :P

That was in 1991.. So here we are still 21 years and 4 kids later still kickin'!