Lost weight and now I NEVER get hit on?!?

Options

Replies

• mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Smells like a fishing thread to me. I get enough of that nonsense on Facebook.

I would think you do!
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    did you lose all your weight from your boobs??????

cuz i did!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey! We're from Nebraska. They like their girls Husky. ;)
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    OK, looked at your pics and either;

(a) you are in places where all the men are legally BLIND

or,

(b) You are now so hot that most guys figure you are out of their league. :tongue: (not the worst problem to have, but it does happen)

By the way, since you mentioned it - - what are you doing Friday night? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(Hell, if I was single and found myself in Nebraska, you'd need pepper spray to get me to leave you alone....:love:
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    did you lose all your weight from your boobs??????

cuz i did!

All OF IT!!! My sports bras are getting too big, do you know how difficult that is to take?! Lol! I was a full 34C and now I am probably a small B or large A! So sad!
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey! We're from Nebraska. They like their girls Husky. ;)

LMFAO! I love this!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    3 pages of compliments. Is that enough? Did it satisfy your ego? I am pretty sure your original post was just to get compliments. I don't believe that you don't get hit on.
    wow, what a giant ray of sunshine you must be.........\m/

haterproof5qr.jpg

Look at her. I would hit on her!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    I wouldn't look at it as such a bad thing really....most women complain about being hit on....but yeah I did read somewhere that men are inclined to go for the not as attractive and not as smart woman....aka the sure thing....as opposed to the incredibly hot and intelligent....so you may be on to something there.....um, sorry for your apparently new hotness???? \m/ :wink:
    This kinda sucks - I get hit on when I go out with my girlfriends - I must be the less attractive, not so smart one of the bunch :sad:
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This will be my only response to negativity: everyone has their own insecurities, you can lift them up our put them down, believe them , or not. I'm sorry if mine rubbed you the wrong way. You don't know me, or where I've been or what people have said to me. I would explain, but it's not your business. I hope if you have children our plan to, you don't treat their insecurities in the same manner.

I was thinking the same thing concerning children. We have no problem showering them with confidence boosting compliments, but when it comes to adults, it's a problem. Well, that person who is now an adult, was once a child, and who knows if they ever received a compliment as a child or worse, always had negative words thrown at them that may have killed their self image.

Edited to add: you have no reason to be sorry...

^^This. Or I guess, these :tongue:

Moniqua1, I'm glad you took the high road and was very poised with your response. Like Chris Rene says, "If you wanna build your love up, put your hate down" :flowerforyou:

Friend request, STAT!

And I'm really happy my post made you feel better :bigsmile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Ok, so far I've lost almost 15lbs (i lost weight before joining mfp). When I weighed.131lbs, I would go out and would be approached several times, now, I go out and NOTHING! I don't understand! I think I look better and have more confidence, but maybe losing a little bit of weight made me less attractive?! Ugh, I don't know, it's a little discouraging. just needed to vent. Has anyone else had this sort of thing occur?!

I just meet you.

And this is crazy.

But here's my number.

so call me maybe?

If you're not being approached then...try approaching yourself? Or dress sluttier. Works for me...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Do you dress to reasonably show off your body?
    Also, a lot of guys think a heavier girl is just more likely to say yes.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    OMG ... is this really a problem? LOL :) Seems like a silly problem... "I look hotter and don't get hit on as much" I mean really most women hate being hit on unless its a millionare fireman who is on vacation from saving a childrens hospital.
  • pinkcycleist
    Options
    Don't think that way they don't like you for what they see there not the ones for you you know who you are and that you like the way you look thats what matters most the right pepole will come your way1
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    You gotta look in the mirror and hit on yourself... ;)
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This will be my only response to negativity: everyone has their own insecurities, you can lift them up, or put them down, believe them , or not. I'm sorry if mine rubbed you the wrong way. You don't know me, or where I've been, or what people have said to me. I would explain, but it's not your business. I hope if you have children, or plan to, you don't treat their insecurities in the same manner.
    Listen to Uncle GC for sec...

-- 1. Stop giving a *kitten* what other people think.
    -- 2. Stop giving a *kitten* what other people say.
    -- 3. Stop worrying about how you look, and start focusing on being awesome.
    -- 4. Repeat steps 1 through 3, a lot.

(I have 4 kids, two of which are girls. That IS the advice I give to my children. Enjoy.)

Oh, and read this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/640195-when-you-cry-they-win-ameliorated-version

Your awesome cg
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It's because NOW they are intimidated - that's what i think?
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple answer is that guys are finding you more attractive, and therefore, unattainable (many guys won't approach a girl they think is out of their league). So take it as a compliment :)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    3 pages of compliments. Is that enough? Did it satisfy your ego? I am pretty sure your original post was just to get compliments. I don't believe that you don't get hit on.

I completely agree... obviously just fishing for compliments, and it appears plenty have been given.

Gain the weight back if this is bothering you so much.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

I completely agree... obviously just fishing for compliments, and it appears plenty have been given.

Gain the weight back if this is bothering you so much.

Are you people kidding me? Even if she WAS fishing for compliments , last I checked this was a website and even more, a THREAD for MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT. If you don't have anything positive to say, then why say anything? Surely it doesn't make YOU feel better about YOURSELF to bring someone else down.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    wow, what a giant ray of sunshine you must be.........\m/

hahhaa, right!