Men shaving their bodies

Options

Replies

• Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm hairy always have been, however I have a kind wife who will lather my back with hair remover and because I ride I also do to my legs to mid thigh. A little trim here and there with the clippers and I am good to go.

At the end of the day it is all personal.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    shave it all...
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    Hairy is Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like he looks!! no hair on chest.... you cant do somethings with a lot of hair haha!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Here's my problem as a man. I am a hairy guy. I mean I'm sure anymore hair and i'll be considered an animal (and not in a cute sexual way).

My problem is this, I don't mind trimmin some chest hairs, private areas I shave regardless but then I hear "chest hair and back should be trimmed but legs and hands shouldn't be" and I go...wtf? You have any idea how weired it would look wiht a silky smooth brown chest and back but a rough and almost black looking (due to hair) legs and arms? >.<

I have never shaved my chest or back but how the hell does a fella even go about it? I know I won't be "shaving" but using a machine or something, wouldn't that make my chest/back feel more...prickly (is that the word?)?

Back away from the prickly-ness! haha. If you would feel more comfortable with a smooth back/chest (or whatever else you'd like) have you considered getting waxed? I also perfer this because the hair doesn't grow back as quick (or as thick) and it's not prickly.

I honestly wouldn't mind giving waxing a try but thats just weird for a man to be that smooth. Specially since I am more of a rustic kind of person. I don't want a smooth back to be honest but don't want those prickly hairs on me that makes others feel like they're touching a 5 o' clock shadow all over. I guess I'm doomed >.<

I am actually curious about this topic though since I have been told that theres too much hair, I just dunno how to handle the problem properly :(
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A man should "manscape" even if just a little. Otherwise, you feel like you're with a gorilla. Who wants that??
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to trim the bushes to make the big ol' tree stand out more.

LOL but very very true
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    NO YOU SHOULDN"T! Its gross. Little boys dont have hair...and if a woman wants a little boy, then i think you should double check who your getting with. I think its ok for guys to "maintain" things, like trim up. But men are hairy and it should stay that way.

That is the seriously crazy talk. There are MANY more differences between men and "little boys" than the amount of body hair they have and you basically just called any woman that might LIKE a smooth body a pedophile.

It's okay to have an opinion but you don't have to personally attack those that might not agree with you by making such ridiculous generalizations.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    think its a personal preference....i love men that have hairless "private" areas, chest, back, and groomed underarms. but i need hair on legs and arms.

This.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I think it's weird when a man has hair everywhere... like everywhere, all over their back, etc. But I like them to have some! Chest hair can be hot imo, but I also love a nice, smooth, muscular chest. I think back hair is gross. Everywhere else... I have no issues with, as long as they try to keep it groomed or trimmed! :)

And if you want to remove hair from large areas... I'd suggest waxing!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on the person. I've always though it was creepy when men shaved/waxed. In my opinion, you're a man, and that means you should be more hairy than me.

This! Trimming is good, no need to be a wild man... but grown men have hair - that's how it's supposed to be.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on the person. I've always though it was creepy when men shaved/waxed. In my opinion, you're a man, and that means you should be more hairy than me.

This! Trimming is good, no need to be a wild man... but grown men have hair - that's how it's supposed to be.

So do women, but don't you shave?
  • Alluring72
    Alluring72 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love a smooth body with a tuft of hair around the navel trending south and a well groomed play space. Men that look like they are wearing sweaters with no clothes on is a turn off for me personally - get the hair off the back at least.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    If your not that hairy, then don't do it.
  • daveclrk58
    daveclrk58 Posts: 258
    Options
    I have a couple of hairy patches on my back so I have them waxed, or shaved frequently. I also have a hairy chest but I don't shave it. It's not overly hairy so I don't bother. Then I keep my "area' shaved. Just pick whatever you feel needs to be shaved. If you don't like it shaved, it'll grow back. Gotta keep stuff neat and tidy!!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I generally shave my back hair. I don't like it. I feel insecure with it if I'm at the pool or beach. I usually have a close friend shave my back. LOL. that's how I do it! :)
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options

So do women, but don't you shave?

Definitely - but I don't full body wax... my personal preference is maintenance for men, not full-blown deforestation.
  • mr18actor
    mr18actor Posts: 480
    Options
    This all depends on personal comfort and the woman who is calling the shots :wink:

Personally, I like to keep things neat, but then again, I am not an olympic swimmer (anymore..lol).

I cannot stand back hair and wax that *kitten* off, but I leave the chest hair alone per my wife's instruction. Being a hefty guy, I currently have nothing to show-off by getting rid of that hair. I have the go ahead as soon as I look like Hugh Jackman. WOOT!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hairless because you make yourself hairless? Gross! Guys have hair. Frankly I think the whole "wax, shave, peel" industry has gotten way out of hand. We all have hair. No I don't want a dark bushy mustache, but I never thought that I should wax my upper lip to get rid of peach fuzz. Not saying you should shouldn't or whatever, just think most of this is motivated by the almighty dollar and advertising.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I can't stand being at the gym or the beach and seeing Chewbacca walking down the shoreline... I definitely think guys should shave chest, stomach, back, pits and nether regions... but arms and legs don't really bug me (at least I don't shave mine...)
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I started shaving my face in grade 6.... lol

I used to remove almost everything, now I am more of a trimmer and just bring it to an groomed length and completely shave off areas I don't want to see or ones that aren't symmetrical etc....

I have waxed before but never again, the "pain" was fine it was the itchiness afterwards that sucked. I own an epilator and it irritates me like crazy so I just use it to remove any hint of a unibrow... Now I am all about the clippers, I no longer use a razor blade except for a bit of sack smoothness...lol...sorry for all that info... aahh no I am not... ;)