Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Only been drunk once in my life.. and that was at a strip club with a friend.
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    Options
    i dont drink either.. never took a liking, i dont think anyone would like the flavor or alcohol the first few times they drink it, its just a means to an end, just like any other drug.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there are members on MFP who do not drink? Back on my 21st b-day, my friends took me out to celebrate. That is the one and only I have drank and I have not touched alcohol since. Well over two decades ago. I barely can stand going to a ballgame and having people drink around me. What about you?

I find drunken behavior extremely obnoxious, so I get where you are coming from there. My view has always been I don't like the smell, I've heard it takes a while to actually enjoy the taste, and I have no desire to get drunk (I'd prefer to be in full control of my faculties/decisions, thank you very much), so what's the point? If someone else wants to drink, it's their business, but I certainly don't want it.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I don't drink, but love my friends that do. I don't try to convince them to stop and they don't try to convince me to start and life is good.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I drink. Wine is yummay.
  • hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    Haven't had a drink in over 3 years...came to the realization that I can stop myself from doing stupid things sober...I can't if I am not.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't imagine not drinking wine with dinner. Plus going out and having fun. My motto is work hard, play harder!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Barely a drop.
    I enjoy wine with a fabulous meal, and an occasional beer with boiled shrimp, but booze is NOT a part of my life.
    And people trying to lose weight who abuse alcohol? Forget it.
    We can have most anything we want in life but NOT everything.
    Nobody can booze it up and expect to achieve optimal health.
    That's reality.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine every now and again, but I don't drink often. I'm too crazy as it is, plus I like to stay in control of my body.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I wish I could, but I never will. I would be pleased at reducing my drinking to just a hand full of times per year.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Only been drunk once in my life.. and that was at a strip club with a friend.
    ^^^^^^
    Classic....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Never have, never will!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Me. Sober since December 13, 2008.
  • WhiskeyCity
    WhiskeyCity Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I don't usually drink druing the week...but I more than make up for it on the weekends.:drinker: :drinker:

However, I do add my calories to my food journal and I budget my calories to make room for sweet, sweet alcohol.:love:
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    85% free of it - From age 21 to about age 27 i was an alcoholic and drank just about every day, for no reason. Then I wanted to get pregnant so I stopped drinking & became the designated driver for everyone else. After I had my daughter in 2000 I just never went back to it. Sure I still have a pina colada or malibu & diet sprite (or two) out by the pool maybe every 4-5 weeks but honestly, it's wasted calories and it's a lot more fun to watch and know that i'm not acting like the village idiot that everyone else has gotten to the point of at the end of the day.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I don't drink. I used to though. I miss it sometimes, but I sure don't miss hangovers, empty calories, or regretting what I did or said the night before.

It's been 9 years since I had a drink and 3 years since I smoked a cigarette.

I don't mind a bit if others drink however, I go out to happy hour with friends regularly.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I fulfilled my lifetime quota by the time I hit 37. Other than the taste I don't really miss it, but it really does astound me that some folks just can't grasp the concept that life can be full of joy and fun without it. Going on 13 years now.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I used to drink very heavily for a while...my wallet and body did not like it. I stopped in late March of 2010--so it's now been over 2 years since I had a drink. :happy: My wallet and body are much happier. My feelings towards drinking--I have no problem if other people do it. It's everyone (over legal drinking age's) choice. I definitely agree with what a few others here have said...in that I don't like to hang out at the bar scene anymore, and I don't like to associate with people who are completely drunk. I find liquor and wine to be too much of a temptation...I still get that little voice that says "oh, just have one, you'll be alright!" When no, I won't be, because I can't just stop at one. If I don't start at all, then no problem. :tongue: On the other hand, if people are piss drunk off of beer or just sloshed in general, I usually leave. I don't like being around that anymore.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i used to love to drink. but i was never a good drinker. when i did a striptease on the bar on my 23rd birthday, i decided that was enough. in the last 13 years i've had 3 drinks, in the last 6 i've had none. its jsut a non issue now. my husband doesnt drink, so we're just a non drinking family. i cant tolerate it anymore. but i dont look down on drinkers.. its a normal part of society, and i love being the designated driver.. i think drunk people can be really funny to be around :)
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't drink. I used to though. I miss it sometimes, but I sure don't miss hangovers, empty calories, or regretting what I did or said the night before.

It's been 9 years since I had a drink and 3 years since I smoked a cigarette.
    Awesome!!!!