Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a "drunk house". I drink now, but my kids will never, ever, see me drunk. I think it's okay to consume alcohol as long as it does not have an adverse effect on your well being. That being said, there are way too many calories in my drink of choice (vodka & cranberry) so I've cut back since joining MFP.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I drink. I don't know why. I don't like the flavor of pretty much any kind of alcohol. And I don't like feeling out of control.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Sober for 24 hours.
  • PARCELQUEEN
    PARCELQUEEN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i dont drink ..and dont tolerate intoxicated people very well ..why would anyone wanna drink so much fattening stuff only to end up making an idiot of yourself
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    No thanks.

C'mon daddy-O, dont be such a square

It's hip to be square. :bigsmile:

Did he just bust out the Huey Lewis??

Yeah. Props when props are due.

:smile:
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    stopped in about 1985. Never missed it .
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I drink. I don't know why. I don't like the flavor of pretty much any kind of alcohol. And I don't like feeling out of control.

But do you love Red Bull and Vodka, Rum and Coke, Bloody Marys. Yuuuuuum!
  • dunc289
    dunc289 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love a drink.

Red wine is a nice accompaniment to most meals, and there's nothing else that can make cheese taste better.

Admittedly, its not a diet food, but I've never been a slave to Soda's or ranch dressing, so to each his own.

To all those commenting about avoiding the mind altering aspects of booze, you might want to check on the various effects the new food and fitness choices you're making are having on your brain.

I doubt there's much we all do that doesn't have some psychoactive effect, whether its fasting, low carbing, exercising, or just plain being hungry.

Like I say, nothing wrong with the odd drink.
  • dunc289
    dunc289 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i dont drink ..and dont tolerate intoxicated people very well ..why would anyone wanna drink so much fattening stuff only to end up making an idiot of yourself

Because its fun, being thin isn't everything, and ultimately, we're all idiots, some people just hide it better than others.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    No Interest in the stuff.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love a drink.

Red wine is a nice accompaniment to most meals, and there's nothing else that can make cheese taste better.

Admittedly, its not a diet food, but I've never been a slave to Soda's or ranch dressing, so each to his own.

To all those commenting about avoiding the mind altering aspects of booze, you might want to check on the various effects the new food and fitness choices you're making are having on your brain.

I doubt there's much we all do that doesn't have some psychoactive effect, whether its fasting, low carbing, exercising, or just plain being hungry.

Like I say, nothing wrong with the odd drink.

I totally agree. I am lucky enough to live in the centre of British brewing at a time when real ales produced in small amounts by independent brewers, aka microbreweries, are available everywhere. There are some fantastic beers being brewed right now, and I would like to try all of them. I very rarely get drunk because I know what my limit is (three halves over an evening), I alternate each half pint with tap water, because its the law to offer free tap water in UK pubs, and I log the calories when I do drink. My father was an alcoholic, so I do appreciate the terrible effects alcohol has on some people, but I don't personally drink just to get drunk and I think it's a shame to cut out a wonderful traditional foodstuff that gives you a nice mellow buzz and is made from pure ingredients. Each to his own, but if you're buying, I'll have a half of Kernal IPA. Cheers!
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm.... red bull and Vodka, I call that the Vegas Special.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I drink everyday because i'm cool and thats what cool people do. If you want to be cool like me, you'll drink everyday and rock and roll all night.

But do you party every day?
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Havent had a drink in years... I am guessing the last time I had a drink was 4 years ago
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and haven't had a drink (beer, wine or mixed) in approx. 15 years. Just don't have a taste for it. Plus it eats up your calories! I feel better in the morning too! :)
  • kimsue123
    kimsue123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't drink at all. The smell of alcohol makes me gag.
  • anberlingasm
    anberlingasm Posts: 177
    Options
    I love a drink every now and again but I'm trying to be alcohol-free for the calorie aspect right now. My wife doesn't drink at all, period.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I dont drink alcohol, never had any interest in it.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink even occasionally..There is no point in it. Its been alittle over 4 years since I"ve had any drink
  • wattleneurotic
    Options
    I don't drink at all. Alcohol tastes absolutely foul to me *shrugs*