Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options
midschool22
midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
Just wondering if there are members on MFP who do not drink? Back on my 21st b-day, my friends took me out to celebrate. That is the one and only I have drank and I have not touched alcohol since. Well over two decades ago. I barely can stand going to a ballgame and having people drink around me. What about you?

Replies

• fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't drink or anything. I've never had an interest in it.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't drink... no interest in it.......
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I drink everyday because i'm cool and thats what cool people do. If you want to be cool like me, you'll drink everyday and rock and roll all night.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    No thanks.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever drank was on my 21st bday, I'm only 22 about to be 23, so it's only been two years, but I can't bring myself to drink. I'd rather have a virgin pina colada than an acoholic one.

Even stressed out with wedding planning I was tempted to go buy a bottle of wine, I ended up with grape juice haha.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I do drink but only a couple times a year. I don't for many reasons the biggest 2 being the # of calories in any given drink and the cost. A daiquiri is like $8 I can eat for that !
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't drink and neither does my husband. Watching my dad stumble in the door every night for my entire childhood made me realize what a fool it can make of you.
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I will have a drink about once every year or so. I have a family of alcoholics. After years of watching drunken brawls during Christmas, weddings, or really any family get together I just don't have a desire to drink. Since giving birth to my youngest (who is over 2) I have only had 2 drinks. I didn't finish them. Most of my friends find it hard to believe that I don't have a beer every night or go out on the weekends. It just doesn't appeal to me. My hubby isn't a drinker, either.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I drink occasionally. I had given it up for 19 months (July 2010 to March 2012) and 36 months (1982 to 1985). I have come to the realization that there is no good reason to drink alcohol. But I still drink in certain social situations. Some people I know get uncomfortable when I don't drink and they encourage me to have one.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    I do not drink. I never did drink. I tasted wine exactly twice and didn't love it.
    My husband has been sober for almost 20 years and so there is no alcohol in our lives.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink when I'm REALLY upset - maybe once or twice a year.

I get lots of people trying to pressure me into drinking at social events (my husband and I go out all the time) I find it massively ANNOYING - I just don't like the taste - it tastes like poison to me.

Yuck.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I drink everyday because i'm cool and thats what cool people do. If you want to be cool like me, you'll drink everyday and rock and roll all night.

Cheers!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    oh free "OF" alcohol.

nevermind.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I so rarely drink that you cannot hardly count it. I find it difficult to be in situations where there are alot of people drinking and tend to pull away from them. Its good to see others who are also non drinkers.
  • djlindstrom
    Options

lol.. I hear Kiss singing in my head now! Thanks! :laugh:
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been alcohol free for just over a year now - will be 13 months on Tuesday.
    I used to drink quite a bit during university and college and finally decided to make a change. I really have no desire to ever touch alcohol again and I enjoy not having my perception altered. I don't mind my friends drinking, but I do find when they get into the booze really heavily, I end up taking off.

Best feeling is getting a good night's sleep and waking up without a hangover! I'd rather go for a run on Saturday morning than lay around in bed all day feeling awful.
  • NebraskaBBW
    NebraskaBBW Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I dont drink alcohol, never had any interest in it
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Both my parents started drinking seriously about the time I turned 17, life went to hell directly afterward. I can just barely remember the last drink I had, three decades ago.
  • Tiffanie252
    Tiffanie252 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Never had a drink in my life, neither has my husband. It holds no interest for us.