Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• Mawkish1983
    Mawkish1983 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't drink alcohol, but I don't condemn those who.
  • carrtje
    carrtje Posts: 15
    Options
    Never have, never need to. I figure after 36 really great years, why start now?!? Anyways, I get my empty calories elsewhere :)
  • rosewatershay
    rosewatershay Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had my first drink when i was 14 sneaking into my uncle's Christian brothers - Yuck!. In college I drink a few times never really liked it. Since 19 I probably had a drink about 3 times. When I turned 30 I started being allergic to a lot of stuff out of the blue, raw apples skins & apple juice (I can eat cooked apples), whole wheat ( i can eat processed white bread - go figure), strawberries, some alcohol ( I found this out by rinsing my mouth with Listerine), etc....... So no I don't drink :smile:
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I don't drink either! I don't need it!!:happy: :wink:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there are members on MFP who do not drink? Back on my 21st b-day, my friends took me out to celebrate. That is the one and only I have drank and I have not touched alcohol since. Well over two decades ago. I barely can stand going to a ballgame and having people drink around me. What about you?

I find those who live a life of sobriety to truly be admirable. But we all have a vice of some sort. Good or bad. The issue is whether or not it's used as a crutch.

Personally, I could definitely go without drinking, but I choose not to. I s'pose I'm what people would classify as a social binge drinker. I make it out once in a while and will party all night. To me, it's more about being with good friends and what goes on. The alcohol just enhances that. Of course, there have also been bad times as well, thanks to alcohol. Friendships lost, or at least temporarily suspended. And then there are things that are said that cannot be taken back.

So, again... I admire those of you who are sober. Keep going strong!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I love all of you "I dont need to drink to have a good time" people Some of the funnest times ive ever had were while drunk. I dont need to have a good time to drink.
  • christinato
    christinato Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dont drink.
    I may have a sip every so often of a new 'alcohol' or drink available on the market, but I wont drink more than that. it makes me feel sick and then i feel super depressed. i'm sure it totally kills the good effects of my proxac.
  • kristisnow71
    kristisnow71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to drink ... quite a bit when I turned 21 and then slowed down. After my Mom died 2 years ago I started to drink again. Last August I accepted the Lord and to be honest gave away my liquor. I don't miss it at all!
  • Lolita_at_Heart
    Options
    After today, I wish!
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    No thanks.

C'mon daddy-O, dont be such a square

It's hip to be square. :bigsmile:
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Don't drink, zero interest in it, rather eat my calories and prefer being in total control of myself. I've seen what alcohol can & does do, & it's not for me.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options
    :wink:
    No thanks.

Touche.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Never have and I don't see why. My college friends think I drank in college b/c we partied hard sometimes. One friend said well u were always standing next to the drink table. I told her "Fool I didn't want anyone to put roofies in yall drinks! Yall were so eff'ed up, I was there to protect you." SMDH...All my friend could say was "Oh!" LOL

I can party so hard until people think I am drink LMAO! OUTRAGEOUS TIMES and i remember what i did and you did too that night CTFU
  • bdp79
    bdp79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No drinking here. I did not see it growing up. Tried it in college but have not had a drink in over 23 years.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking for 7 years & have recently started again, just once a week. I've gained 3kg in a month so I think I'll go back to not drinking lol
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    No thanks.

Did he just bust out the Huey Lewis??
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options
    No thanks.

Did he just bust out the Huey Lewis??

Yeah. Props when props are due.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,689 Member
    Options
    Only time I drink is when I have beer with pizza and that's been over a year now (the beer not the pizza!)
    I basically quit drinking about 25 years ago.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have not had any mind or mood altering chemicals, including alcohol since Oct. of 2006. Life is great
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Drinking is awesome. Unfortunately, I had to give it up recently. I am not necessarily awesome when I drink.

I'd love to make friends who have kicked the habit as well, so if you popped into this thread and see my posting, feel free to add me. But only if you are awesome yourself. I might not accept, though, I'm kind of an *** like that.