Anyone here who lives their life free of alcohol?

Options

Replies

• dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I used to drink in social situations just so I could tolerate others, but that was rarely ever. My dad is an alcoholic, and almost crashed a car with me in it. So yeah, I'm not into it.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't drink alcohol . period.
  • Sardine239
    Sardine239 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Except for the times when I may have swallowed a tad of mouthwash, I've never drank alcohol and I don't really care to.

My friends have a hard time believing/accepting that.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Nope! Generally do not like it and have an alcoholic mother so I really just dont like to be drunk/around drunk people.
  • jaygregz
    jaygregz Posts: 104
    Options
    Currently not drinking because of me losing weight. I do like to get tore down though every once in a while. It's few and far between but when the stars and the moon align you can count me in bartender.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    from age 16-21 i drank a lot but after i got married and started having kids i pretty much cut it out. every once in a while i may have a wine cooler but never more than 1 cause it makes me sick and its maybe 2 times a year at most. its just not as attractive to me anymore. now when i get the rare cravings i ask myself what if something happened to my kids asthma and i couldn't take them to the er cause i refuse to drink and drive anymore.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Never drank. Never wanted too. Am rather disgusted by the bar and getting drunk scene. Seems too wasteful of one's life. I like "outside", ya know, sunshine NOT moonshine!
  • MrExcessive
    Options
    Have not had an alcoholic drink in about 4 years, no plan on drinking again. I see drunk people every night and thats enough for me. Plus who the hell can afford it??? :)
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    Recovering alcoholic here! :)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I'm not a drinker. First had my taste of alcohol at 14 when I snuck a swig of cheap red wine, second at 18 when I was allowed a shot of $80 sake. When I turned 21 I had pina coladas and mai tais and sangrias but I always had to ask the alcohol be toned down. Never been drunk, was slightly tipsy after one bad mai tai, and since then I've only had not even 12 drinks.

To me, all I taste with alcohol is the burn. It hits instantly, coats my throat, and makes me cough and lingers. I'll taste the juices and whatever else put in the drink but if the alcohol itself has a flavor I couldn't tell you. It also makes me feel unpleasant afterwards, my chest and face are warm and sometimes I've gotten headaches and these are from small drinks.

My boyfriend loves his alcohol so I know I'm kind of a buzzkill on that end, but I just don't like it. It's not appealing.
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Havent had a drink in ... dont know how many years. Just holds no interest for me. I dont have any problems with it. Wish husband felt the same way =(
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Nay. Not a drinker here. Tho I would love to have a Margarita every now and then.
  • Kaedemoon267
    Options
    I'm 24 and I don't drink at all. I just prefer not to
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Currently living alcohol free.

Didn't always used to be that way. I drank heavily for years.

But you know what? I don't miss it. Not one bit.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    6 months free of the stuff.
  • Mysticdi
    Mysticdi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Never liked the taste or the smell of it....I am right there with you in the no drinking area of the ball field (Oh wait they haven't got those do they?)
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are all sooo lucky that you don't 'have an interest' in drinking! Okay well luckys not really the word, but you know, you made good choices. I love drinking! It's a huge contributor to te reason I was fat though so I had to stop, which was and still is HARD. In 2 months I've had 2 nights of drinking and that is unbelievable for me. I started when I was 15, I'm now 25 and I've drank almost every weekend during that entire 10 year span! Up until these last two months, that is. Quitting has helped me lose 25 lbs so I'm happy about that, but I hate being sober for this long! Booo!

I need a beer and a hug :(
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I don't drink. I lived in Switzerland and was mocked/ridiculed multiple times a day for not drinking. I never experienced peer pressure in High School, but in Switzerland it was absolutely horrible.

I'll take my water any day.
  • xsaribarix
    xsaribarix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a drink in over 90 days. I've been straightedge for most of my life but I had my first drink at 21 and only a few since then (I'm 30.) I don't like the taste of alcoholic beverages. And my dad drinks. Plus, I binge eat when I have alcoholic beverages so I'm better off being straightedge for life! :)
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't drink...I don't like the taste, or what it does to some people. My ex-husband was an alchoholic...which was the major reason I left him. My son, who is now 40, has never drank and I am sure it is because of seeing his dad get wasted every night.

ETA because I can't seem to type tonight!