Lose weight to be healthy??? F no, I want to be HAWT!

Options

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight to be hot and healthy.

But mostly to be hot.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Doing it for both. Have always been healthy and want to stay that way and I still want to look good even though I'm getting older!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I can't say that those who are in it for health (or claim to be) aggravate me.

I have zero health conditions, my Dr. with thrilled with all of my numbers at my last physical just last month or so. And of course, I know that may not hold true in the next couple of years if I continue on, who knows...but the heart of the matter is, I'm losing weight I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror and I don't want to be self conscious about my flab all the time. But my desire to be fit is different, I want to be able to do fun shiz (or things I consider fun, which are pretty active). But yeah, still not about my health. Maybe that makes me shallow, but it is what it is.

I'm not saying that those that are doing it for health aggravate me. I'm just tired of people telling ME that I'll be so much healthier if I keep losing weight. They have no idea how healthy I really am. That's what frustrates me.
  • mgalayda
    mgalayda Posts: 1
    Options
    i want to lost weight so that i can get off my meds. I currently take 14 pills a day! seven in the moring seven at night! I do have several health issues, thre otherreason for wanting to lose weight is i too want to look fabulous in regulr size clothes! wish me luck
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    I don't see why it can't be both. Keeping health as a priority can help stamp down disordered behavior and attitudes though. If you put "being hawt" first, it's much more likely that 'short cuts' like extreme calorie deficits and/or cardio obsession will be that much more tempting.

That being said, once I was within "healthy" weight, I lost additional 'vanity' lbs.

Conversely, I've never had any health problems, but being active and eating well will help me prevent many of them.

Many motivations, one goal. To be epically awesome.

It can be both.. It just isn't for me... I'm happy for those that find their motivation that way but it isn't mine and people should stop treating me like it is/should be.

I also don't want to cause any health issues with losing weight, therefore disordered eating patterns are not a part of what I'm doing. :) I hope others feel that way as well.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My mom and I started in January together losing weight, we weighed in at exactly the same weight 180. Now, I'm 150 and holding and she's 148. I'm 5'11, she's 5'4. Her goal is 145, she lost weight to be healthier to get her cholestrol and blood-pressure under contol. I did it to be HOT, since at 180 I was pretty much tetering on overweight. I could have stopped at 170 and have been just as healthy as I was at 150, but I was vain and wanted to have the body other people envyed and stop envying other women's bodys. She was obese, and it scare the daylights out of her. Now, she's thinner and healthier and happier, but at 58 she's never gonna be HOT.

So, everyone has a reason. Neither reason is less important than the other.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm doing it for both. (:
    I can hardly job a mile without my asthma acting up. I have no muscle definition. I look like a blob, so things HAVE to change. For health and body image.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Im doing this for health and fitness first Im 42 so Hot isnt going to be so much as an importance although we all want to look hot
    but knowing being over weight can cause cancer illness joint pain etc being 50 fit and hot is what Im heading for :)
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Yanno, I am totally with you on this. I'm sick of wearing a size ****ing 16!!!!!!!! It sucks! I'm sick of not being able to wear anything I want to wear, and I'm sick of my low sex drive and what I feel is a low level of attractiveness. I think my little slogan thing on MFP is "time to get hot" and while I know that I will get physically healthier in the process, I really am just sick of feeling like a fatass. I have potential, time to use it!
  • Brankica81
    Options
    Totally agreed with the OP. Actually my workouts are kinda hurting my health considering I have some knee injuries but it is all worth it when you put on your bikini and go to the beach and see everyone just going WOW ;)
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    i want to lost weight so that i can get off my meds. I currently take 14 pills a day! seven in the moring seven at night! I do have several health issues, thre otherreason for wanting to lose weight is i too want to look fabulous in regulr size clothes! wish me luck

I wish you the very best of luck and hope that your health improves! If you'd like more encouragement, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You're right.... I am just lying to myself when I say I want to be healthy... seriously....
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    WORD! Thank god someone has the balls to say it!
    You are my new hero!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    My mom and I started in January together losing weight, we weighed in at exactly the same weight 180. Now, I'm 150 and holding and she's 148. I'm 5'11, she's 5'4. Her goal is 145, she lost weight to be healthier to get her cholestrol and blood-pressure under contol. I did it to be HOT, since at 180 I was pretty much tetering on overweight. I could have stopped at 170 and have been just as healthy as I was at 150, but I was vain and wanted to have the body other people envyed and stop envying other women's bodys. She was obese, and it scare the daylights out of her. Now, she's thinner and healthier and happier, but at 58 she's never gonna be HOT.

So, everyone has a reason. Neither reason is less important than the other.

I'm happy for her and for you! Hat's off to both of you!
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    Same. I don't lose weight to be healthy - I'm losing to look like those skinny girls I admire. That's pretty much the point.
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you!

I want to wear sexy little outfits for my hubby and size 8 lace undies are not really cute nor is my fabby belly hanging over them.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I've always been healthy, apart from hypoglycemia but we all have our things. I shed 30lbs because I was tired of looking frumpy dumpy. I think a lot of people do it for being healthy and being hot, but I think the ones that just wanna be hot don't speak up!!

I made a post for them to speak up :D

And I don't know if it counts or not but you're f'n hot!

Well thank you!! hot hypoglycemics, lol
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Many motivations, one goal. To be epically awesome.

Heck. Yeah.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    You're right.... I am just lying to myself when I say I want to be healthy... seriously....

Whatever's clever...
  • chelseyjoan
    chelseyjoan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with you :smile:
    I'm not that much over weight and all my numbers and doctors appointments are healthy and normal..
    I honestly just want to feel good about myself, I wanna wear my short shorts and bikini tops at events and the lake and KNOW that I look good, that's what it's about for me.
    Confidence boost :love: