What delicious goodies have YOU avoided today?!

Options

Replies

• reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    went for a walk lunchtime and passed by two candy stores....went in to look but I didn't buy a thing. Yeah for me. :drinker:
  • ThreesCompanee
    Options
    Took my herd to a playdate today where one of the mom's made brownies. I politely declined! Phew!
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    the cravings usually come when it's dark out. then i want peanut butter and jelly and who nu's and sherbet and butter crackers with cheese log. instead of having those or some of those this morning i had 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese and strawberries and a cup of diet root beer.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    McAllister's Chocolate Spoon Cake.....my daughter got one yesterday and when her and my hubby came to trade me cars at work she was finishing it off...and said Mommy Im done you want the rest...I said no thank baby girl give it to daddy or toss it.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Walking into the gas station to pay for my gas ... passed by the Doritos, the kettle chips, Pringles, Oreos, Lorna Doone's, Whatchamacallits, Heath bars, Skor bars, Take Five bars, gummy bears, gummy worms, sour gummy worms ...

... and I kept walking.
  • DunnaStunna
    DunnaStunna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Subway cookies, omg
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    We had a charity cake sale at work today, there were about 30 delicious looking cakes on the desk next to me most of the day, including carrot cake and lemon drizzle cake which are my favourites. I didn't have any cake at all, just gave money to the charity! :)
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    oreos
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Nacho Supreme from Taco Bell
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I took my older son through the McDs drive-thru for a cinnamon melt (his all time favorite food and a huuuuuge treat for him) and did not order myself breakfast. Tempting though. I'm not going to lie, I flipping LOVE McDs breakfast biscuits.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Frappe for bfast .. .opted for crystal light and water instead

Fries with my turkey burger for lunch ... opted for side salad instead.

Now dinner ... I must resist alcohol ...
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    There was a lunch today at work for a colleague who is leaving the team, and it is also my Husband's birthday so we will be hitting up Red Lobster for dinner. For lunch I ordered an asian chicken salad, hold the slivered almonds, dressing on the side. It showed up with crispy onions on top, but I ate around them.
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    There's a dented-can liquidation store in my town, where one can buy king-sized bags of candy for $0.99. There's literally a whole wall of every.kind.of.candy.imaginable. I went in today to check for good deals on things like cereal, granola bars, etc... I walked through the candy aisle and resisted EVERYTHING! I'm one of those people that will only buy things if they're on sale, so it was even harder to resist buying candy :ohwell:

I ended up walking out with a $1.49 box of Special K, another of Fiber One, a box of instant oatmeal, and some natural popcorn. YAY for healthy choices!!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    My hubby brought me two chocolate chip cookies his co-worker made (so I know they are delicious!) and I was going to eat both with my lunch. But I only ate one and will save the other one for tomorrow (after my morning hike).

So I didn't exactly avoid the food, but decided to cut back! :happy:
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    You know why they call them muffins?

So you won't feel guilty having cake for breakfast
    :)

That is absolutely right! Lol cake for breakfast... muffins=muffin top! :tongue:
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    My hubby brought me two chocolate chip cookies his co-worker made (so I know they are delicious!) and I was going to eat both with my lunch. But I only ate one and will save the other one for tomorrow (after my morning hike).

So I didn't exactly avoid the food, but decided to cut back! :happy:

Cutting back is great too! We need to indulge a little sometimes, no argument there! :smile:
  • jarirhea
    jarirhea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mac and cheese I made my kids for lunch. I assumed id eat some so I logged 1/2 cup before I ate it... Then didn't eat it so I took it off my log list. Just had some granola instead
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    My mom's homemade peach cobbler(man I love being from the south...lol)
  • normapenado
    Options
    I have the same problem except that I work at friggin' dairy queen so it's soooo hard to escape a day without having a LICK of something...I can't say I do very well at resisting..still losing! But wish I had more self control..
  • irishchic1020
    irishchic1020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For a snack in this heat, my office manager went out and got ice cream bars for everyone. I munched on some natural almonds instead!