Dating site or Fitness site?

Options

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    BM99..I dk. I hadn't looked yet. I understand getting attention from the opposite sex and feeling attractive for the first time. I remember that when I lost my weight. And I was a teenager! lol But so far the guys who asked me for nudies are youngins hoping I'm a cougar and one is a personal trainer. It's always the youngins...and they act shocked when I don't b/c I have some confidence and self respect. Makes me wonder what the younger girls are doing....
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    @crobl...those are my workout clothes and I'm posting progress pictures. That's what we do here. I worked hard and proud to show off my abs and I don't think there's anything suggestive about the pix of my back muscles. I'm not talking about pics like mine. I'm seeing guys post pics of their butts in their skibbies and girls with just a shot of their boobs. There's a huge difference.

And thank you Kandy!

I understand that...because that's what I see when I look at them... I was merely suggesting that there is a sincere difference between people's preception and reality!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    The nature of the site and its' focus - improving our bodies, confidence etc - leads to people becoming quite involved, personal and even intimate in some cases. It's not a bad thing in my opinion that the community is so open, relaxed and honest.

However, asking for nudes is Category A: Weird.

He is right ^^ however no one should ask for nudes.
    They should be sent along with FR :drinker:
  • aleham
    aleham Posts: 44
    Options
    not to be rude...but most of your pics involve a lack of clothing...ever think that you could be sending guys the wrong message. Think like a dude for a second....and realize that while you are probably intending to show progress/etc... all they see is 'scantily clad girl'

I really disagree with this, the pictures that OP has on her profile are progress images, mostly comparative, to display her fitness level and how far she's come. She's wearing gym shorts and a sports bra, not a wet hooters tshirt and knickers. There's a really, REALLY big difference.

This site is about support and motivation, it's about accomplishing our goals and being confident and proud. Women (and men) should be able to wear whatever the heck they want without being sexualized. It's exactly the same mind-set as "she was asking to be sexually assaulted because of how she was dressed".

The message OP is sending in her pictures is "wow, look at how great I'm doing" not "ask me for nudes, I'm easy" and while the world is the way it is, and people are going to do what they're going to do, she's entitled to be annoyed about it without being shamed for the way that she dresses in her profile pictures because she's definitely not the one to blame.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    BM99..I dk. I hadn't looked yet. I understand getting attention from the opposite sex and feeling attractive for the first time. I remember that when I lost my weight. And I was a teenager! lol But so far the guys who asked me for nudies are youngins hoping I'm a cougar and one is a personal trainer. It's always the youngins...and they act shocked when I don't b/c I have some confidence and self respect. Makes me wonder what the younger girls are doing....

on behalf of the "youngins" cougars ask WAY more than we even think about...*checks inbox and smhes*
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just came across a site called http://www.fitness-singles.com that seems like it is a dating site where your matched based on common fitness activities.
  • aleham
    aleham Posts: 44
    Options
    I just came across a site called http://www.fitness-singles.com that seems like it is a dating site where your matched based on common fitness activities.

Haha, that's awesome!
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    not to be rude...but most of your pics involve a lack of clothing...ever think that you could be sending guys the wrong message. Think like a dude for a second....and realize that while you are probably intending to show progress/etc... all they see is 'scantily clad girl'

Wait, so you're telling me that men belonging to a FITNESS site can't possibly see a women on the same FITNESS site in WORKOUT clothes and think anything aside from "SHE SHOULD SHOW ME HER BOOBS, LET ME ASK!".

Please. Just because she has a nice body and is showing it in pretty modest workout clothes doesn't mean she's sending ANY message aside from "I take care of and am proud of my body". Think like a man my rear-- maybe think like a total creep.

so are you saying that men on a fitness site think differently than other guys? are they a special new breed? I'm sorry, but the majority of guys I know (no offense guys) see a girl in a bra and think "oooh boobs"

I have no problem with progress pictures...and the message that you're indicating is what I'm seeing.... So before you chastize me anymore, realize that I was simply presenting a different perspective.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    glad i'm not hot enough to be creeped on. yikes
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Depends who you're friends with, you need to be discriminating and choose the type of people who seem to have what you believe o be great qualities.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Desperate, lonely people seeking here what they can't get in real life.
    Pity them and move on.

Couldn't be further from the truth (in some cases, not all). Speak for yourself. *eye roll*
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pity them and move on.

Couldn't be further from the truth (in some cases, not all). Speak for yourself. *eye roll*
    I think he was referring to the nudies requests.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    if you show any kind of flesh they will gawk. Dont like it. Cover it up.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I only accept friend requests from the boldest, creepiest, most aggressive females this site has to offer.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Pity them and move on.

I think he was referring to the nudies requests.

In that case, I apologize. But showing skin on this site... it's just going to happen. Some people have been here for a while working toward their goal, and showing off what they've got is a motivator. Just wanted to speak up about that!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but the majority of guys I know (no offense guys) see a girl in a bra and think "oooh boobs"

Heck, I'm a hetero female, and when I see pics of girls in a bra I think "oooh boobs"! They're functional; they're beautiful, and they're worth showing off.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Wait, so you're telling me that men belonging to a FITNESS site can't possibly see a women on the same FITNESS site in WORKOUT clothes and think anything aside from "SHE SHOULD SHOW ME HER BOOBS, LET ME ASK!".

Please. Just because she has a nice body and is showing it in pretty modest workout clothes doesn't mean she's sending ANY message aside from "I take care of and am proud of my body". Think like a man my rear-- maybe think like a total creep.

so are you saying that men on a fitness site think differently than other guys? are they a special new breed? I'm sorry, but the majority of guys I know (no offense guys) see a girl in a bra and think "oooh boobs"

I have no problem with progress pictures...and the message that you're indicating is what I'm seeing.... So before you chastize me anymore, realize that I was simply presenting a different perspective.

Guys see a woman in a t-shirt and think "ooooh boobs". JS! :bigsmile:
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The nature of the site and its' focus - improving our bodies, confidence etc - leads to people becoming quite involved, personal and even intimate in some cases. It's not a bad thing in my opinion that the community is so open, relaxed and honest.

However, asking for nudes is Category A: Weird.

This. QFT.

...and there is nothing wrong with showing some skin/progress in the profile pics -- it is a fitness site.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options

Guys see a woman in a t-shirt and think "ooooh boobs". JS! :bigsmile:

but Boobs are so ...spectactular
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    - PATHETIC! -:noway:
    I've heard rapist rationalize their deeds just like this.
    Our attitude here needs to be supportive without injecting the added awkwardness of unwanted harassment.
    And if lonely hearts want to get nasty, start a nasty group.