Dating site or Fitness site?

Options

Replies

• Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    plenty of fish is full jumped up snobs who wont get from behind thier keyboard or people who think they are too good for anyone on the site. The decent girls on there are shocked into putting up the barriers by this kind of behaviour, thus ruining the experience for everyone.

i do not condone requests for nakedity, pushy messages or abuse however this site could be a good medium which to find someone into similar things without fear or judgement.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I had a MFP "friend" who was peppering me with fitness questions, weight loss support, PM's about politics, and then all of a sudden, I got this long PM about how she was no longer attracted to her husband and sexually dissatisfied, and on and on....

She invited me to sexy "chat" live, and when I refused, she deactivated her account and jetted MFP.
    I just think people get lonely, and later I found out she had been drinking that night...lol
    She's back up on MFP, doing well.
    And yes, we're still friends and even laugh about it.
    People are just people, and life is not all unicorns and rainbows.
    Keep Punching!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @baberz...Oh I should be GRATEFUL to be getting nudie pic requests at my old decrepit age? I get this kind of attention all the time, even on FB where my current default pic is me in Hollister sweats and nothin hangin out. C'mon now...I'm in better shape than most of the kids on my bus! Puhleez!!

Never said you weren't in great shape. I just read between the lines. Most people come in here to start a bunch of crap.
    No you shouldn't be GRATEFUL, but why not take it as some kind of compliment? Of course you aren't going to start sending nudes because someone asked you for them, but in a way it's kind of like a pat on the back...or *kitten* whatever. :tongue:

It's already been said, but so many people that use to be over weight come on here and start to feel themselves once they start to lose the weight. I can't blame them, I would take it as a compliment to a certain extent. But different strokes for different folks. I sure many people that use to be over weight and aren't any more are probably ready to pounce one something! In my case the more weight I lost the "hotter" I started feeling. &no hotter doesn't mean HOT in this case.
  • 2013Alli
    2013Alli Posts: 30
    Options
    :smile:
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Desperate, lonely people seeking here what they can't get in real life.
    Pity them and move on.
    And if some creep is asking for nudes, report him and make sure to shame him publicly on your news feed.
    I agree.
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It would be sad if people stop posting progress pictures because it truly is motivating to see. Unfortunately, there are creeps everywhere, and no amount of rational logic will change that. I totally understand that people want to show off the body they worked so hard and did so many sacrifices for. It's human nature to be attracted to a beautiful body, let's just not cross the line. People will cross it anyways, so all you can do then is to report them.

P.S.: When I post my own progress pictures, there will be boobs. Maybe just not the type creeps are hoping for...
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any of that on here. Just a bunch of joking around on the boards and harmless flirting between people. It's going to happen anywhere there are guys and girls especially sites where guys and girls are showing off their bodies. :laugh:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    There's a website for anything and everything that interests anybody. My only expectation is for the people on THIS website to abide by the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines I believe all of this is addressed there, including close up photos of breasts and photos in underwear and how low shorts and other bottom half apparel can be.

If you want to see/post your boobs, go to the boob site. If you want to see where someone has shaved their pubic hair, go to the shaved pubic hair site. I'm sure there are plenty of both.

And, you don't have to be half fricken naked to show your progress.

Many people are proud of what they have achieved! Losing 100 lbs and now wearing a bikini is a big achivement! Flaunt your success!

Here is a quote directly from that guideline page:

"If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic."

I guess nobody bothers to read the guidelines. Seems so.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I would just keep on doing what you're doing and not worry about what others do. You control your friends list. But I will say, this site can drive one MAD!
  • delilah47
    Options
    Now this lady showed her progress with class. I think she looks a lot sexier than anyone with boobs hangin out...an other stuff hangin out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651665-i-have-reached-my-first-big-goal-pic

Ladies, take a hint!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    There's a website for anything and everything that interests anybody. My only expectation is for the people on THIS website to abide by the http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines I believe all of this is addressed there, including close up photos of breasts and photos in underwear and how low shorts and other bottom half apparel can be.

If you want to see/post your boobs, go to the boob site. If you want to see where someone has shaved their pubic hair, go to the shaved pubic hair site. I'm sure there are plenty of both.

Many people are proud of what they have achieved! Losing 100 lbs and now wearing a bikini is a big achivement! Flaunt your success!

"If you are photographing yourself to demonstrate successful weight loss, tight fitting spandex is a great way to show the change in your shape, while still abiding by these guidelines. Photos altered to present inaccurate weight-loss results are prohibited. Please keep the experience at MyFitnessPal encouraging by keeping your "success" photos authentic."

So I am assuming that those beating the rest of us about the head and shoulders with the rulez also never drive over the speed limit, and report and pay every cent of the sales taxes on their online purchases too, right? Oh, come on, the Pirate Code is not so much rules as it is....GUIDELINES!
  • delilah47
    Options

So I am assuming that those beating the rest of us about the head and shoulders with the rulez also never drive over the speed limit, and report and pay every cent of the sales taxes on their online purchases too, right? Oh, come on, the Pirate Code is not so much rules as it is....GUIDELINES!

Yep, that's the problem. Everyone feels "entitled" these days. The rules don't apply to them. They ARE guidelines, so be guided by them.

Edit: I'm sure if you violate the guidelines, you will not be criminally charged. The idea (for you entitled people) is that your revealing pictures on your profile photo may be offensive to some people. That is what MFP is attempting to avoid by requesting you don't post them. You are not running this company. MFP owners are and they want a site which stays, pretty much, G rated, so when someone is going through the forums, they are not put off by your profile photo. Is that so hard to understand? Why not put your revealing photos inside, instead of right up front where a person has no choice. The object of this site is not how sexy you can look, it's to help gain a healthy lifestyle. The girls saying they are just showing their progress with a close up of their mammary organs know that's not what they are doing. They want attention, which works with the mentality of most of the men here. Sorry guys, you encourage it.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Now this lady showed her progress with class. I think she looks a lot sexier than anyone with boobs hangin out...an other stuff hangin out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651665-i-have-reached-my-first-big-goal-pic

Ladies, take a hint!

Im not trying to date here, but i DO LOVE posting my progress pics, and have my friends tell me what changes they see ( my belly looks better, or arms look more toned, or back getting shapely)...i LOVE looking at others'bikini pics... I have worked SO HARD and am PROUD.
    19536421_1731.jpg
  • binaryjester
    binaryjester Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say that all my friends get continually hit on and berated for naughty pics.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Yep, that's the problem. Everyone feels "entitled" these days. The rules don't apply to them. They ARE guidelines, so be guided by them.

Edit: I'm sure if you violate the guidelines, you will not be criminally charged. The idea (for you entitled people) is that your revealing pictures on your profile photo may be offensive to some people. That is what MFP is attempting to avoid by requesting you don't post them. You are not running this company. MFP owners are and they want a site which stays, pretty much, G rated, so when someone is going through the forums, they are not put off by your profile photo. Is that so hard to understand? Why not put your revealing photos inside, instead of right up front where a person has no choice. The object of this site is not how sexy you can look, it's to help gain a healthy lifestyle. The girls saying they are just showing their progress with a close up of their mammary organs know that's not what they are doing. They want attention, which works with the mentality of most of the men here. Sorry guys, you encourage it.

All I hear is blah, blah, blah... I'm a crazy cat lady that has way too much time on my hands and wants to police everybody else.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    not to be rude...but most of your pics involve a lack of clothing...ever think that you could be sending guys the wrong message. Think like a dude for a second....and realize that while you are probably intending to show progress/etc... all they see is 'scantily clad girl'

Wait, so you're telling me that men belonging to a FITNESS site can't possibly see a women on the same FITNESS site in WORKOUT clothes and think anything aside from "SHE SHOULD SHOW ME HER BOOBS, LET ME ASK!".

Please. Just because she has a nice body and is showing it in pretty modest workout clothes doesn't mean she's sending ANY message aside from "I take care of and am proud of my body". Think like a man my rear-- maybe think like a total creep.

so are you saying that men on a fitness site think differently than other guys? are they a special new breed? I'm sorry, but the majority of guys I know (no offense guys) see a girl in a bra and think "oooh boobs"

I have no problem with progress pictures...and the message that you're indicating is what I'm seeing.... So before you chastize me anymore, realize that I was simply presenting a different perspective.

Guys see a woman in a t-shirt and think "ooooh boobs". JS! :bigsmile:

Guys see a woman and think "ooooh boobs". JS! :bigsmile:
  • lewist90
    lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    what!?! people can send nudie pics????? im in hahah jk. flattery and creepiness need to be addressed
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

You have a choice, you chose to let the actions of others bother you. Sad.
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    not to be rude...but most of your pics involve a lack of clothing...ever think that you could be sending guys the wrong message. Think like a dude for a second....and realize that while you are probably intending to show progress/etc... all they see is 'scantily clad girl'

I thought the exact same thing.
  • myers0machine
    Options
    why would you come on a website like this to put women or men silly really we are here to get fit